“Bamba Jungle Bike & Trek - Machu Picchu” 4 of 5 bubbles

and up
Sacred Valley 4x4 Quadbike Adventure from Cusco
Ranked #18 of 95 Tours in Mexico City
More attraction details
Owner description: Bamba Experience is an independent travel network offering flexible bus travel passes, backpacking trips, and great adventure trips around the world including Latin America, North America, Europe, Africa, Asia, and Oceania. We provide guaranteed daily departures, unlimited schedule changes on your bus travel passes and unique experiences. Our team is there to help you make the most of your trip while making it possible for you to travel independently. Check out our website and we will be happy to help you create an itinerary for your trip, and give you the best recommendations! Your option for Independent, Safe, & Flexible Travels!
Graz, Austria
“Bamba Jungle Bike & Trek - Machu Picchu”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014

I have booked a Bamba Guided Tour with Guide to Machu Picchu through the Inka Trail. It was an amazing expirience. Our Guide Edi was really cool und we have a lot of fun during the tour. First day we made a bike downhill drive from 4100m to 1888m, amazing!!!We drove through clouds and pass small rivers on the street. The bike ride takes 54km!
The next day we made a long hikke and in the end a very special cable car ride :-D it was really unique and then we relax at some warm matural springs, so take your shorts with you. The next day we do some cable car rides through the river (they are about 40m high, you pass the river, great thing. During the trek we go through coffee, coca, banana, avocado plantages. On the last day in the morning we visit the machu picchu!

I just want to say, book through bamba because we were just a group of 4 and the other group which also was travelling the same way but behind us, they were about 10-12 people.
If you like to visit the machu picchu, don t take the grandmother standard way, take the bamba one and you have a really excieting travel!!

Best regards
DaVe from Austria

Visited February 2014

Zurich, Switzerland
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Extremely helpful and professional”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014

I did the route from Bangkok to Hanoi in early 2014. The Asia team is extremely competent and will be able to arrange and rearrange your transport and tours quickly which gives you freedom and peace of mind.

I had a short trip through Asia so the flexibility and ease of the route made my time there less stressful.

If you have the time to arrange everything yourself and travel around for months then this is probably not for you, as going off the beaten path is not really possible, but if you have a short trip and know your route then I would recommend it.

Visited February 2014
Gold Coast, Australia
“Independent and organised way to adventure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014

The Bamba Experience team made my trip to Central America hassle free! I had a wonderful time, feeling at ease with the suggested itinerary and assistance.

Visited December 2013
Sydney, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“total lack of information made a confusing start to what was meant to be a great holiday”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

When I used bamba to take me to ilha grande there was quite a mix up. It quickly became clear I had not been sent the necessary information by the company and that despite having paid promptly and months in advance for the service bamba had no idea who I was and failed to fill me in on basics like where I was staying. Disappointing service, not worth half of what I worked so hard for. For further info read:

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Miranda F
paulsarfati, Director General at Bamba Experience, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Dear Miranda,

First of all we want to thank you for your very appreciated feedback, all our clients opinion is very important for us.

I am very sorry that you had the experience that you had, but to be honest we feel that it was not because our lack of information, as you mention in your post, nor our lack of professionalism.

We have revised all the corredpondence we had with you and found 4 emails from you, the 1st informing us where you were staying in Rio so we can pick you up. The 2nd saying you never received any kind of confirmation for your tour but then we clearly proved you that we sent this one week before your departure. The third thanking us for the info and asking a few questions about your tours included on the package you bought and finally a 4th one expressing your concern about departure time from Ilha Grande and your worries about catching the bus all the way to Rio.

In the confirmation that we sent you, we sent all the info regarding the pick-up times, and specified that the pick-up time is between 10:30 and 11:30 a.m as there is ALOT of traffic in Rio de Janeiro, so that is why sometimes the pick-ups are late. We did send you the information on where you are staying in Ilha Grande, so we are a bit surprised that you did not read the e-mail confirmation, and that you didn't know where you where staying, when it was clearly stated in your confirmation. We organize independent adventures meaning we book with different operators for each route, therefore the shuttle company is one company, the accommodation is another company and the tours in Ilha Grande is another company, that is why the driver didn't know where you where staying, because all the information was in your e-mail confirmation that you received 1 week prior to your departure, and that you confirmed you received.

I invite you to go back and read all the e-mail correspndence that you had with us, so you can see that it was really not our fault that you had a bad experience, but it was a problem on not reading the confirmation carefully, or printing it out for your reference.

We feel bad about this situation as all we want is to have happy clients and we are not happy when it does not happen.

We are always here to help you, so let us know if there is anything we can do for you at this point,

Paul Sarfati
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

I had an amazing time during our trek to Machu Picchu. Rodrigio, our guide was a highly experienced, well prepared person with lots of knowledge about our trek as well as the culture and history of Peru and Machu Picchu. Excellent service with lots of fun! I can only recommend this tour!

Visited March 2014