“Beautifully decorated condo with amazing bay...”
other traveller has booked this property
The grand salon with soaring palapa roof
C'est al Vie at Ensueno 10. Every room with a view. View from our living room at Sunset!
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
The grand salon with soaring palapa roof
C'est al Vie at Ensueno 10. Every room with a view.
View from our living room at Sunset!
Comfortable seating
Huge Equipale chairs in the seating are of the great room
Dining in style: onyx table
The dining area: art is everywhere. Sculpture by Michael Hackett.
El Pescado in the entry foyer. Folkart.
View from ktichen to the great room.
Farmhouse kitchen with honed granite counters
Conference table or computer center.
Bahia Vista Bedroom
The bahia Vista bedroom with tropical mahagony.
Bahia Vista Bedroom with premium DISH TV
Art in Bahia Vista: a Frida Kahlo chair!
Bali bed on the palapa covered terrace
Gorgeous onyx bath in the Bahia Vista Suite.
Indoor-outdoor shower in Bahia Vista bath.
Coco Vista bedroom
Coco Vista Bedroom with DISH TV
View from Coco Vista Bedroom..hammock!
Coco Vista Bathroom
Coco Vista onyx bathroom.
Coco Vista Palapa-covered terrace
View from our deck
The detached Piedra Suite just steps from the pool.
Piedra suite with mini fridge and coffee maker.
Piedra Sutie bath is nesteld into the bedrock
Sink lit from below. Hippest bathroom ever.
Infinity salt water pool.
The sky reflected in our salt water pool.
Pool and palapa..plenty of sun or shade!
C'est la Vie indeed. Esto es la vida.
Enjoying the view from the pool.
Steps from pool to our downstairs bedroom
Front entrance
Foyer to Ensueño 10.
Poolside palapa view
Elliptical trainer in our gym
Free weights in the Ensueno1- gym
Treadmill in the air conditioned gym
Bahia Zihuatanejo
Wedding on La Ropa
The hill leading to Ensueño 10
Horseback riding on Playa Larga
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Rissask
Saskatoon, Canada
“Beautifully decorated condo with amazing bay views!”
Reviewed 19 January 2016 for a stay in January 2016
people found this review helpful

Two other couples stayed at C'est la Vie for one week in early January with my husband and I. On arrival we were greeted by the property manager who was wonderfully helpful and friendly.

We all adored the condo- the best equipped kitchen I have ever seen in a rental, spacious, clean, and bright. The unit is wonderfully decorated with Mexican art and has a lovely deck and open air living area with fans to keep the air moving.

All three of the bedrooms have comfy king sized beds, super soft bedding, and A/C. It was very quiet at night; our first three nights we spent at a hotel down on La Ropa and it was New Years and very busy- so this was a heavenly quiet oasis to move to after that.

The views of the bay are gorgeous; of course this means it is a very steep hill up to Ensueno 10- but taxis are cheap and easy to flag one down all over town.

The staff and the neighbours were all helpful and friendly- even the complex cat (Seffy?) was friendly.

It is an easy walk to several restaurants- Jungle Pizza, Trattoria di Gianni, Il Mare, Espuma, Mi Chayito, El Manglar, La Perla, Elvira's were the ones we ate at- all great! Several more are a cheap taxi ride away downtown or in La Noria (go to Lety's for the coconut shrimp!).

We would definitely highly recommend this condo and hope to stay here again!

Travelling group: Friends
19 Jan 2016
Dear Rissask,

LOL. I have been reading your comments on TripAdvisor over the years, so I was delighted when you decided to stay with us. Our basic philosophy is that we want guests to feel as though they were 'coming home' to their own condo. We held nothing back: supplies in the kitchen pantry as well as every cook's tool that I could think of! And the reason we even bought a condo in the first place was that I yearned for a good night's sleep on comfy beds wiht great feather pillows and nice linens. We are proud of our Mexican art collection and keep adding more. Someday, we will out of space!

So, thank you! You noticed all the little and great things that we care about. We truly feel like our guests ARE our guests.

Thanks for taking the time to write a review!

Kind regards, Harriet
issaqtrav
Seattle area
“Way Kool”
Reviewed 10 January 2016 for a stay in December 2015

We (family of 4---- mom, dad and 2 teenagers) stayed at "C'est La Vie" for 1 week around Christmas 2015.

I would say the place --- Zihua, condo complex and condo were all excellent. And of course Harriet (the owner) was very helpful and kind. So was the property manager, Lynda...in fact she was so nice that we had drinks with her later at another place we were staying.

Everything is as described and pictured and we would recommend this wholeheartedly to anyone.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
10 Jan 2016
Dear issaqtrav-
Thank you for staying with us. We are truly blessed to have Lynda as our manager: she goes out of her way to put guests at their ease. We love our slice of paradise, and love helping other folks enjoy it as well!
Harriet
suzetrave...
victoria, bc
“Our little Shangri-La.”
Reviewed 4 January 2016 for a stay in December 2015
person found this review helpful

This was a first for me for booking online vacation accommodations.. I was somewhat hesitant, having read numerous reviews usually included in title " Vacations Gone Bad / Holiday House from Hell" .. We decided to bounce to Zihua for a change, Collectively we were a group of 5, two couples and a single. I was sold- Hook, line and sinker on C'est la Vie - From my first soft enquiry.... Harriet Garfinkle ( owner extraordinaire ) was the best! Any query was timely answered, and I mean timely.... which was so appreciated. Our motley crew was in desperate need of a week of down time, C'est la Vie was well.. our little Shangri-La.

