“Great location, great rate, great staff!”

Hotel Century Zona Rosa Mexico
Ranked #121 of 312 Hotels in Mexico City
Reviewed 7 June 2017

I just spent a week in room #125 here and I was very happy with the room and the hotel. Each room has a private balcony with a good view and a very large bathtub with a great shower, as well and plenty hot water. The bath was a real luxury that I don't know if I'll ever see again in my lifetime. Because it's only because it's an older hotel that they have this feature at that low a rate. Of course it's not fancy like a hotel in the US, but it was refreshing to me to see that there still are places like this somewhere. It's in a wonderful neighborhood for tourists, especially gay people because of the number of gay bars and businesses so close. More police than I have ever seen in my life....cops on every corner of this neighborhood. I felt safe there night and day.I was traveling alone and I speak very little Spanish and they were very patient and helpful with this aspect of my trip. I can't say enough about the staff. They were so professional and nice to me that I may go back there soon. The Zona Rosa area had a lot of remodeling of streets, but I still loved the area. Thank you Century for a lovely stay and a very fun trip. This city is very affordable and loaded with wonderful surprises. If you go there, don't miss the pyramids!!!

Room Tip: All rooms are good
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
ReservacionesCentury, Gerencia Reservaciones y Medios Digitales at Hotel Century Zona Rosa Mexico, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2017

Dear traveler, we appreciate your kind comments, we are committed so that as you, the other travelers have this same pleasant travel experience. We will be attentive and waiting for your next visit to Mexico City to be your hosts.

Reviewed 4 May 2017 via mobile

I thought it very good value. Only downside is the noise from the street, but that is not the hotels fault. Have now travelled through a large part of Mexico, and think this hotel was definitely one of the better ones.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Lynette H
ReservacionesCentury, Gerencia Reservaciones y Medios Digitales at Hotel Century Zona Rosa Mexico, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2017

Reviewed 3 May 2017

Ok all those reviews about being an old hotel, or mediocre, or dirty, to my experience are not true. I stayed for 5 nights in a single room for $65. I got a very good room for that amount in a good location.

OLD: Yes the hotel is old, but has been renovated and it does not look old. The elevators are small and slow but who cares.

DIRTY: No, at all. My room was clean, fresh and got cleaned every day. I had room amenities, water bottles, a nice soap and shampoo, etc. The only thing that I would change is that there is no restriction on smoking on the room, so sometimes you could smell somebody smoking on the next room. Please Century, this is 2017. No smoking always.

SERVICE: I found front desk was helpful, a bit not well organized. They always said we didn't have a reservation, even when it was all paid in full. But organize it and you will have a good front desk. F&B was amazing. We got breakfast there and it was goooood. Also the service was very friendly.

LOCATION: Yes it is in the middle of zona rosa. But Zona rosa is not what you think. It is very dirty, crowded, hectic, bars yes, but not the cool ones. I found a great coffee shop 3 blocks from there. But all the other places looked old and out of date. To be honest is a good location to just arrive to sleep.

THE BAD: The wifi. Oh my God! I was in the upper floors, and I keep getting disconnected. Holy bad wifi Batman. Please fix it!!!! It was at one point inexistent. Yes it was free, but so it is the water and you work on that being clean no? so work on your wifi!!

Overall I was impressed by the hotel. A good effort to bring back a jewel of the 80s to this 2017. Just keep improving.

Room Tip: Get the upper floors because of the noise in the street.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank elviajeronopajero
ReservacionesCentury, Gerente Reservaciones y Medios Digitales at Hotel Century Zona Rosa Mexico, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2017

Dear guest, we thank you very much for your kind comments and hope to have the pleasure of being your hosts on your next trip to Mexico City,
In Mexico City by law smoking is prohibited in public or private buildings, so it is also prohibited to do it inside our facilities, we will put more emphasis on the indications to our visitors to observe this rule.
We will take your comments very seriously to improve the performance of our colleagues at the reception.
We would like to tell you that the pink area as a whole is being remodeled in order to improve its appearance for our visitors.
The internet connection can be solved by reporting to our systems department as we have three antennas per floor, however sometimes the devices do not update the connection to the nearest antenna.

Reviewed 13 April 2017 via mobile

This Century Hotel is perfectly located in Mexico City. Close to the highlights, shops, bars and restaurants. The hotel itself however is not good. First no hot water in the shower, but they solved it. The rooms are out-dated and it feels like the building can collaps in any minute. Very loudy and the beds were way too small. We booked a 'standard-room' but it felt more like a hostel. Luckily we stayed only 2 nights, otherwise I would have booked another hotel accross the street. If you are on a budget, this might be OK. If not...better take another hotel. Staff was very friendly by the way!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
ReservacionesCentury, Gerente REservaciones y Medios Digitales at Hotel Century Zona Rosa Mexico, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2017

Dear traveler, we thank you for your time to share your comments about your stay, I tell you that we are in the process of renovating our facilities, we will review the reports of the hot water problem for its immediate solution, we hope in the near future we will have the opportunity to Be your hosts again and check our progress.

Reviewed 6 March 2017

Went on a 4 day vacation to Mexico city on FEB25. The hotel is close to many things. Shopping, transportation and food. The rooms are dated. My running joke was the Century hotel from the 20th century(1970's-1980's). The rooms were clean but small. Big bathroom with a deep tub with shower faucet. TV mostly in Spanish. The wall outlets were 110v but no USB ports. I did borrow one from the front desk. Almost everybody had a little trouble with English, as I had trouble with Spanish. I saw the price was $49USDa night. Not bad at all

Room Tip: hotel on a busy street(Liverpool)bring earplugs
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
ReservacionesCentury, Gerencia Reservaciones y Medios Digitales at Hotel Century Zona Rosa Mexico, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2017

Dear guest, we thank you for your kind comments, we are working to improve our facilities, we look forward to your next visit to Mexico City and can check our progress.