1,051 results
All reviews historic hotel zona rosa telephone bar winston churchill marlon brando beautiful lobby felt safe will stay there again hotel lobby amazing hotel two blocks chapultepec park museum concierge mendoza neighborhood mexico
Reviewed 28 August 2016

Our family of 4 thoroughly enjoyed our 4- day stay at Hotel Geneve. It is a lovingly restored historic property. The scale is not grand, but the style and service certainly are. We needed two rooms, one with a king bed and one with two beds for our teenage kids. Hotel Geneve could accommodate this with rooms right across the hall and the price was really great. They have 24 hr room service, same day laundry service at very reasonable prices. All the service was first rate and the beds and linens were very nice and super comfortable.. The Zona Rosa is colorful and lively and very centrally located to museums, a $2 uber ride to La Condesa or Roma. Everything you might need (food, pharmacy, shopping, etc) is within a few blocks, including the great artisans market. There are some sex shops with colorful displays in the neighborhood, but not on the hotel's block, visitors with small children might want to keep this in mind when they walk around. I alway felt very safe in the neighborhood and we often walked around in the evening. Our family had a terrific time in the city. As we speak little Spanish, the key to our success was Uber. YOu enter the name of the site or restaurant you want to go to , and uber takes care of the rest. You dont have to worry about going to the wrong place becuase of poor communication or getting taken on an unintended, expensive "tour" of the city. We never had to wait for more than 4 minutes for an uber rider day or night. We felt like the city was our oyster - and thee seafood at Contrmar was fabulous!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Luis Felipe B, General Manager at Hotel Geneve Ciudad de Mexico, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2016

Thank you very much for this review, we feedback all Geneve colaborators regarding our guests comments, we really work for you, we take all reviews very seriously and post them in our colaborators board. We really appreciate the opportunity that you gave us to serve you. We hope to see you again in the near future

Reviewed 20 August 2016 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel many times before over the years and this time for 6 days. I've also recommended it to friends and they enjoyed it also. The hotel is well maintained and has excellent and friendly staff. Located in Zona Rosa it is convenient to transportation, sightseeing, informal restaurants, shopping, and a lively active vibe. I always enjoy myself here.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Luis Felipe B, General Manager at Hotel Geneve Ciudad de Mexico, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2016

Thank you very much for the time to write us about your stay, we have the compromise to give all our guests the best service, your feedback is very much appreciated, we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 14 August 2016

As a child in the mid-60's, I lived in this hotel for several months when my family relocated to Mexico City. It was magical. The staff let us have the run of the hotel, and the waiters would make a huge deal out of it when my parents sent us down to eat in the restaurant on our own every evening. They would escort my sister and I to a table as if we were movie stars, and serve us anything we asked for with a flourish. I recently had an opportunity to stay there again as an adult, and it was just as wonderful as I remembered. The lovely old-world feel is still there, and the staff is just as warm. They have done a beautiful job of integrating the modern amenities without sacrificing the historical nature of the hotel. Highly recommended.

Date of stay: April 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Elizabeth W
Luis Felipe B, General Manager at Hotel Geneve Ciudad de Mexico, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2016

It is for all of the Geneve colaborators a great pleasure to read about what you lived and remember as a child about the Geneve Hotel, it is also a pleasure that you decided to saty with us again and write about your memories, thank you for remember us and stay again here, you are part of the great Geneve History.

Reviewed 13 August 2016

Enjoyed the whole historic hotel ambiance. We are already planning a second trip and will stay there again. We've decided to upgrade to a junior suite as they are much larger and nicer. It's very convenient having the Sanborn's restaurant as well as the Patio restaurant in the hotel.

Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

On behalf of all Geneve colaborators let me thank you for choosing us and writting this review, be sure that we are be waiting for you on your next trip, let me know to my email lfbarrera@ostar.com.mx the dates that you are comming back and I personally block your room.

See you soon

Reviewed 8 August 2016 via mobile

I did not stay in this hotel but the very friendly staff at the front desk and bell boy showed me one room and guided us to a brief round.

The lobby is plenty of interest history and keeps the decor and ambiance of the beginning of XX century.

You can hear a registered message that president Mr. Porfirio Diaz sent to Mr. Alexander Graham Bell because he sent a sample phone!

Dresses and many interesting things and history is around that interesting hotel.

Rooms look nice and clean, restaurants offer diverse options and staff is very attentive.

Next visit to Mexico City will stay on this magical hotel.

I attach some nice pics!

Trip type: Travelled with family
Luis Felipe B, General Manager at Hotel Geneve Ciudad de Mexico, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2016

Thank you very much for taking the time to vist us, we are pleased that on your next trip you will stay with us, be sure that everything that we showed is going to make your stay a very nice experience. Thanks for this review.