“Great Apartments”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Villa Golondrina

Back of Villa seen from Garden Terrace Suite living area
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Back of Villa seen from Garden
Terrace Suite living area
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Navigate5...
“Great Apartments”
Reviewed 16 July 2018 for a stay in April 2017

I have stayed at Villa Golondrina two times while studying Spanish at UNIVERSIDAD INTERNACIONAL (UNINTER). Jim is a wonderful host and very knowledgeable of all of Cuernavaca. Also, Pancho that takes care of cleaning the apartments is very helpful with whatever you need. The grounds are beautiful and the pool is great. I would visit again.

Your age range 65+
Management Response
16 Jul 2018
Thanks for your kind comments John. We especially value our many repeat renters. And you will find improvements every time you return. It's been a pleasure having you.
BronxBoy3...
Stanfordville, New York
“Excellent Value and Expert Owner”
Reviewed 9 July 2014 for a stay in June 2014
people found this review helpful

I was at the Villa for two weeks and stayed in two units. They were clean and comfortable.
The pool is a real plus (weather permitting). Pancho the caretaker is always there to help.
Then there is the owner Sr. Jim , he knows all the ins and outs of Cuernavaca and the surrounding area . He was always there to help . Great place....the only downside is some steps which I even managed with my gimpy knee. Great WiFi.

glenn1905
Guadalajara, Mexico
“A lovely spot and great base for exploring Cuernavaca!”
Reviewed 4 February 2014 for a stay in January 2014
person found this review helpful

I spent a week at Villa Golonrinda. It was a great spot to use as a base to visit Cuernavaca and the region. My apartment had everything I needed for meals and to hang out and relax. I like to walk, and was able to visit Centro without using a taxi. Jim Horn, the onsite owner, is a great host and offers advice on travel not only for Cuernavaca but for my other destinations in Mexico. As a travel writer, he wrote a book about Cuernavaca that he gives to guests and you can link to his blog for updates and further information. It was my first time in Cuernavaca and I will return. There is an authenticity to the place that is lacking in places frequented by tourists. My only regret. I need to work on speaking Spanish. I managed fine, but it would be a great asset (and appreciated) to converse more.

Travelling group: Solo Traveller
ochunmima...
Seattle, Washington
“A home away from home”
Reviewed 21 September 2013 for a stay in August 2013
person found this review helpful

If you want a sense of what it's like to live in one of Cuernavaca's nicest residential areas, this is a perfect choice. The studio apartments are very nicely furnished and provided me with everything I needed. Compared to other apartment rentals I've had in the past, I was impressed with how well the kitchen is equipped. I was able to make all my meals from scratch and eat much more healthily and economically than I would have if I'd had to eat all my meals in restaurants. I enjoyed being able to have coffee / meals looking out over the beautiful garden each day. The room has abundant natural light, good ventilation, and it was very clean and comfortable. It's tastefully furnished, with a small sitting area, a desk, a tv with cable connections to lots of channels, plus wireless internet. I'm a writer and found it ideal for work, because although I was often sitting inside at a desk, I felt like I was outdoors. From the large windows in the living room area, I could see lush tropical plants, flowers and trees, humming birds, butterflies, wild parrots... and mountains in the distance. There is a pool (which I seldom used because I am not a pool person, but I did like looking at it, and liked knowing it was there for my use if the mood struck.) The grounds are private and secure, the area is peaceful and quiet, but it's not isolated. The neighborhood is well located, only a block from a main street and the "rutas" (buses) or a $3 cab ride downtown. There are supermarkets, laundry mats, restaurants, banks and other businesses within walking distance (although sometimes it involves a walk up or down a steep street.) The house is located on a "privada" with 24 hour security, which is a plus. Jim in the perfect host, like a good neighbor welcoming you to the neighborhood. He's helpful and friendly, but respects your privacy and independence. Pancho, the apartment manager, is great, always ready to help with a big smile and boundless energy. I enjoyed meeting some very interesting people during my stay there. Villa Golondrina appears to attract loyal guests who return year after year, well-traveled people who prefer a home-like setting to a hotel. It's nice to have other people around, but I was never bothered by noise and never felt my privacy was being invaded because the house is laid out in a way to give everyone their own space. It was a great combination for me, providing a quiet workspace,a relaxing and beautiful setting, and a convenient location.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: the setting (beautiful house and garden)
Liked least: no complaints of any kind
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Wendy S
Oaxaca, Mexico
“Very nice, and a great location”
Reviewed 25 June 2013 for a stay in June 2013

It has been perfect for my needs during my stay. Very Pleasant accommodations, and lovely gardens. It was in a very convenient, safe and quiet location which was great.

• Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing