“Attractive hotel in safe central area”

Marquis Reforma Hotel & Spa
Ranked #10 of 312 Hotels in Mexico City
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Moved to this hotel after an unpleasant stay only a few streets away, and am so far very impressed - the room is light and nicely decorated - spacious bathroom, nice TV, and important for me, an easy to use large safe in the room (able to hold a laptop and more). Free bottled water, fresh fruit was offered at my door, all the extras (bathrobes, slippers, even an umbrella, found in the room).
Sundays the hotel offers a good all-day brunch (with live music for the peak hours), with great service from the staff (one offered to peel my plate of fresh shrimp for me...!) and a few speciality stations, but it was more expensive than I expected.
Am yet to use the pool, but have been told it is good - it isn't clear whether this is an additional charge though, as inside the 'spa retreat' area.
There is a USD$20 charge for internet (for 24hrs), regardless of whether you choose wireless or plug-in.
I came because I got a good discounted rate, but would definitely return to this 4-star hotel.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
Write a ReviewReviews (1,454)

Reviewed 31 January 2012

I have stayed here since the day it opened its doors twenty years ago. Recently they have been upgrading the rooms, and a GREAT improvement. Great service, personable, and a sheer delight. Well located and safe.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 January 2012

The massage was good.
The food was cold so it had to be microwaved.
The jacuzzi and the sauna was satisfactory.
And I am waiting for my turn to get nail polish 40 minutes now.
What the????

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank Yune
Reviewed 10 December 2011

Everything was great including the service, food, atmosphere and location. It's no wonder this hotel is on the "Leading Hotel of the World" list. Our only problem was with the lack of an iron in our room. I just assumed there was one since the board was in the closet. I called the front desk and they said the hotel was full so no irons were left. They did offer to iron our clothes at 1/2 price and they were returned within 1 hr. I also received a iron within 2 hrs. The rooms are huge and comfortable, breakfast buffet excellent, and the lobby beautiful.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 December 2011

My husband and I returned to the Marquis once again. This time to celebrate our birthdays. After checking in and directed to our room by the bellboy, we realized that we were upgraded to a suite. Needless to say that our stay was awesome. The hotel has been renovated, and as usual the service is excellent, the location unbeatable. A very good deal for the room rates. Our daughter stayed in one of the standard rooms and was very happy with her accomodation. We ate two dinners and daily breakfast at Los Canarios. The food is excellent and reasonably expensive. Sunday brunch was lavish and outstanding. I visit Mexico City often and have tried other nearby hotels. The Marquis has gotten old, but has aged well . It is very well maintained and remains a little oasis in the middle of the bustling city. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple