“A Very BIG Surprise”

Room Mate Valentina
Ranked #31 of 313 Hotels in Mexico City
Reviewed 11 November 2011

A small Boutique facility with minimalist decor in a lively, liberal, safe neighborhood. The rooms are beautiful with bath facilities first rate. Walk out the door and walk less than a block to your left for Starbucks on the corner. From Starbucks cross Reforma to the Maris Isabella for the New York Times. Don,t try to eat here. poor food at N Y prices.
rent a beautiful Bike from Room Mate for 50 pesos a day and ride Reforma on Sundays when it is closed to vehicular traffic. They offer the best laundry service i have ever seen at reasonable prices. My undershirts were returned clean and ironed ! Ironed !
There is a circle K on the corner and a Sanborns one block further with a inside ATM.
The Room Mate offers a reasonable breakfast buffet Spanish style with no fried foods. The coffee is excellent with espresso to "Americano" coffee. The beds are very comfortable with a new feeling. The friendly staff will get you a licensed private cab at the best hotel rates around. I spent 8 days here on business and was sorry to leave. Give the Room Mate a try; you will not be disappointed. Breakfast only. Many nearby restaurants.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
valentina_direccion, Director General at Room Mate Valentina, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2011

Dear Guest:

Thank you very much for the time taken to give us your comments regarding your stay at Room Mate Valentina.
All comments from all our guests are very useful and welcome, I am glad that Room Mate Valentina made such a good impression to you. My name is Alejandro Rueda and I am the General Manager at Room Mate Valentina , and please, do not hesitate in your next visit to Mexico city to contact me.

GM @ ROOM MATE Valentina

Reviewed 26 October 2011

I love this hotel. For as little as $100 usd, you get a very modern and spacious room. It is in the heart of the city so you can walk and cab it everywhere. They also provide bikes which you can use all over town. Mexico City is after all one of the bike-friendliest cities in the globe.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends

GM @ ROOM MATE Valentina

Reviewed 20 October 2011

Super modern Mexican take on a quaint boutique hotel. Very clean, friendly and great service! The staff went above and beyond to make me and my friends comfortable! Thanks Valentina - we will surely be back!!!

Room Tip: We booked the Penthouse that connects so that the group had a "common area" to gather. It...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
valentina_direccion, Director General at Room Mate Valentina, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2011

Dear Guest:

My name is Alejandro Rueda and I am the General Manager at Room Mate Valentina , and please, do not hesitate in your next visit to Mexico city to contact me, since I would like to meet you personally and have a special attention with you.

GM@ Room Mate Valentina

Reviewed 3 September 2011

good location for the gay scene,
clean funky rooms,
friendly staff,
good price,
nice breakfast,
close to subway,
many eating options/bars handy.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Harem32
Reviewed 25 August 2011

My friends and I had 2 rooms and we only spoke English. This was not a problem because the staff was excellent and helped us with all our questions and requests. The rooms are great and we will stay again.

Room Tip: Love the Jr. Suite. Great sitting area and the bathroom was awesome.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends