See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 9 August 2016 via mobile

We stay here every year & have for 8 yrs. or so. They are so good to us, quick to repair anything that needs it.
Ivan has been there working since long before we started coming. His English is perfect & always knows what's going on, where to eat or travel info .
We have also become good friends with the owner, a super nice guy.
They keep a close eye on the hotel & lock it up at late at night, but have someone right there in case someone needs in or out. I feel secure there even when I'm alone in my room or at the pool.
The pool is nice because it's right above the beach.
The sunsets are also beautiful.

Date of stay: January 2016
Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank wandas517
Reviewed 15 March 2013

We have stayed in this hotel 4 years straight, twice this year. We have a nice view. Just a short walk to town. Lots of restaurants close by.
They take very good care of us. Last year they put in a new air conditioner. They make sure we always have plenty of bottled water. They hold our room for us every year. I love the pool. It sits just over a restaurant & the beach.
I always feel safe here even when my husband is gone. It is locked up at night & during the day they keep track of whose coming in & out.
Ivan who works swing, speaks excellent English & is very helpful, as is everyone. Also everyone is very friendly.
They take such good care of us, we love it here! I would definitely recommend this place to anyone.

Date of stay: March 2013
1  Thank OR-Artist-59
Reviewed 25 January 2011

My Wife and I stayed here in January of 2011. We coundn't have been any happier. The room had everything we wanted - beach front balcony, refrigerator, AC, and safe. Room service did a fantastic job and the people at the front desk were very helpful and courteous. The pool was small but we had it to ourselves almost exclusively. It's right on the beach with La Rena Rene right below it. It was very nice to be able to walk out of the hotel and get a beer and be right on the sand. It also helped that the spoke English. When we return to Zihua, I'm sure we'll stay in the same place.

Date of stay: January 2011
2  Thank fismic81
Reviewed 8 January 2009

Having never stayed in Mexico before, speaking very little Spanish and not knowing what I was getting into, I was very pleased with Hotel Palacios! We booked it for a few days right after Christmas with not much time to spare so we weren't sure what to expect! But the room was nice with AC and a refrigerator. The bathroom was nice with "warm" water - never really got hot by any means, but you could easily take a decent shower. Did not have any problems with things being taken - everyone was very nice and accomodating. (There was a safe in the room as well where you set your own combination, so we put our passports & money in there whenever we left just to be sure.)
The hotel is right at the beach - their restaurant is literally on the beach and you can even sit at a table on the sand. Very small pool, but we weren't there for a pool so that didn't matter.
It was affordable and convenient to most things we wanted, so I was very pleased with this hotel! Would recommend to others!

Date of stay: December 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank sbrown28
Reviewed 31 August 2008

This hotel was like heaven after no A/C and climbing the miles of stairs at Catalina Beach Resort. Save your $$ and go here first. It's right on the beach. There are coffee houses and restaurants on the same street and on the beach. Don't try the fish tacos at Restaurant Rene. Taxis are handy.

The rooms are clean and fresh. We had the best room in the hotel (#118) for just $80 a day. It was large with A/C and a fridge and 2 double beds and a huge private balcony. It had a good shower with plenty of hot water. The owners are very friendly and helpful and speak English. (my Spanish is sometimes not up to par) They even did a little laundry for us the day before we left because the laundry service up the street was too busy. You will not find better.

Date of stay: May 2008