Book now, pay at stay
USD 464
USD 417
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsincredible staffwalking distancenice amenitiesbusiness tripfront desk staffrooms are spaciousgympillowsstarbucksdistrict
Reviewed 1 June 2018 via mobile

Like many NH hotels this has the same minimalist feel which is nice and clean. The rooms are reasonably spacious and comfortable although there’s not a lot of storage space so your packing should be minimalist too. Wall sockets are sparse - one on the desk and one by the bed.

The WiFi is patchy - in my room it barely worked, I might as well have not had it, but in the common areas it was better. I suppose that’s to be expected from a system which has WiFi as the password for the WiFi - doesn’t make you think a lot of planning has gone into it.

An espresso coffee machine, kettle and iron/ironing board are all provided and the rooms are pretty well sound-proofed as well. Even being near the elevator, something I usually hate, wasn’t a problem and the perpetual traffic outside barely penetrated. Little things like missing lightbulbs and doors that don’t close properly are also on the ‘annoying but I couldn’t be bothered trying to tell anybody’ list.

The gym is adequate but not great and missing some basic items like a step and decent mat. It has no free weights or dumbbells, just a small range of weight machines plus one bike, two treadmills, a step machine and a rowing machine which couldn’t be turned on because it was missing the electrical socket.

Breakfast is plentiful but not varied - if you’re staying more that a few days it gets dull. It’s also not great on the health score - so much sugar. I don’t think I’ve ever been in a hotel before where the four cereal options were coco pops, fruit loops, frosted flakes and sugar puffs. No muesli, no bran, no porridge - there was granola but from the taste it was probably on par with the fruit loops for sugar.
On the plus side there’s a good selection of fruit and they did have plain yoghurt. But even the bread was quite sweet with a very limited selection of plain breads - most of that section was also devoted to things filled with chocolate, coated with sugar or otherwise enhanced. And that’s not including the pancakes, French toast and churros.

Dinner is also OK. Limited range and short on vegetables and salad but OK if you’ve had a long day and just want something quick and easy. But thee are many restaurants nearby plus an enormous mall if you want a more extensive dining experience.

Obviously the hotel is very handy for anyone with business in the financial district but it’s a good hour or so from the centre of the city. Mucho trafico.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Salvador C, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at NH Collection Mexico City Santa Fe, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2018

Dear Sr. Cohearn

I want to thank you for your preference at Nh Collection Mexico City Santa Fe.

I'm glad to know that you enjoyed your stay and our rooms, and our excellent location, near to important malls, restaurants, offices and different nice places around us.

I'm really sorry your buffet experience was not what you expected in our restaurant , I’m going to canalize your comment to our food & beverage manager. We have a very dedicated customer support team here to help you in any way we can. In the future, you can contact us directly for much quicker response and resolution at: s.cisneros@nh-hotels.com

Reviewed 16 May 2018 via mobile

We had an early this departure so I went to the breakfast area to see if I could get coffee to go. I asked the hostess and she directed me to a self serve coffee stand right in the lobby. After pouring it the woman tells me black coffee is "not free" it's a beautiful whopping 120 pesos or usd$6. Seriously?? For a six ounce cup. What pathetic "service". What a total rip off for something that should be free or at least fairly priced. I wouldn't even pay that in NYC.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Salvador C, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at NH Collection Mexico City Santa Fe, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2018

Dear Guest,

I want to thank you for your preference at Nh Collection Mexico City Santa Fe.

Thank you for your honest feedback, we deeply appreciate each one as a way to constantly improve. I'm really sorry our service experience was not what you expected in our restaurant, I’m going to canalize your comment to our food & beverage manager, because this is not the correct price, it's $30 Mexican pesos per cup or $120 the coffee jar with service included.

We really hope to receive you soon,

Salvador Cisneros
Guest Relations.

Reviewed 2 May 2018

If you have business at the Santa Fe this is a good option. The hotel is comfortable, the room is large with all the courtesy items that one usually finds in a NH Hotel: free wifi in the rooms (good quality), TV, safe, Nespresso coffee machine, water boiler, iron. Bed is good with a large assortment of pillows. Bathroom has an appropriate size with a nice shower.
Breakfast is good. There are a lot of options of restaurants nearby (including the ones in the hotel) and there is a large shopping mall at a walking distance. The hotel is not recommended for tourists, since Santa Fe is far from the major touristic attractions and the traffic is very jammed any time, any day.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank BrazilViajante
Salvador C, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at NH Collection Mexico City Santa Fe, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2018

Dear Guest,

I want to thank you for your preference at Nh Collection Mexico City Santa Fe.

Thank you for your honest feedback, we are very happy to know that you enjoyed your stay experience with us. We really hope to receive you soon, in your favorite Hotel in Mexico City. Nh Santa Fe.

Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

Really good hotel, breakfast is extensive of options, room is spacious and clean, gym is fantastic and the most important bit, location is perfect with loads of restaurants and shopping centres nearby. I will comeback soon.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Salvador C, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at NH Collection Mexico City Santa Fe, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2018

Dear Sr. Pedro

I want to thank you for your preference at Nh Collection Mexico City Santa Fe.

I'm glad to know that you enjoyed your stay, our services and our excellent location, near to important malls, restaurants, offices and diferent nice places around us to visit.

Reviewed 10 March 2018

The staff tried to follow the rules of checking in and checking out by the book, but was not able to comply with the expectations of a hotel this category. Even if you have their preferred card, they will never do anything beyond their criteria. I spent 10 days in the three NH Hotels in Mexico City and clearly this one is the worst. Nothing works properly. My first night in the City I spent it in this NH Hotel Santa Fe, and the TV did not work. I was told that the whole system was down. After 10 days of Staying three nights at NH Hotel Reforma and at the Airport, I returned to the same location. I was given a room with a broken shower, with no pressure in the sink and the TV was still not working. The gentle person in charge of Client´s relations, offered me a free breakfast, first. When I said that I was leaving to another hotel for the rest of my stay-5 more nights- he offered me an up grade to a better room and he himself helped me to move, guarantying me that everything will be fine. I stayed. In that room things seemed to work. But everything was a hazel, you come back at 2 o´clock in the afternoon, and the room is not made. Or, they had come to make the bed but the rubbish bin is full from the day before, the towels are smelly and the floor dirty. Laundry is inefficient. Never a 5 star hotel.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Salvador C, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at NH Collection Mexico City Santa Fe, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2018

Dear Maria L,

I want to thank you for your preference at Nh Collection Mexico City Santa Fe.

I'm really sorry your stay experience was not what you expected. You and the rest of our customers mean the world to us; we wouldn't be where we are without you. I really feel so shame, by the bad experience that you lived with all the cleaning and maintenance issues. Thanks for the lovely comments about my service. I just give the service that all my guests deserve.

We really hope to receive you soon.