“Lovely hotel - service could be more professional”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Quinta Las Acacias

Quinta Las Acacias
Ranked #13 of 56 Hotels in Guanajuato
New York City, New York
“Lovely hotel - service could be more professional”
Reviewed 31 December 2010

I stayed at the Quinta Las Acacias for a week in November while studying at a nearby language school. This a comfortable hotel with a charming, old-fashioned but very well-maintained decor. My standard room was huge and super-comfortable: it had a large and very welcoming bed, a great chaise for lounging and a small desk. The room was kept spotlessly clean. My room rate included breakfast, which was very good. I was permitted to choose any entree from the menu and also received coffee, juice, fruit and bread. I also was pleased that Wifi access was included in my room rate - and the access worked consistently throughout my visit. (On the other hand, the TV is about 12". I didn't mind, but some people might so I thought I'd mention it.)

The negatives are relatively minor. First, the staff, while pleasant, do not seem very pro-active or solicitous of the guests' needs. This doesn't seem appropriate at such a high-priced hotel. Second, the hotel, while convenient for me, is about a 30 minute walk from the historic town centre, and there aren't a lot of dining options nearby. While it is easy (and cheap) to get a cab into the centre of town, it is harder to get one to go back and so sometimes it would be nice to have more dining options nearby. Third, the sound insulation (vis a vis the street outside and regarding other rooms) is poor. The hotel knows this and leaves earplugs in the room - you'll need them because there are very loud cars and trucks racketing by - and it feels like they're just on the other side of the bed. I also could hear irritating Muzak-type music playing in the dining room while I was in my room. There also was a comfortable lounge located just outside my room on the second floor - and if anyone spent any time in there, it felt like they were having a conversation in my room.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Patagonia
Reviewed 1 April 2010

We were three couples and we all had a perfect stay! The entire staff were so professional, especially Sergio who was filling in for the Manager. The food was also delicious. We would absolutely stay again!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with friends
beverly hills
Reviewed 31 March 2010

Just got back today (3-30-2010) from our second trip there and brought 2 other couples for their first trip- they LOVED it as well-
all the personnel is terrific- Sergio one of the managers seems like he is the proud owner-any request you make is answered by "of course"-Rosie another desk manager is also wonderful-
Try "Mercedes" restaurant- we ate their 2 nights in a row there at Sergio's recommendation- ever have a "pig shank" ? OMG(on Passover)- not only family owned but is located in their home overlooking this amazing city-
If you like big unfriendly hotels with no ambiance and ugly gardens than this is not the place for you!!

This is not a paid advertisement-

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
tx
Reviewed 12 March 2010

My husband and I went to Guanajuato for our anniversary and stayed at the Quinta Las Acacias. The city of Guanajuato is so beautiful and the hotel exemplifies that. We had a bottle of wine in our room upon arrival and rose petals were scattered on our bed. They were kind enough to give us what i considered to be their "best" room with a pool on our porch and beautiful views of the mountains. The service was perfect and the food was delicious. There were candles placed around our room and the jacuzzi (which was awesome). I fell in love with Guanauato a few years ago when we went there for a day trip from San Miguel. Spending four days there was a great vacation and anniversary for us and i would go back again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
Houston, TX
Reviewed 20 January 2010

This hotel is small, nice and quiet but not a great value. It is in an upscale neighborhood by the name, and a very nice park is across the street. The room and overall area was very clean and well-maintained. The hotel and grounds were decorated very nicely. The staff was pleasant. However, the bedding felt substandard for such a highly-rated hotel. The mattresses were thin any in my opinion too hard. The pillows and blanket were not good quality. I thought I was paying an average of $186/night, but when I checked out I was told that I needed to pay an additional amount for a 3rd guest, even though I discussed this beforehand with the reservationist and was told that a 3rd guest "would not be a problem". I should have been told specifically that there would be an additional charge fo the extra guest, and exactly what the amount would be. To summarize, I feel that the hotel is not a great value.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with friends