1,380 results
All reviews ricardo legorreta blue lounge chapultepec park club level polanco area big hotel room service bit dated rooms are huge restaurants and bars anthropology museum horta tamayo conference president gym concierge
Reviewed 13 November 2010

This hotel ticks the important boxes for me: clean, quiet, safe, and a good sleep.

My room was very clean and the bathroom was a pretty standard for a Western 4-star hotel.

However, a number of my colleagues have mentioned that their rooms were quite noisy with either traffic or music so I suggest that you ask for a quiet room upon check-in.

Which brings me to the next point: the check-in/check-out process takes an extraordinarily long time; hence you often see a long queue in the lobby. I'm not sure why hotels don't invest in systems to allow for a quick process because this is the second impression for guests (after the lobby).

There are plenty of restaurants and bars so you're sure to find something to your taste (and price). You can also walk out the front of the hotel; turn right; and walk about 100 meters to a convenience store but seek advice regarding safety (I felt very comfortable during the day).

If you have patience for a long check-in time (then again, you might get lucky), I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 November 2010

One of our collegues adviced us to stay here. The location is is really good, close to the main Paseo del Reforma and what is important a safe surrounding! Nevertheless, the Hotel needs some fresh air, it is rather dark in the rooms and also in the hotel. The entrance is very modern, but service further a bit difficult! We had acces to the lounge, but there it was more just a separate room whe they had a small breakfast and at night
some free drinks. Almost not visited as no people there. The Camino Suites and Club is the same hotel as the normal Camino Real. But again not worth 5 stars and for sure never a leading again, may be it once was..... Directly at the Paseo del Reforma you find more and much better Hotels like the Embassy Suites and The St Regis!

One positive thing, in the inner square they have a nice outdoor swimming pool ansd not to forget the italian restaurant inside with exellent coffee!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank Getaway802981
Reviewed 17 October 2010

This hotel, supposedly a 4 star, had the worst hotel room I have stayed in for a long time. The room stank, and so every day the maids sprayed it and all other rooms with a noxious smelling air freshener to cover the smell. The furniture was dirty and beaten up, and looked to be 20 years old. While the public areas are nice, the conference rooms are also old and smelly. Finally, the restaurants that I tried (2) are over priced and the food mediocre at best. For the money, there are much better choices in the Polanco area.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 September 2010

I was attending a week long conference with people from all over the world. First impressions when I arrived late at night and very tired were, amazing public spaces, friendly reception staff and huge wide corridors. As the week went on I found two staff in particular very helpful Victor and Ishmael who provided answers to numerous questions and gave maps and directions (perfect service). Some of the down points. Internet connection was both expensive and appalling - most of my fellow delegates had the same problems. I had cash stolen from my purse and a colleague had cash taken from his bedside table (both smallish amounts). We are both to blame for leaving the cash out of the safe however I was very upset to know that someone had rifled through my handbag. Hotel reaction was poor and handled badly. So please ensure all of your valuables go into the safe at all times! Breakfast was fantastic and the staff efficient and helpful. I used the pool in the dark every morning and it was very pleasant (the altitude meant I had trouble sleeping). Like another reviewer I had a very dark room looking onto a wall and in retrospect I really should have insisted on being moved. The hotel is in a fantastic location so do try and get out and walk as much as possible. Just such a huge city it is hard to comprehend how anyone gets around in the traffic!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 August 2010

Visited this brightly-hued "modern" hotel by starchitect Ricardo Legorreta with a tour group interested in Modern Architecture. Stayed for 7 nights. This large property is suprisingly difficult to navigate with spread-out wings and no maps. Some rooms had green courtyard views - but not mine. I got a street-side room with a view of a power pole. Opening the curtains on my dowdy patio was necessary to get some light into my unusually dark room. The room and bath (good mirrors but tepid "hot" water) were large with bright colors and wood accents. The breakfast buffet - with juices, cereals, breads and fruits - met my needs. Disappointments included:
1. street noise required closing off patio sliding door for sleeping which required
2. turning on A/C for cooling which leaked really cold water onto floor by bath entrance
3. power failure - only in closet - stranded valuables in "safe"

To their credit, hotel management tried to respond to problems 2 & 3.
I prefer a hotel where my first room doesn't require correction.

• Stayed: August 2010