this hotel offers the promise of a boutique experience in the heart of trash/pop/glam Zona Rosa.
does it deliver?
- service: hard-working, dedicated, super-friendly and downright loveable reception and bell staff
- location: on (pink) c/amberes, just off reforma, walking distance from roma, and just a short taxi drive from condesa and centro historico, you can't get better location while retaining all the convenience of a human-scale pedestrian neighborhood (polanco, anyone?).
- happy-go-lucky, modern, positive design inspiration, always a plus in an often dreary architown like df - especially for this price
- breakfast buffet including good cereals, fresh fruits/juices and other continental staples - and all until 12 noon!
- budget! a fraction of what you would pay at condesa df or habits - although these are more beautiful they are also overpriced and snobby. they need to get some competition at least, and that is what charming valentina offers.
- breakfast is carb heavy and poor on proteins: eg it does not include any eggs, only boring ham and cheese. (lactose free options only ham). ok this is a spanish chain but international guests expect eggs for breakfast ok? mexican additions like salsa verde and refried beans would make the brekky only marginally more costly to make, but so much more satisfying and local-touch.
- isolation in the rooms is poor from the door side: you hear everything that happens in the corridor. mind you this is also a problem at other boutique hotels (especially in old buildings, like condesa df) but it should be taken care of.
- the smell of the drains is hard to bear but difficult to tackle I know (mexico city has its sewerage problems like every big city). still they should try to improve on this.
all in all a positive experience and I would definitely return, hoping the owners will read this review and solve some of the challenges to make this an even better experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Boutique Hotel in Mexico City ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Room Mate Hotels, Evoline ltd, lastminute.com.au, Expedia APAC, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Wotif.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Room Mate Valentina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Room Mate Valentina Hotel Mexico City
- Marco Polo Mexico City
- Hotel Marco Polo
- Room Mate Valentina Mexico City