1,077 results
All reviews great location modern hotel templo mayor breakfast buffet historical sites the main square excellent hotel five nights historic center stayed nights bed was comfortable excellent stay walking distance rooms are clean national palace street noise few blocks
Reviewed 24 August 2017

My wife and I stayed at the NH Centro Historico for five nights over summer break. I booked the hotel rather than using my Starwood points because of the great pricing on the Junior Suite (only $90) per night. We arrived at the hotel just after the scheduled check-in time and the check-in process was seamless. We were in our room shortly thereafter. The suite is decorated with modern furniture, however the furniture was white, or it was when it was new. The décor was marred by stains and black marks on the sofa and such. The room was spacious and comfortable. The two flat screens tvs (one in the bedroom and one in the sitting area) were a nice touch. The Bathroom was updated and large with separate shower and tub as well as a toilet enclosure.
The hotel is located within walking distance of everything within the Centro Historico. We walked to the Zocalo, Templo Mayor and the National Palace all within five minutes. We also had a tour booked and our meeting point was the Amigo Hostel which was a three minute walk from the hotel.
The staff is amazing, very attentive and accommodating. They helped us with everything from directions to suggestions for restaurants to booking tours. The restaurant is nice and affordable. We dined there on a couple of rainy nights rather than venturing out into the elements.
Speaking of the rain, there was a leak in the lobby ceiling which quickly escalated into an eyesore of a hole with bucket to capture the water. This caused the revolving door to be rendered Out of Service when it was raining.
Despite its problems which could very easily be remedied, I found this hotel to be quite nice and I would recommend it to someone looking to stay close to the Zocalo. Hopefully they change out the furniture and patch the leaks in short order.

Room tip: I chose the Jr. Suite because it was priced so reasonably. The higher the room number the farther it is from the elevators.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 25 August 2017

Dear guest:

I want to thank the time you took to share your comments with us and other Trip Advisor users regarding your stay at the NH Centro Histórico Hotel, for a server it is very valuable to receive feedback from our guests.

We are pleased that we have met your expectations regarding our services, care and facilities and assure you that we will be working to improve them continuously. I commented that we are in continuous process of improving our facilities in order to satisfy the needs of our customers. I am sure that on a future visit you will notice the difference.

We hope to be able to count on your preference on a future trip to Mexico City, it will be a pleasure to serve you.

Have a great day.

Reviewed 18 August 2017

Very clean rooms, friendly staff. Hotel's refered excellent uber srvs (I highly recommend driver by the name of Ruben Reyes. He ensure my family was at a safe place before he left us to our destination.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with NH Hotels
Management response:Responded 24 August 2017

Dear Guest:

We are pleased to know that the hotel was to your liking and that both our location and our services lived up to their expectations. I will share your comments with our NH Centro Histórico team, where I am sure your words will motivate them to strive even more to provide our guests with an excellent service and passion.

We hope that soon we will have the opportunity to serve you again. We send you a warm greeting and we hope to see you soon for your home!

Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

Stayed there for two days during. Good location, close to the "Centro Histórico" and in a walking distance to a lot of attractions. We got an ok room, large, clean, with no view. The service is somehow indifferent. The check-in was so slow even through a previous reservation.

Bottom line: nothing but a good choice.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Management response:Responded 16 August 2017

Dear Mateus:

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for evaluating our services at NH Centro Histórico hotel in Mexico City and for sharing with us your experiences during your stay. Feedback received from our guests is a valuable tool through which we can implement ways to better our service and I am sorry we did meet your expectations.

I have asked our committe executive to search one plan accion for our service, I am sure the issue will be fixed very soon.

My team and I would appreciate the opportunity of being able to welcome you back to NH Centro Histórico and of being of service to you in the near future. Once again, please accept our apologies.

Sincerely

Reviewed 30 July 2017

Kind of indifferent service, noisy hotel room because of some summing from electrical device. But clean and good standard rooms. Good location, fair price. We where not blown away by there breakfast although other people have praised it.

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with NH Hotels
ogutierrez2017, Gerente at NH Mexico City Centro Historico, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2017

Dear gusseman,

We regret that your experience at the hotel have not been to your liking, thanks for letting us know about this situation.

Your feedback help us to fix the details that you just mentioned and ensure each of our guests feel satisfied with the service and the quality you deserve.

We hope you can consider visit us again to make your stay a better experience.

Olivia Gutiérrez
Director

Reviewed 29 July 2017

fab for first time visitors wanting to enjoy the heart of the city. walking distance to the main attractions such as Bellas Artes, Casa de los Azulejos, Cathedral, Templo Mayor and Palacio Nacional. I have stayed there twice and would certainly go back

Date of stay: January 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear SofSof72,

I would like to thank you for placing your trust in us for this stay, we are glad to know that the installations and services of the hotel were of your liking.

At NH Mexico City Centro Histórico we always aim to make our guests feel like home! And is very satisfying that you let us know the result of our team's work is delivering toour guests great experiences.

We expect to see you soon at this your home.

Kindest regards,