We stayed here for 3 nights after a 5 week trip to see family, and have stayed in Acapulco Diamante Camino and Aeropuerto Camino, amongst others in previous trips - this is the best out of all of them. Good choice of restaurants, which although expensive are overstaffed which is always good and have a good selection of food. The room we had was lovely (apart from the stained carpet and foot poof which had yellowy patches on it) bathroom was spotless, and service was excellent. Maybe it's because we look Mexican so they like us, but we had an outstanding bellboy; friendly, helpful, smiley etc etc. My sister also got extremely ill during the night with a stomach bug (we all ate the same so perhaps not hotel food related) and promptly threw up everywhere. We phoned reception and within 2 minutes, 4 maids came in, bought in a new matress, changed the bed, left clean towels and flannels, phoned for a lovely doctor, and left. V impressive at 3am. The following day after our dramatic night, my parter and I chose to stay in and have room service for breakfast - 4 fried eggs, 2 scrambled eggs, toast, youghurt marmalade, hot chocolate, coffee and breads set us back £120!!!!!!! Maybe they have to make up for the free apples they serve in reception... a service we promptly took advantage off after the hyper expensive brekkie... Then we took a dip in the pool - all fine (various suicidal crickets floating in the water - standard) except that the hand rail and right hand side of thethat was going round the pool was covered in cement splatters, where they were re rendering the wall above and hadn't taken due precautions, and then hadn't bothered to clean up. It's a good hotel, with some nice staff, clean rooms and ok food, but not amazing value for money, and very westernised.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Camino Real Polanco is unique architectural concept, created by highly-regarded architect Ricardo Legorreta. This space is considered a Hotel-Museum for its beauty and art collection. It opened its doors to the public on July 25, 1968, combining modern features with shapes clearly reminiscent of Prehispanic pyramids, the elements of which merge together to create a wonderful architectural work. Camino Real Polanco has hosted two soccer World Cups and the Olympic Games, as well as over 210 official visits from presidents and kings from all over the world. Category 5 Stars / 4 Diamonds ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Expedia APAC, Booking.com, lastminute.com.au, Wotif.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Camino Real Polanco Mexico reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Camino Real Mexico City Hotel Mexico City
- Camino Real Hotel Mexico City
- Mexico City Camino Real
- Camino Real Polanco Mexico Mexico City