All reviewsgorditaswall hangingsother guestshigh ceilingsevery morningthe owner managercathedral bellsbreakfast roomrooftop terraceplace to stayb and bjust like homecobblestone streetsbreakfast burritoother travelersrooms are largebeautiful room
Reviewed 21 December 2016 via mobile

The true jewel of this BNB is its host, Hugo. He is the friendliest, warmest, most helpful host I have ever come across. He serves a mean breakfast and you will have to tear yourself away from the great conversation you will inevitably be having about food, restaurants, and sites or just about anything else. The hacienda is lovely, the rooms comfortable , breakfast is delicious but what I loved the most was hanging with Hugo! Go meet him!

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Hugo A, Owner at Alma del Sol Bed & Breakfast Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2016

Thank you for such a warm note, I love all comments and more appreciation if you return or tell your friends, I truly enjoy what I do and WELCOME BACK!

Reviewed 5 December 2016

I first stayed at Alma del Sol in January of this year, for 2 weeks and recently returned with a group of 6 people for a week. Everyone loved their stay in this gorgeous 17th century hacienda, with it's high ceilings, beautiful decor, wonderful roof garden with fabulous panoramic views of Guanajuato and most importantly, its warm and charming host Hugo.

The rooms are large, beautifully decorated and immaculately clean. The beds ....... well it's like sleeping on a cloud, they're so comfortable.

The breakfast is the best I've ever had anywhere. Different every morning, fresh and delicious. Every night at 6pm Hugo hosts a fun and lively "Happy Hour" where guests get a chance to mingle and share their day's adventures over a delicious Margarita or two.

We also did a printmaking workshop with Hugo. He has a fabulous studio 5 mins walk in another hacienda, where each day we walked after breakfast. Even though my group had no art experience, Hugo is such an excellent and patient teacher, everyone felt comfortable and produced surprisingly good artworks. What a great way to travel, immersing yourself in the life of the city, learning a new skill and having a wonderful reminder to take home and show your friends.

Room Tip: My favourite room is Suzani for a single or couple or the suite India is a great option as the bedrooms are separate with a shared bathroom.
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank ArtTravelAdventures
Hugo A, Owner at Alma del Sol Bed & Breakfast Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2016

Muchas gracias, cannot wait to see you back and we can do it all over again. I very much enjoyed having such a wonderful group here, the energy and the talent was the best I have experienced in a group staying for such a short time. It seems like is never long enough of a stay.
Thank you again and again ARTTravelAdventure

Reviewed 1 November 2016 via mobile

We returned to Alma del Sol this year because we loved our stay here last year. Great location right in the center of town...easy to get everywhere, the views from the roof patio are breath taking, the rooms, lovely, decorated with care and style, everything clean, comfortable and well thought out. Hugo is a wonderful, enthusiastic host with lots of good advice of what to do with your time and the breakfasts are amazing.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank BellaBalini
Hugo A, Owner at Alma del Sol Bed & Breakfast Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2016

Thank you so much for your visit again, I cannot wait to see you back and things can only get better. It really was great seeing you again. Be well and keep eating good.

Reviewed 16 October 2016

My husband and I stayed 2 nights mid-October. There are 4 rooms here, ours faced the street and was very large with one of the more comfortable (king) beds I've ever slept on and was nicely decorated. The inn is right in the middle of the historic center, and has an incredible rooftop view. Hugo, the proprietor, is a very friendly, warm man who is happy to offer suggestions on where to eat (every place he directed us to was excellent), what to see/do and what could be skipped. He also assisted us with a flawless early-morning transition to the airport.

The included breakfast was fantastic, and we were disappointed that our early departure (4am) meant that we would miss a second chance, especially since the delicious food is served in a pretty glassed-in room on the roof deck. Also on that roof deck is another glassed in room that I can attest from personal experience, is an excellent way to while a couple of hours away with a beer from the Beer Company, a good book, and the sunset.

Things to know: the estudiante troubadours pass by on their nightly tour, and Guanajuato, being a popular tourist destination as well as a University town, is noisy much of the night. Even though the windows blocked a lot of sound, if you are a light sleeper, bring earplugs. Also, Guanajuato is challenging to drive around. We were very glad we hired a cab to take us from the bus station to the hotel as it would have been very challenging to find the right area much less the inn if we'd been driving ourselves. The inn itself has a very understated sign outside, it's not a flashy, obvious place from the outside.

Hugo and his team really made our brief stay in Guanajuato shine.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple

Muchas gracias, I hope you return and live the full experience of breakfast everyday, early flights are not that fun.
I loved your visit. Thank you again.

Reviewed 19 September 2016 via mobile

Spent one night at this charming and very tastefully furnished and decorated bed and breakfast in the heart of Guanajuato. Hugo the owner greeted me and carried my luggage right as I was exiting the cab. Exquisite breakfast at the upper terrace with a magnificent view of the city. Will definitely be back.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
Hugo A, Owner at Alma del Sol Bed & Breakfast Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2016

Thank you Gracia, you are the best! I enjoyed meeting you and to hear your stories! Cannot wait to see you again. My best wishes to you and forever grateful for the wonderful stories.
Hugo