Segovia Regency
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel Block Suites(Mexico City)
View Hotel
Hotel Royal Reforma(Mexico City)
Suites Amberes(Mexico City)
Hotel PF(Mexico City)
  • Fitness centre
PF Suites(Mexico City)
View Hotel
All reviewszona rosaplace to staysubway stationnice hotelfiltered waterfew blockshotel is locatedminute walkwithin walking distanceinsurgentespoliceoxxomexicointernet
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 April 2017

When looking for hotels in Mexico City, I wanted something cheap and with a great location. I don't tend to spend a large amount of money on accommodation as my requirements are security for my possessions and hot water (sometimes not even that).

This hotel had a great price, good reviews and above all - amazing location. My room was on the second floor, so I used the stairs as the elevator was older. It faced inwards, so my view was only of other rooms, but meant the room was very quiet. The room was clean, the king-sized bed was comfortable. The staff were happy to help, as I checked in at 2am and they provided me with suggestions of locations of things nearby.

The hotel is a few blocks from the Bosque de Chapultepec (and museums) and the Angel of Independence. The walk to Chapultepec Park passes my favourite street food in mexico city - "Las gorditas de sevilla". The hotel is right next to the insurgentes metro station. It's also within walking distance of the chocolate museum, arena mexico and la ciudadela market.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
3  Thank RossBlake
Reviewed 25 February 2017 via mobile

I didn't expect it to Be that nice. Location next to subway Metrobus and police parking lot. Walk to a lot of places. Only one small complaint is internet dosnt always work well in room. Super clean rooms. I'll go again

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank gwap99
Reviewed 14 February 2017

This was the first hotel in the 3-star budget category we chose to stay in during our vacation in Mexico City. In all, we stayed at three hotels, none for more than 4 days. You will have to read my review of the trip (coming up a few days from now) to understand why we opted not to stay put at one location for the entire 10 day period in Mexico City.

The Pros:
1) Great location. Just 3 mins walk from Metro Insurgentes on Line 1. As you exit Insurgentes, and come out into the open arena, take the tunnel/walkway on your extreme right, climb the few stairs, walk a few steps from there and you are into the hotel.
2) Plenty of shops, eateries, 7-Elevens, Waldos, Oxxos, liquor shops, street food vendors, all within an easy walking distance. As you exit hotel, take your left. Walk for about 3 mins until you see traffic cops. Cross over to opposite side (your right), you will see an Oxxo at the corner. Liverpool and Londres are two busy streets in that area.
3) Plenty of scenic places to sit and people-watch, including admiring the fashionable transsexuals, gays, high-heeled ladies of the night,etc. The Angel of Independence is also nearby.
4) Ice box on every floor and we really found this very convenient and something we missed at the next two hotels.
5) Cleaning staff is efficient and the place was kept very clean – even the broken bidet, the broken toilet flap, etc.
6) Fairly sizeable rooms. We were assigned to an interior facing room which had additional piece of furniture (lounge chair) but we wanted something facing the street and got ourselves re-assigned. The room was a bit smaller and minus the lounge chair.
7) Filtered water from a separate faucet.

The Cons
1) Staff at reception very unresponsive to guests not able to speak in Spanish.
2) Staff at restaurant unable to understand the simplest of orders.
3) The air-conditioning is central and cannot be adjusted. First two nights we were almost freezing. No extra blankets kept for guests’ convenience.
4) Bidet was broken. Toilet flap was broken. Water seepage from faucet bottom.
5) Hotel has party rooms and on one of the nights, the loud music kept us up in the wee hours of the morning.

If the owners of this hotel make the wise decision to upgrade or replace all their failed equipment, this hotel has the potential to become a 4-star because of its wonderful location in Insurgentes. A short course in the English language and a vigorous exercise to relax the facial muscles of the reception staff would also be to the hotel’s benefit.

Travelled in first half of Feb with my adult daughter.
The pic is the view from our room.

Room Tip: Depends on one's liking. We like to look out at the streets and if you are like us, you will choose a room facing the street.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank TrottingMaria
Reviewed 29 November 2016 via mobile

Stayed at this Hotel for 4 nights of hell. Actually this is an understatement, since the place has NO HEAT, and Hell would have felt decently warm in a Cold Mexico City at nights. Complained about the cold, and they shrugged it off like it was normal.

Their website boasts a 4 star rating for business travelers. That's an embarrassment the moment you realize that they're actually stuck in the 1950's with their decor. I'm sure it was a 4 star Hotel back then, but this is the year of 2016, and someone should notify them that things have changed out there in the real world.

I give this place a 2 star, only because they have parking in the hotel, and the real Gems are the housekeeping and doormen. The front desk guys could care less how you're doing.

I'll never stay here again.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank Marietta C
Reviewed 8 November 2016

This is a very old and poorly maintained hotel. It is literally stuck in the 70s, Even the services are outdated. The security box in the room is just a metal box that needs a lock that you get from the front desk. The Air conditioning in the room is a joke. It is just a vent with a wooden door that you open or close depending on how cool you want your room. Rooms are very small and simple, which is not a problem except for the fact that all the furniture and decor has been there for decades. In summary, this hotel is in urgent need of remodeling or at the very least maintenance.
The hotel includes parking on site (small) and a restaurant. Although it is very inexpensive, I wouldn't recommend this as for sure there are more modern and comfortable hotels in the area.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends