“A delicious culinary trip in a verry Mexican setting”
Review of Al andalus

Al andalus
Ranked #93 of 5,845 Restaurants in Mexico City
Price range: USD 12 - USD 20
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Centro Histórico
Reviewed 21 January 2016

I was recommended to try this restaurant by some friends and was not disappointed at all. It is housed in an old but well kept colonial mansion which gives the impression that you are traveling back in time. Food was absolutely delicious: keppe, hummus, tabbouleh, babba ganoush, falafel, shish kebab, dolmades, everything was great. We finish off with some yummy sweets and arabic coffee. Maybe the only problem was that many of the dishes names are translated into Spanish and even though I´m Mexican, I had to struggle to understand what was which. But with the attentive help of a nice waiter, we could go on a culinary trip to the Middle East in a very Mexican setting.

Date of visit: January 2016
1  Thank AusverGeorge
Management response:Responded 1 April 2016

Reviewed 15 December 2015

I liked this restruant , while hard to find and the street scape may worry some , that said the ambiance was delightful, we chose to eat entrees rather than main courses so my review is some what incomplete, Brown seemed to be the preferred color of the dishes emerging from the kitchen and the three ladies adjacent us played with their food so I assume it was not a favorite of theirs. Our falafel was dry and bland, the homus good and the pita bread ok, I tried what I thought was dolmades but they were very average.
All up nice place, average food.

Date of visit: December 2015
Reviewed 29 November 2015 via mobile

Unique place, delicious flavors and great ambiance!
We had a good time while discoverying new food. Totally recommended!

Date of visit: November 2015
Management response:Responded 1 April 2016

Reviewed 30 May 2015

We were walking in the area in the late afternoon when the fragrance of fresh coffee lured us into a tiny coffee shop. "Arabic coffee", we were told, and Arabic desserts to accompany it. Fresh and delicious. And, the young lady informed us, backed up by another customer, there is a Lebanese restaurant upstairs that's very good. We checked the unprepossessing door on the side away from the tire repair shop and, sure enough, a real restaurant with white table clothes and an interesting menu. No room however, and we tried calling the next day about 3 to make an appointment for 4:30 (it's open until 6:00,at least during the week) and were told to forget that - just come before 2:00 to be sure of a table. We got there at 1:30 and only a few places were occupied. When we left at 3:00 it was standingroom only. We ordered falafel, tabbouleh, hummus, fatoush, bread with cheese and Za'tar, lemonade with mint, and (I forget the name but it's ground spiced lamb on a skewer). Wonderful, great. Best hummus I've had outside Bethlehem. Arab coffee for dessert with a tray of delicacies to choose from. Expensive, at least to these two expats, but worth the money for sure. And we took some back to the hotel for supper. Would I go again if we are visiting in DF? For sure! Oh, friendly waiters ready to advise and help, also. Thanks, AL Andalus.

Date of visit: May 2015
1  Thank IxtapaPastor
Reviewed 22 February 2015 via mobile

Amazing food, really good service and a reasonable price.

If you like Lebanese food, this is the best in Mexico