This was the first hotel in the 3-star budget category we chose to stay in during our vacation in Mexico City. In all, we stayed at three hotels, none for more than 4 days. You will have to read my review of the trip (coming up a few days from now) to understand why we opted not to stay put at one location for the entire 10 day period in Mexico City.
1) Great location. Just 3 mins walk from Metro Insurgentes on Line 1. As you exit Insurgentes, and come out into the open arena, take the tunnel/walkway on your extreme right, climb the few stairs, walk a few steps from there and you are into the hotel.
2) Plenty of shops, eateries, 7-Elevens, Waldos, Oxxos, liquor shops, street food vendors, all within an easy walking distance. As you exit hotel, take your left. Walk for about 3 mins until you see traffic cops. Cross over to opposite side (your right), you will see an Oxxo at the corner. Liverpool and Londres are two busy streets in that area.
3) Plenty of scenic places to sit and people-watch, including admiring the fashionable transsexuals, gays, high-heeled ladies of the night,etc. The Angel of Independence is also nearby.
4) Ice box on every floor and we really found this very convenient and something we missed at the next two hotels.
5) Cleaning staff is efficient and the place was kept very clean – even the broken bidet, the broken toilet flap, etc.
6) Fairly sizeable rooms. We were assigned to an interior facing room which had additional piece of furniture (lounge chair) but we wanted something facing the street and got ourselves re-assigned. The room was a bit smaller and minus the lounge chair.
7) Filtered water from a separate faucet.
1) Staff at reception very unresponsive to guests not able to speak in Spanish.
2) Staff at restaurant unable to understand the simplest of orders.
3) The air-conditioning is central and cannot be adjusted. First two nights we were almost freezing. No extra blankets kept for guests’ convenience.
4) Bidet was broken. Toilet flap was broken. Water seepage from faucet bottom.
5) Hotel has party rooms and on one of the nights, the loud music kept us up in the wee hours of the morning.
If the owners of this hotel make the wise decision to upgrade or replace all their failed equipment, this hotel has the potential to become a 4-star because of its wonderful location in Insurgentes. A short course in the English language and a vigorous exercise to relax the facial muscles of the reception staff would also be to the hotel’s benefit.
Travelled in first half of Feb with my adult daughter.
The pic is the view from our room.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Evoline ltd, Hotels.com, Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hooroo Pty Ltd, lastminute.com.au and Cancelon so you can book your Segovia Regency reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Segovia Regency Hotel Mexico City
- Regency Mexico City
- Regency Hotel Segovia
- Segovia Regency Mexico City