All reviews jacuzzi suite small pool restaurants within walking distance beautiful hotel three nights average hotel the main hotel small hotel street noise historic center scrabble town mexico karina taxi pesos furniture
Reviewed 23 May 2014

This hotel absolutely exceeded our expectations. It is part of a group of hotels in Mexico who have distinguished themselves as Boutique Hotels, which essentially sets them apart from others being somewhat small and offering superior services and lovely rooms and ambience. The staff were so focused on every detail but at the same time were quiet and unimposing. The restaurant on the premises is lovely, and you are served a full breakfast which is included in the room rate. The hotel is situated a bit outside of the city centre, but only about a 5 minute taxi ride away, and taxis are cheap there. We actually preferred our location to being right in town because it was quiet and located in a lovely neighbourhood with a park right across the street. Some restaurants within walking distance....lovely park across the street.

Room tip: Re fitness Center/spa.....the reviews above are inaccurate...I couldn't seem to get it to just leave those two items blank. There was a small pool, but this is not a place one should go if they are seeking a typical big pool/spa experience. It is a gorgeous hotel....lovely grounds, rooms, patios, service, etc. The idea, usually, when visiting a place such as Guanajuato, is to go for the culture and history of this city, the fact that our hotel was a wonderful place to return to each day definitely heightened our entire experience. It was such a lovely, tranquil place. The newer part of the hotel is what I would recommend. It is sort of Santa Fe like I suppose....lots of cactus, stone walkways, patios....just lovely!
Date of stay: May 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Faye C
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Part old house and part small casitas that are great suites set into the hillside it is all beautiful.
The staff could not be more accommodating with first class service/
Breakfast was excellent ( try the eggs with cheese sort of eggs benedict ) and is served in the original 1900 dining room with beautiful woodwork and stained glass. They have their own chickens so the eggs are very very fresh. You can visit the chickens too.
The location is a bit out of the central area so plan on taxis into town. However the location is right near the dam ( Olla de Presa ) and we enjoyed walking up to that area and seeing all the families enjoying the day.

Room tip: Every room is different ... the ones out back in the cactus garden area are all newer and are suites and the ones in the house itself I did not see but would guess smaller and less money
Date of stay: May 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank karengfs
Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

Well my husband and I arrived to this hotel with my dog coco, they treated her very well however the hotel is not good enough it is 4km away from downtown , the pool which is more like a big jacuzzi it is not heated , the shower it is tiny from the bufa room and I am skinny and small , there is not room service after 1030pm, they cleaned bad just did the bed I had to ask the cleaning lady to come back to tight my room as it supported to be, a lot of noise at the old's house building. So I think you could find a better hotel than this one if you want to enjoy your stay and relax in Guanajuato.

Date of stay: March 2014
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 February 2014

We were booked in here by Mexican friends and had a fabulous garden room which was clean with lovely good facilities. The hotel was very quiet during our stay which was a shame as it deserved to be busier. The staff couldn't have been more attentive or helpful during our stay and we will go back for a longer stay another time. One thing to say is if you are a light sleeper you may find traffic noise intrusive nearer the front of the hotel which is on part of the one way system which the municipalities bus drivers seem to treat as an unofficial race-track. On our second night an energetic couple were placed in the next door room and there was some noise transmission - didn't bother us much and was no more than you get in some older european hotels but if you are sensitive to these things this may not be the place for you to stay.

Room tip: Rooms in garden/patio area are quieter than those at the front.
Date of stay: February 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tonyodz
Reviewed 4 February 2014

My wife and I have been travelling a lot in Central America within the last 11 years. We decided to spend a romantic night in this so called boutique hotel. We took the MASTER SUITE and we booked the romantic package. The old hotel looked nice, but we had to find out that the Master Suite has just a queensize bed. It was called queensize. It seemed to be even samller and very short.We definitely expected to have a kingisze bed there, but we should have been asking before. An upgrade was not possible, so we just stayed there. It still seemed to be nice.

Then we found out that the romantic package consisted in "one" rose and a few rosebuds on the bed, some white candles and a minibottle of warm champagne. The wardrobe light was batterypowered and did not work. Also the internet did not work for some time and the tv had just a few working stations. We still have been in a good mood because we wanted to enjoy our romantic weekend.
Then came the included romantic dinner. The soup was not bad and we waited for the nice steak in red wine sauce. But this was absolutely terrible. We ordered medium rare and got two portions of complete overdone cutted steaks with some mashed potatos in between. This was served in a sauce that seemed to be a very sweet jam. No red wine sauce to find, no vegetables or side dish, nothing. We went to bed more or less hungry. Apart from that the turn down service was also a joke. They did not even clean the table and dirty glasses.
There is no minibar in the master suite. you can have a minicoke for 30Pesos - WARM!
Two of the candles around the whirlpool in the room stuck in broken glasses.
The breakfast was not better. The waitress came in a big wintercoat, because it was kind of cool in the breakfastroom that was so dark that you hardly could read the menue. Then the weitress spilled coffee all over my cup and plate, but she did not remove that and bring me a new one, she just stuck the dripping cup on a new plate. The coffe was very bitter and hardly drinkable. Then we had to find out that the orange juice was just cheap limonade out of a bag.
We ordered eggs and bacon and ham. They did not bring bread or butter. I had to order that extra and it was served right when I finished my breakfast.
After that we had to find out that they forgot to book us for the two in the "romantic package" included massages.
At this point we packed our stuff and left as soon as possible.

To put slippers with the hotel-logo in the room does not make a boutique hotel. We know that you cannot expect european quality in all mexican hotels and also some times some things go wrong in every hotel, but this was too much. I complained about the service and food but I did not even hear a little "sorry".

So, if you plan to stay in the lovely town of Guanajuato try to stay away from this hotel as far as you can.

Room tip: Find another hotel!
Date of stay: February 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank andres049
AppoMexico, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Quinta Las Acacias, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2014

First of all let me thank you for your time to comment on Trip Advisor. We are aware of each of your comments and are taking into account to improve and not to repeat such mistakes in the future, our entire team is aware of each of these details you mention and believe that we will take action on case. I would like to offer on their behalf and Hotel, the most sincere apology. You are very important to us and we know that an apology is not enough, we regret not being able to meet your expectations, but we hope that one day you decide to return to Quinta Las Acacias to realize that their feedback has been a great help, and we done everything to comply with the rules and details as you say, should be offered in a hotel in our category.
Thank you very much for the time you take to make your review