1,381 results
All reviews ricardo legorreta blue lounge chapultepec park club level polanco area big hotel room service bit dated rooms are huge restaurants and bars anthropology museum horta tamayo conference president gym concierge
Reviewed 18 August 2009

I stayed during a trade show for the first time in this hotel. As the location is convenient to the show, I booked there. To me the hotel is by far too big. 700 rooms. The rooms and bathrooms are already quite old and need some renovation. If you are unlucky you get a quite noisy room. The first room I was in, then I claimed and got a quite room. The only good thing was the fast and reliable room service with good qualtiy food.
Internet WiFi is not for free, you got to pay 24h.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 August 2009

My hsband was invite me 2 days a mexico . he stay for bussiness and he choose this hotel because is very close ti his mexico's office.
I loved this hotel. very nice decorations, Big room with a nice terrace and very clean.
The service is perfect and the restaurant La huerta excelent. The breakfast (included in the price) was huge.
I hope comeback ans stay more days with my family.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 April 2009

We stayed at this hotel to unwind for a few days before continuing on a vacation that would be less relaxing and more exploring. We had stayed at this hotel in the past and we were not disappointed. The service is always excellent, the rooms, although not luxurious are elegant and are always clean and well stocked. The club rooms are especially nice because you can go get breakfast, a snack or a drink without leaving your floor. The pool and terrace are wonderful, and with 7 restaurants the choices for meals are endless.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 March 2009

I chose this hotel for a first trip to Mexico with my fiancée. Not knowing anything about the city, I deemed it to be well located for the main sights and dining and entertainment. The hotel was also on a good rate, which is why I chose an executive room, which featured larger rooms and access to the executive lounge.

Check-in was fairly trouble-free, on the 5th floor at the executive lounge. Upon check-in for the executive rooms, you get free complimentary dry-cleaning and shoe shining service, which was a welcome perk after trudging my work clothes on our holiday to Mexico and in preparation for my meetings the next day. Other perks include complimentary breakfast buffet at the lounge (somewhat small selection, but adequate) and afternoon drinks and snacks, which were very good.

The hotel itself is very interesting architecturally and has striking bars and outdoor areas. The swimming pool area is also very nice. Our room was massive, with possibly the largest bed I’ve ever seen in a hotel. The room was also quiet, and you could keep the windows open and still hear limited noise from the street. Bathroom was nice, with a good selection of toiletries.

All was going very well until the time we were returning to our room after dinner on the second nice. As we were heading towards the elevators a security guy stopped us in order to check that we were guests. Until then, I thought ok, it’s a security spot check. I gave him our room number and surname, which he found on his printout. At that point I thought he’d thank us, but no, he scanned the sheet until he found the number of guests in the room: 2, and only then did he let us go! I found this completely unacceptable as it implied he thought my fiancé might have been a prostitute. To make matters worse, as he was “questioning” us, loads of other (male) guests were walking past unchallenged. He specifically picked on us as we were a couple! This brings me to another question: is this hotel so sleazy they feel the need to check if every good looking young woman is a prostitute? I can’t see any other reason for the “random” check. The next morning I complained to the manager at the executive lounge and was given the typical “we’re doing this for your security”. Then why not check on the male guests!?

Needless to say, I’ve knocked 3 stars off on account of this otherwise good hotel. And next time I’m in Mexico I’ll look at staying in a smaller, friendlier hotel.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
3  Thank rafkam
Reviewed 27 February 2009

This was my first trip to Mexico and it was for a conference. The staff was very friendly & all spoke excellent English -- from the reception staff to the room service staff. The internet access is not free, but the rate was reasonable. Be aware though that the internet access is separate from the business center and that you will have to pay again at the center to access the internet, print, etc.

Since I was there for a conference, I can report that the hotel's catering was quite good. Normally the buffet food is a bit cold & over-steamed, but the 2 catered meals I had were fairly fresh and retained it's flavors.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled on business