“Lovely apartment in a good area.”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
WalkingBo...
South Burlington, Vermont
“Lovely apartment in a good area.”
Reviewed 16 August 2013 for a stay in July 2013
people found this review helpful

I have little to add to the other reviews. The apartment is comfortable and well equipped. The hosts are good hosts. One small example: Don went out of his way to get me to an excellent coffee purveyor and the kitchen has a good filter-drip coffee maker.

I'm 74 and in good health. The hill up to the apartment amounts to about two fairly steep blocks. This more or less "comes with the territory" in Guanajuato. Inexpensive taxis are everywhere for those who prefer not to make the climb. I walk for my exercise, so rather enjoyed it.

The bedroom is separated from the rest of the apartment by an open breezeway. If I had known, I'd have packed a light robe for morning trips to and from the shower. As some of the others have suggested, the apartment and garden areas are so nice that it can be hard to tear oneself away to get busy with being a tourist.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Lounging with a cup of good coffee.
Liked least: The street dogs--a plague in all of Mexico.
Travelling group: Solo
Your age range 65+
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
sandman42
Tucson
“Charming and cozy!”
Reviewed 7 January 2013 for a stay in January 2013
people found this review helpful

We spent two weeks in this lovely spot in wonderful Guanajuato. It was a refreshing respite from the bustle of the city. Don and his wife were very helpful. Especially enjoyed our daily walk into the city although 5 pesos for a fun bus ride hard to pass up. Agree with all the positives of the other reviewers. Sweet little garden patio area we couldn't enjoy because the town had an unusual cold spell, but this is a great place.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: location
Liked least: cold weather at night
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 65+
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
WA
Reviewed 31 August 2012 for a stay in July 2012

A romantic getaway Older travelers
MA
Reviewed 14 August 2012 for a stay in July 2012

Older travelers Rugged travelers
Management Response
14 Aug 2012
Thanks for your comments. We're glad you enjoyed your stay, but we'd like to amend what you've written about the walk to/from downtown. While about half of the 15-minute walk is gently downhill (going) or uphill (returning), the rest is perfectly flat. I myself, at age 61, enjoy this walk every day. As you mention, inexpensive taxis and buses are available for those who prefer to ride.

The bedside lighting is a fair criticism, and we've now installed new reading lamps on both sides of the bed. Thank you for calling this oversight to our attention.

We enjoyed your visit with us, and please let us know if we can serve you again.
Quebec
Reviewed 15 June 2012 for a stay in February 2012

A romantic getaway Older travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing