All reviews gorditas wall hangings other guests high ceilings every morning the owner manager cathedral bells breakfast room rooftop terrace place to stay b and b just like home cobblestone streets breakfast burrito other travelers rooms are large beautiful room
Reviewed 18 June 2007

Love Alma del Sol. It's ideally located near the Jardin. The owner/manager Hugo is a delight. The breakfast is a feast (fresh fruit, coffee, milk, a hot entree, breads) and the view from the rooftop (where breakfast is served) is beautiful. My room (which was actually 2 rooms) was spacious; the bed was very comfortable; the bathroom was large and modern. There was also a coffee maker in my room that only required me to hit the on botton in order to have a fresh pot of coffee shortly after waking up. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled solo
4  Thank Gajat
Reviewed 11 January 2007

After a long journey, I arrived close to midnight at the stunning Alma del Sol. The innkeeper, Hugo, greeted me like an old friend, whisked my suitcases up the stairs and joined me in the relaxing roof lounge for a delicious margherita.

The Suzani room where I slept felt open and airy, its high ceilings providing plenty of wall space for items from the house’s impressive collection of textiles. I stepped out onto my balcony in the morning to see the Campanera church next-door and lots of activity below. There were several other guests in the sunlit dining room, where we enjoyed an unforgettable breakfast – freshly squeezed orange juice, strong coffee, a bowl of fresh fruit, and some kind of incredible egg and potato concoction topped in homemade salsa.

Hugo ate breakfast with us, directed me to an Internet café and made a few other suggestions about the day’s itinerary. I enjoyed my days of wandering through the winding streets and alleyways of Guanajuato, sunsets on the rooftop garden of Alma del Sol, then back out into the city for dinner in one of its many restaurants and bars. Alma del Sol provided all the comfort, warmth and elegance one could hope for while traveling, with none of the pretense.

• Stayed: January 2007
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
8  Thank careyes
Reviewed 5 January 2007

Alma del Sol is one of the most charming inns we have stayed in in Mexico. It is beautifully decorated and has a magical rooftop area. It is simple and not luxurious, but lovely and worth a visit in its own right. Hugo is a wonderful host, and I promised him I would write a review and just now got around to it! Guanajuato is a beautiful, very intimate, city/town. I would highly recommend this inn to those looking for simple, yet artistic, beautiful and eclectic surroundings for a few nights in the area. Hugo's other inn looked quite charming too, but it was not right in town. Oh - and the rooftop breakfast is wonderful.

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled with family
5  Thank lapaztrip
Reviewed 13 October 2006

We stayed at Alma del Sol for New Years 2005/6. We were referred to the B & B after trying to make reservations as Casa D'Espirits. Del Sol is located right in the heard of Guanajuato and is run by Hugo who is an amazing host. He mingles with his guests and even makes sensational Mexican breakfasts. The rooftop honour bar overlooks the fabulous city and is a great place to chat to other guests or just to unwind and enjoy the view. The rooms are absolutely perfect - Hugo has attended to every small detail. They are large and authentically Mexican with stunning textile decorations. Guanajuato is an amazing town and I thoroughly recommend it, and del Sol, as a destination. We still feel homesick for del Sol!

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled as a couple
8  Thank AdventurePlus
Reviewed 4 September 2006

This B and B is unusual, a small , centrally located and cozy hotel with a general manager, Hugo, who will make sure you have a good time He personally hands guests a list of the highlights in this vibrant city and will create individualized guides to the best museums and restaurants. The B and B is part of a textile exhibit that incorporates some gorgeous textiles into the decor. The breakfast is served on the rooftop with Matisse colors and a delicious and bountiful meal of fresh squeezed juice, rolls, and meat-stuffed burrito. Hugo speaks flawless English and will make sure your stay is memorable.

• Stayed: August 2006, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
8  Thank davidinNJ