“Not a 4 Star Hotel”

Real Inn Guadalajara Expo
Ranked #104 of 131 Hotels in Guadalajara
Reviewed 2 November 2011

Caution! Hotwire claims this is a 4 star hotel. This is not the case. Please take note.

The Hotel in General is not bad. But there was furniture missing in the room, and other amenities missing that make it a 3-3 1/2 star hotel at best!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 28 April 2011

The Camino Real Expo is virtually across the street from the Expo Guadalajara exhibition site. That is perhaps this hotel's only good quality. It looks fine from the lobby, but the picture changes when you go to your room. Both hard and soft furnishings are worn, with wooden surfaces clearly in need of refinishing. Many of the room's lighting fixtures - including reading lamps - did not work. In the bathroom there are insufficient and greying bath towels and a total absence of wash cloths.

The big problem, however, relates to room security. The door to my room did not lock/close easily and while I recognized this early on and pulled hard to make sure that I heard the click of the lock, house keeping staff did not do so and I returned to the room twice on different days to find the door unlocked. Nothing was lost; complaints to reception helped but that offered no real guarantee.
Guests are billed for drinking water and for internet connections. The restaurant is a grim place with overpriced Italian food.

A promised electronic copy of the official factura has never turned up, despite return trips to reception to inquire. There are too many other hotels in the vicinity for anyone to make the convenience of the Camino Real's location a determining factor.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 April 2011

I had read before that one prior person had their belongings stolen, in spite of great security. My safe was broken and I got cleaned out of my Christmas money, not once but twice. I reported it and they did nothing, other than the mangaer is not around and convinintly would return the day of my departure. Then another guest reported their ipod stolen. To get to the room you need to go past security, use a magnetic key and have all the time in the world. they went trough the closet, my clothes and the borken safe. They never fixed the safe and then returned for more money. In spite of leaving my nephew in charge, they refused to review the digital tapes to see who went in and when. AVOID THIS DEN OF THIEVES. I AM THE THIRD GUEST IN A SHORT AMOUNT OF TIME. AN INSIDE JOB FOR SURE.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
5  Thank drjsanchez
Reviewed 14 January 2011

We had to sit in reception for 3 hours because no rooms were available. We went to little tour for some malls and downtown. When I back to the hotel and they give us the room, the room were so cold and the air conditioner in the first room not working, I called to recepcionist and sent a facilities tech. but he cannot repair anything, the bath was clog!!! Defininelly I call to my traveler and request a new hotel but they sent me to another room (upgrade) is a little better but the air conditioner not working well.The carpets are very worn and need to be replacing, The walls are paper thin and you can clearly hear the conversation in the room next to you, The noise from the halls could be heard all night. The blow dryer in the bathroom worked for about 30 seconds before overheating. The Comunnication center is not open also the GYM is out for repair.

In general the service and facilities of the hotel needs to be improve. I don't back again to this Hotel.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Cesar M
Reviewed 5 November 2010

We arrived at the hotel around 12:30 p.m. and were told by the front desk that we had to wait for a while because there were no rooms available at that moment. We waited at the lobby until the 2 rooms we reserved were available at around 4:30 p.m. Four hours of waiting!!! One of our colleagues took her one-and-a-half-year-old son with her on that trip. The poor little boy also had to wander around the lobby for four hours. The hotel staff didn't seem to care. They even asked us to pay fully before the rooms were available. We made a reservation for 2 rooms for 11 nights each, and the hotel required us to pay fully upon checking-in! Aren't we supposed to pay when we check out?

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
Travellers also viewed these Guadalajara hotels
0.2 km away
Fiesta Inn Guadalajara Expo
#14 of 131 in Guadalajara
0.7 km away
Hampton Inn by Hilton Guadalajara/Expo

Been to Real Inn Guadalajara Expo? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Real Inn Guadalajara Expo

Address: Avenida Mariano Otero 1326 | Col. Jardines de San Ignacio, Guadalajara 45510, Mexico (Formerly Camino Real Guadalajara Expo)
Region: Mexico > Jalisco > Guadalajara Metropolitan Area > Guadalajara
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Spa Suites Wheelchair access
#13 Spa Hotel in Guadalajara
#22 Luxury Hotel in Guadalajara
Price Range: $81 - $187 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:4 star — Real Inn Guadalajara Expo 4*
Real Inn is a new concept that provides the Grupo Real Turismo hosting business, where you can find Best Quality in service.Real Inn Guadalajara Expo is located opposite the Expo Guadalajara Convention Center, offers its facilities in a minimalist style, finding large and comfortable rooms, great flavors in foods and beverages in the restaurant located on the ground floor tiles where you can enjoy style breakfast buffet, free wireless Internet, use of business center, fitness center, meeting rooms, lounges and above all a great location that will give you the ease of travel to your destination. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Evoline ltd, Expedia APAC, lastminute.com.au, Wotif.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Real Inn Guadalajara Expo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Camino Real Guadalajara Expo Hotel Guadalajara