All reviews frida kahlo museum private room rooftop patio breakfast included hostel metro
Reviewed 27 January 2017

I was told it was the cleanest in the world by a seasoned traveler I met at breakfast. I hadn't ever stayed at a hostel before, so before her assessment, I only knew for sure the entire place was cleaner than our house has ever been since our kids made it to adolescence, lol.

I had a private room & it was everything I needed for a week's vacation -- hot shower + comfortable bed The property is a 15-min walk to the Coyoacan Metro stop, several parks, the covered market, a supermarket, a small mall & many bakeries (one quite large), & the Frida Kahlo museum. The taxi fare from the airport is ~mx$250.

Bring your earplugs bc neighborhood dogs & cats all night (which is just Mexico). Bring warm clothes for sleeping (no central heating in Mexico City) & maybe a book light.

The breakfast is a delicious business, the coffee is so good, the staff is sweet and kind and patient. The actual property is secure. What's the catch? You had better speak Spanish. I do, so I will tell you: I hated to leave and I can not wait to go back.

Room Tip: make sure to email the property ahead of time to avoid check-in confusion (come ready to show the emails, just in case.)
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank elspethhillymartine
Reviewed 2 January 2017 via mobile

Beautiful hostel hidden in coyacan Mexico City. Visited this hostel with my boyfriend to celebrate New Years and we were amazed by it's picturesque aura with paintings from Frida Kahlo, who's house can be visited only a few blocks away. The owners are friendly and helpful, the breakfast served is Mexican style and tastes wonderful! Well worth a visit, one of the best hostels I've visited!

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 October 2016 via mobile

The staff at Cuija were all so lovely and sweet! They made my stay very enjoyable! They went out of their way to make me feel welcomed and comfortable! It is in a great location which is nice, quiet and safe!

Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 July 2016

The Hostal is pretty cool, has nice staff (they only speak spanish) and it´s clean! They have really cool terraces, to chill out and have a beer. The area is safe and super nice!
One bad thing is, that the rooms are pretty small....it´s not quite clear where to store your stuff.

But overall its a really good Hostal and I can highly recommend to stay here!

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 July 2016

The Cuija hostel has everything you need, great location, friendly staff, nice rooms and bathroom, when you are a travel budget. I only had few days in town, and decided to spend my last day there. In the morning I went to Casa Azul - Frida's Museum, had breakfast at Mi Mercado and walked around the lovely neighborhood. I was going to take off very early in the morning to catch my flight, and the lovely lady who works get there, left my breakfast on the fridge for me, and also booked my cab ride. You might feel you are staying at a friend's house, hanging out in the living room! So cute! Full of books and details to find out!

Room Tip: The private room has a lovely window to the garden, very bright and cozy
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo