1,110 results
All reviews breakfast buffet is great hotel business trip room service business or pleasure hotel is modern rooms are large hotel bar steam room mini bar business hotel high floor checking in central location enjoyed my stay chardonnay lobby
Reviewed 18 June 2018

I have been spending several Weeks and Months in Guadalajara and each time I come over, I try to stay in the Riu.
Of course, the rooms are very nice, and rather large; of course the staff is friendly and welcome you warmly;
but what I really enjoy each time I stay is the incredible breakfast.

What ever you want or need, you 'll get it. This is definitively one of the best breakfast in the world.

Room Tip: Just take enough time to enjoy the gorgeous breakfast
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 May 2018

I have been traveling to Gualajara for over 2 years, and I have stay at the RIU for over 100 nights during this time, so I have became a Diamont Member. Riu it's a very good option to stay, rooms are nice and quit, the hotel have a very nice view of the city specially if you are in one of the higest floors since this is a 40 floors hotel. The restaurant it's good, but it doesn't have a lot of options ..... the price of the restaurant it's expensive, but according with other places that are in the same range.

There is an option name it crown level. Where you have access to an area that it's behind the reception. In this area you have beer, sodas, water, red wine and some appetizers and deserts. Options here are limited, but good enough to have a few minutes after work to sit and relax for a few minutes.

There are two opportunities that this hotel have;
1) The airconditioner usually have a dirty filter. So the room feels warm and you need to call the front desk so they send a maintenance person to clean it.
2) The morning buffet it's losing options; they use to have "queso de cabra" now is gone, they used to have "jamon serrano" now it's gone. .... a lot of the options have been take away in the last two years. I do have the perception that they tray to cut expenses, but at the same time the morning buffet it's losing attraction. Today the buffet it's not bad, but it's very expensive for what it's being offer.

Room Tip: buscar habitaciones de pisos superiores. Aunque estas son más caras, pero le mobiliario esta en mejores condiciones y la vista es mejor
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Manuel M
Reviewed 28 May 2018

We arrive to the Hotel by the correct check-in time, after confirming paying we were advice that the Pool area (our favorite) was going to be close Saturday due to an event they were having.
We tried to complaint but they show careless to our situation.
After letting us know that no reimbursement was possible, we decide to take advantage of the day we were and we headed to the pool.
Well... after some time, the service was finished and we were advised that the pool was closing early because the Hotel needed to start preparation for the event the following day.
I cannot add any more comments due to their lack of service, we have stayed before at the hotel and we ended paying extra this time (for no reason it was more than usual). We received no service and ended having dinner outside of the Hotel.
PLEASE BE ADVICE OF THIS IF YOU TRY TO RESERVE TIME AT THE HOTEL, IF THEY HAVE AN EVENT, THE SERVICE GOES TO NONE.

Room Tip: The higher the better
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Terry H
RiuHotelsandResorts, Online Reputation Manager at Hotel Riu Plaza Guadalajara, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2018

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for choosing our hotel once again for your holiday and for taking the time to share your experience with us.

It is disappointing to learn that this time the services offered by our hotel did not fulfil your expectations, and therefore, we kindly encourage you to contact your travel agency or our Customer Service Department only in case of direct booking via crm@riu.com for further assistance since we have not been able to track your case with the information provided.

We really hope you will give us a second chance to redeem ourselves and to demonstrate the high standards of guest service and quality that are typical at our resorts.

With our best wishes we remain,

Hotel Riu Plaza Guadalajara
Online Reputation Manager

Reviewed 9 May 2018 via mobile

For years my family and I have stayed in different Riu hotels though Mexico. This was by far the worst experience ever.
I wouldn't ever choose this hotel again had I not spoken with the Hotel Director from the Hotel during my stay.
With a reservation for 2 executive rooms with crown level I would have expected a little bit more attention and helpfulness from the staff than what I got.
1. No one to welcome you or help with the luggage at the entrance. The front desk personel completely ignores the executive line letting the regular line finish and THEN they let the executive line pass.
2. No towel, no welcoming, no explanation of any perk of crown level was given by anyone.
3. Room has exactly same amenities than the regular rooms and no "good night service" at all for the first 3 nights of a 4 night stay
4. I told I wanted to pay for both rooms in advance, and for some reason the girl just charged me one room. Which made my sister be looked out of the room having to put her own card for insurance purposes in order to get in the room while I came back to the hotel a while later, only to be told it was my fault for not telling the receptionist to charge both at the same time. When clearly I told her I would pay the total of 2 rooms
5.In pool area we had to wait around 20 minutes to get a towel since the waiters and pool buttler we asked for the towels as per the security guard instructions were more busy charging drinks. Only when I asked for their names were they fast to bring them.
After I was able to speak with the H.D I was relieved to see that finally someone was also not happy about the performance of the personel on the hotel.
For my short interaction with him and for what ia was able to talk with him I would venture to give it a shot one more time but I'm not so sure I'd do it in a near future.
One thing I have to applaud is the service given in Decapolis Restaurant. The cooks and waiters work amazing to make breakfast time feel like you are at home. Honestly I would expect to have this attitude and teamwork shown in the front desk. Kudos to all of the Decapolis team!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
RiuHotelsandResorts, Online Reputation Manager at Hotel Riu Plaza Guadalajara, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2018

Dear guest,

Thank you for your loyalty to RIU Hotels & Resorts and for taking the time to give us your constructive and valued feedback.

We were surprised to read your comments about our staff, because at RIU, we take pride in our excellent customer service as this is one of the key values of our company and our team is constantly trained to maintain optimal standards. For this reason, we will send your feedback to our management team in case these guidelines have not been adequately fulfilled at some point since for us every remark is helpful for ongoing and future staff training.

With our best wishes we remain,

Hotel Riu Plaza Guadalajara
Online Reputation Manager

Reviewed 23 April 2018 via mobile

We are having a good stay after 5 days in the Hotel and still 4 more days here in a Convention. Their breakfast is huge and getting the hotel & breakfast deal is good to avoid fussing over the charge. The service at breakfast is efficient as well as the one at your room. Their Crown Lounge is handy and well stocked with snacks or drinks or coffee anytime you please.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business