All reviews pino suarez budget price comfortable king size bed great location lots of hot water bus station walking distance minute walk bellas artes per night top floor centro beds ventilation hairdryer elevator luggage
Reviewed 3 July 2018

We had previously stayed at this hotel and loved it. We travel to Mexico City about 3 times a year. This time was the worst. We will never stay here again! The first night we stayed in a room that faced the street and the afternoon sun. Soooo hot but we were tired and trudged on. As there was an election last night, we were failed to be told about the huge loud celebrations that are incurred with such an event! People screaming and chanting along with horns blaring right under our window. This continued on all of the night up until about 4 am. We could close our windows because there is no air conditioning.
When I was finally able to sleep I was awoken to a clogged toilet. So went to front desk and asked to change room, the maneger told me to pack my things and come back in a bit and my room would be a better room and all our things would be in our new room. Feeling confident we went on our way to explore. The time came to return tired and hot and low and behold.... they had no idea that we were to be moved. Struggling to find a room for us.
We were then told to go with bell hop and get our luggage. We did as we were told and got in a much smaller room with a window but no ventilation coming though very hot.. I called to front desk and asked for the extra pillow I had asked for 2 times before and was told 5 minutes .. and it never arrived.. at this point a I asked quite politly for the pillow again and was laughed at and told to hold on while they put their hand over the phone and continue laughing about my request thinking I did not understand Spanish. I then went to front desk to confront them in person and was told they were very sorry and we could have a second fan as well as another pillow within 5 minutes. Needless to say 6 hours and I still had not received the pillow nor the fan.
I gave up.. took a shower and low and behold... no hot water!
Now I'm sure for some, we just accept it for what it is most of the time but to be blatantly lied to and made fun of is just rude! There is no excuse if you want to keep customers returning. My review may touch some and discourage others but no one should have to be miserable on their vacation. Reviews should be honest and forth coming and I hope that mine will help some.

Room Tip: Interior to avoid sun and street noise
Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank wjennings1267
Hotel Castropol C, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Castropol, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2018

Dear guest, I am very sorry you had such a bad experience with us this time, I understand why you are angry and I have talked to the front desk very seriously about guest requests . Hot water issue has been resolved, and I hope you accept our apologies. Regards, María

Reviewed 3 July 2018 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel twice in the past. It was a great hotel for the money. My most recent stay has been horrible. We have had trouble with the front desk clerks. Clogged toilets, and cold water. My wife requested an extra pillow, that has never arrived. We have asked twice on the phone, and even visited the front desk to no evail. The first room we stayed in had a clogged toilet. We requested to be moved, it took almost 6 hours to change rooms. The next room was pleasant, and clean. I went to take a shower, and the water was ice cold. It never warmed up. This place has lost me as a customer for certain. I want to give others a heads up before staying here. Don’t trust the high ratings.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rwjennings

Dear guest, I understand why you did not enjoyed your stty with us this time and we are very sorry , I offer you an apology. Sometimes as all hotels and houses around the world, we have some technical issues that result in clogged toilets , but we have take care of that and we will continue to resolve any issues that may happen as best as we can. Regards,María

Reviewed 18 June 2018

Hotel is exactly as you see in the pics, clean rooms and washrooms, good mattress, lots of hot water, new towels, fast wifi, courteous staff. Have a restaurant ( we did not eat here) we stayed here for three weeks in March, a short walk to the zacalo on a busy street, where there are some great restaurants around, walking distance to the Bella Artes on a pedestrian only street. One street from the restaurant on your left facing the zacola are some nice restaurants in a pedestrian only street. The street is busy all the tome as there is a bus station a block away, we did not use the subway as taxi is inexpensive.

Stayed: March 2018
Hotel Castropol C, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Castropol, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2018

Dear guest thank you very much for choosing us for discovering Mexico City, we are glad you enjoyed your time with us and took advantage of our excellent location. Warm regards,María

Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

Staff were friendly and helpful but I wouldn't stay here again.
No air conditioning, which I knew but the fan didn't cut it as the windows were absurdly small. My room got all of the afternoon sun, so after adventuring all day it felt like walking into an oven.
It was great being so close to the city centre but the noise was obscene! It was only quiet between 6am-8am. Stores nearby used megaphones and speakers to advertise during the day (which was interesting to listen to :). At night there was construction work next door with power tools and metal grinders from midnight-6am. Cars drove up and down the area with speakers on the outside, promoting politicians and bargain deals, all at 2am.

The hotel itself was wonderful and a good price for the service.

Unfortunately it was ruined by the environment outside their control. If you have tours with early starts do not stay here! You probably won't sleep.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
Hotel Castropol C, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Castropol, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2018

We are very sorry you had a bad experience at the hotel, that particular situation is exclusive for the rooms facing the street, we only have six of them and some guests like them better because they face the street, however we understand they are more exposed to the sun and therefore may be hotter and the windows are smaller due to security, this does not happen with the inner rooms, so I hope you can give us an other chance. Regards,María.

Reviewed 21 May 2018

The best thing about this hotel is its location. It is also very clean and the rooms are spacious. Do not expect greta deal of knowledge from the concierge (I got a lot of wrong information) but you certainly cannot beat the service for the unbelcievble budget price.
The breakfast is quite good.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Viktor S
Hotel Castropol C, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Castropol, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2018

Thank you very much for staying with us, we are sorry about the information. Reagards,Maria