All reviewsprivate roombed dormyogurttop bunkcentral locationgreat locationsecurity guardhot waterno elevatorlaundry servicecommon areas arefree breakfastsix nightsclean roomsmetro stationevery morningper night
Reviewed 27 May 2017

I stayed in private triple room for the first time and private double room when I visited Mexico city again. The location is great that takes 2 min to Zocalo Plaza and very close to stores. Breakfast is included but it was just basic, not-too-bad food. One thing great is that they clean the room everyday thus longer stay won't be a problem. The quietness really depends on which room you get: it was super quiet for the inward triple room, but when we get the one right next to the street, we could hear everything that was going on outside.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 May 2017

I stayed at the Mexico City hostel in Mexico City for 4 nights from Thursday 13 April 2017 to Monday 17 April 2017.
I found the hostel check in process to be very quick and easy. The male staff member was polite. However I was located on the third floor in a female 8 bed dorm and I had a heavy suitcase and the hostel does not have a lift and when I made mention to this I was not offered any help from the male staff member which I found to be quite disappointing. I struggled with the first flight of stairs however the security guard saw me struggling and offered to help by taking my suitcase to the third floor right outside the dorm room. I really appreciated the security guards help. Thank you very much Mr Security Guard.
The dorm room itself on floor 3 room 23, I found to be very spacious and the other guests nice and police. The locker was huge in size and can fit loads in including a suitcase with a height size of 76cm and length size of 50.5cm and depth size 36.3cm including wheels and handles. I found the locker to be excellent storage. Please note you do need to bring your own padlock as one is not given to you by the hostel. However you may be able to buy one from the hostel reception but you would need to check this with the hostel directly prior to your arrival. Although the hostel has free wifi it can be very patchy in the room.
There was no bathroom in the dorm room instead it was located on the same floor at the other end of the floor. Please be aware that if you are female you may want to be located on the floor where the female bathroom is otherwise you will have to go up and down flights of stairs each day when you need to use the toilet or shower. There was no mirror or sink in the dorm room either.
The negative is that each bed does not have its own individual light or plug socket therefore in the dark unless you have a torch you have to end up putting the one main light on which disturbs everyone. And also you have to keep constantly getting up to use the one main plug socket source area to plug in any items that need charging or to use any electrical items such as a hair dryer and I was on the top bunk and for me this became somewhat annoying and frustrating. After a few days a guest left the bottom bunk, and upon speaking to the hostel reception i changed my bed to the bottom bunk.
The breakfast is included in your stay at the hostel and you are given an ample breakfast each morning which starts at 8am. Breakfast includes juice, coffee, bread and you can make your own toast, butter, jam, cut up fruit, jelly, yogurt, cereal, eggs each day made with a different ingredient such as spicy peppers, or eggs with tomatoes etc. Also during my stay on one of the days breakfast was instead nachos with a sauce.
I asked for a map at reception and was given one for free.
Location wise the hostel is excellently placed as it is a stones throw away from zocalo square, templo mayor and its museum (cost 70.00 Mexican pesos) and the Mexico City cathedral (free entry). There is also the Mexico City tour bus you can get which the tour guide only speaks in Spanish which does a tour around Mexico City of 10 buildings and costs a mere 60.00 Mexican pesos.
The hostel does offer the service of being able to book tours at reception. I booked the Teotihuacan tour at a cost of 590 Mexican pesos. I was picked up from the hostel and also dropped back off at the hostel so it was a door to door service. The tour guide was excellent in the information he gave and his friendly approach. I found the cost of the tour to be a bit expensive and it does not include lunch. We were taken to a restaurant for lunch of which we paid 185 Mexican pesos each for a buffet lunch and this price did not include drinks.
Overall I had an excellent stay and would definitely recommend this hostel.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank 1sam
Reviewed 6 May 2017

First, I booked the place in the dormitory via booking.com. Then I found out that they have private rooms and decided to re-book. The cancellation policy was of free cancellation until 30 April. I canceled on 29 and booked the private suite on the website. However, shortly I received an email that I owe 200 pesos for cancellation. I wrote an email to the hotel, but they never replied.
On the arrival, I explained the situation to the staff in the hostel. She replied that I will have to pay that cancellation fee, because it is the policy of the hostel. It looked complete nonsense, because I just upgraded for another room, besides it was even before free cancellation deadline. When I started complaining, she said that if I don't like something, she can cancel my reservation (with further charge) and I can go elsewhere to search a better place (!)

The hostel advertises its rooms as view to the city. In reality, the room do not have any windows! And it was not the only lies. The room I was proposed to stay in, looked like a closet, with no air at all. I returned to the reception and asked to show me other rooms, because it was definitely what I was booking. The lady from the reception was very rude and completely incompetent. She sent me first to see other room which revealed to be a dorm. Then she said she has no other options. I checked on booking, and yes, they did have other room advertised. After I showed her this, she had no other option as to give me the key from other room, which had at least a window going to the corridor so that it was possible to breathe there. I can't say it was a good one, but at least not a closet. I think the member of staff actually lied deliberately that they don't have more rooms.

The overall experience looked very poor to me. The nice decorations on the walls do not help with such an attitude which seems to be a policy of the hotel.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 April 2017

We booked a room with a window and street view. Upon check-in, we were settled in a room without windows. Because of this, the room was not ventilated. In the room changing we were denied. Next to our room were garbage bins and every morning at 5 am someone with noise take out them. As a consequence, every morning we woke up at 5 am! At check-out they told us to pay more than 1,000 pesos more, but then they said that it was a mistake on booking.com. For towels they asked us any ID as a deposit! This is nonsense! And after all this I can say that price unreasonable high for this hostel.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank girafrica
Reviewed 17 April 2017 via mobile

This place was a great location a block from the Zocalo. The rooms were clean. However, no fresh air will ventilate through your room as there isn't any windows. I stayed in a private room with my son. Only negative thing is that if you get a room by living room area, people stay up late watching t.v. very loud. The Hostel in general is safe. There's security 24/7 and you get buzzed in. Very clean rooms. Sort of dirty bathrooms. Free breakfast from 8-10am.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family