All reviews gorditas wall hangings other guests high ceilings every morning the owner manager cathedral bells breakfast room rooftop terrace place to stay b and b just like home cobblestone streets breakfast burrito other travelers rooms are large beautiful room
Reviewed 2 April 2017

Great place, great location and great staff.Hugo, the owner/manager, was a wealth of information which made our stay wonderful. From must see museums to recommended places to eat and current events, Hugo made our stay 'magical' in a wonderland city.
His breakfasts were incredibly delicious, and this from a picky eater.As a host you couldn't ask for better.
And the superlatives are very well deserved as evinced by the other posters.....
Warm abrazos and besos Hugo. Hope to return in the not too far future.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Hugo A, Owner at Alma del Sol Bed & Breakfast Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2017

Muchas gracias, I love to hear from you. Such a warm note, it made my B-day very special, thank you and come and see us again, some improvements are being made to Alma del Sol so come and see what we do. Un abrazo.

Reviewed 19 March 2017

A friend recommended Alma del Sol and our only regret is that we only had one night to stay there. The B&B is unique, with high ceilings, big rooms, lovely prints (some of them made by the proprietor, who is an artist) and a great view of the church next door. It is right in the center of the action, though the thick walls block most of the street sounds. Perhaps the best feature is the proprietor, Hugo Anaya. When he had learned that my husband is a musician, he invited some friends to breakfast -- a delicious breakfast that he made himself -- since he rightly guessed we'd all be simpatico. It was a great introduction to Guanajuato, and we will definitely be back.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Hugo A, Owner at Alma del Sol Bed & Breakfast Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2017

Hola Laura, it was great meeting you both and hopefully I get to see you guys again. Remember that Guanajuato is one of the most musical towns and yes, one night is NEVER going to do justice to this wonderful city. Thank you for your warm review. Un abrazo fuerte.

Reviewed 7 February 2017 via mobile

A wonderful space and location for a fun Urban Sketching with Susan Dorf workshop. The accommodations were great and the food and atmosphere were inspiring. Hugo is delightful and very informative and helpful. You will love staying at Alma Del Sol!

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
Hugo A, Owner at Alma del Sol Bed & Breakfast Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2017

I had the best time with so many wonderful people, full of great ideas and contagious enthusiasm. I loved their visit and cannot wait for the next one! Un placer enorme.

Reviewed 5 February 2017 via mobile

Over the past few years I've stayed at various lodgings in Guanajuato and Alma del Sol is by far my favorite. The location is right in the heart of histórico centro. Hugo is a charming, warm host who graciously answers questions and takes care of every need. The B&B is an old mansion with thick adobe walls and high ceilings. Hugo's breakfasts are always delicious, creative and thoughtful. A visit to Guanajuato is enhanced by a stay at Alma del Sol.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends

Muchas gracias, I loved your visit, your company at breakfast and to see you relax and enjoy, is what makes my job easy to do and all I want to do is continue, please visit again and again and enjoy this magnificent city...

Reviewed 15 January 2017

This is a five star property for the soul. I wouldnt have enjoyed my stay in Guanajuato if it wouldnt be for the great tips and care I received from the Inn owner. Breakfast on the roof with him and other guests will remain in my memory forever. The place is situation in a great location, so its close to all the sites. I'll be back for sure

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo
Hugo A, Owner at Alma del Sol Bed & Breakfast Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2017

Thank you so much for your warm review, cannot wait to see you here again. My pleasure to host people like yourselves. And we keep on trying to get better. I am opening my new place soon so keep an eye on my site.
Buen dia.