We were promptly welcomed by Lynda, Harriet's right hand gal on the ground. Lynda was a very engaging woman who gave us a comprehensive low down of the condo and property. Lynda let us know if there were any problems or queries to drop her a text.. which we did have around day 5, it was nothing major but she handled it efficiently.. and timely!

The condo and complex exceeds all expectations... and I mean all expectations ! Outside of the WOW factor of the view, what I was most impressed with were the little touches.... the treasures that I discovered each new day. An eclectic collection of retablo's in one room, the grouping of Oxacan black pottery, a selection of travel books, dictionaries and board games... a BOSE player..Colourful Frida and Che bags to use when grocery shopping.. Hidden bathroom cabinets that were well stocked....'Lux bed linens, with embroidered bed runners and matching pillows. And the kitchen...Well, if it was winter I would easily hibernate here for the season ! It's a kitchen to definitely entertain in, an all important block of great knifes, gorgeous large bowls for salads and platters for serving appy's on. We stopped and picked up a few days of supplies upon our arrival, I figured we would roll in and find a bare fridge and pantry. Nope, nadda, no way... Most welcoming was finding a fully stocked pantry, with spices and staples and a fridge with a door full of condiments and a variety of hot sauces. The fridge was stocked with cold beer, fresh juice, pop and limes ... there was 1/3 of a bottle of tequila on the counter. I asked Lynda what we should do with the booze.. she said " Enjoy"... We restocked prior to leaving.. In keeping the Good Vibe of Passing it Forward!

The condo is listed as 3 bedrooms, 2 of the bedrooms are suites in size and appointment. They face the deck which runs the length of the condo, each room has a sweet outdoor niche for kicking back, one a day bed and the other a well constructed hammock. The rooms have sliding screens as well as louvres doors which was an added plus, with side windows that provided a nice cross breeze. The 3rd bedroom is separately located below the condo, adjacent to the infinity pool. This room is considerably smaller than the other 2 rooms. If this condo is booked for 3 couples this could be be a stickler....This room does have a wall mounted TV as well.

Access to the condo... Definitely not as much a problem as I thought. Yes there are steps... but it is manageable.. it is a covered concrete stairwell with landings,.. and it's climate controlled. If security is a concern, No worries.. We found the 24 hour security to be top drawer. The access from the main road to the condo is another story. We were trying to figure out what the grade would be for this little stretch of roadway... collectively we decided about 37%, ha ha... I loved it.. ran or walked it 3-4 times a day.. all others in our party cabbed it.

Location of C'est la Vie was spot on, for us, close to La Ropa. Taxis are plentiful.. fares are regulated, cheap as borscht. Our vacation time was short and sweet,We were a group of folks with different interests, For me, location to warm water was all I needed.. I walked down to La Ropa every day, swam, paddle boarded.. and let sand gravity take its hold! Others in our party taxied to Centro or took advantage of local excursions.

Would we book again at C'est la Vie.. in a heartbeat!

Suze

Travelling group: Friends
Friends getaway
4 Jan 2016
Omigod, Suze! You make me want to be a guest on our own condo! That is the most delightful review that I have EVER read! I love your chatty, down to earth style! I am so tickled that you noticed all the special touches. I do go out of my way to make sure that the condo is as welcoming as possible. Nothing is more depressing than just wanting a dab of mustard and finding a bare fridge! Well, there might be other things, but it feels crummy to not have the necessities stocked and ready for guests.I love collecting Mexican art and artifacts and I love sharing them with other folks. I know a lot of owners hide their 'treasures' away, but we like to share them with other like-minded folks. I also REALLY love your pay-it-forward attitude. PLEASE come stay with us again. Please! I feel like I have a new friend. Kind regards, Harriet
920mindil
Hillsboro, Oregon
“Lovely!!!”
Reviewed 26 October 2015 for a stay in October 2015

Harriet's condo overlooking Playa La Ropa bay is amazing. Her decor is charming and the accommodations are beyond perfect. We loved the infinity pool and spent one day just lounging at home vs going to the beach or shopping. We also loved the close proximity to the beach, easy walking distance. As noted by other guests, the hill back up is steep (can't have spectacular views without it) but a taxi ride is cheap and always available. Having a washer and dryer in the condo was key for us as we were traveling with our 13 month old. I can't say enough good things about this place. Office Manager, Lynda, was so great, she really made you feel at ease and always, always available for anything she can do to help make your stay enjoyable. My son had a heat reaction and she offered to take us to her pediatrician. Beyond thankful to have her as a resource. We are already planning our next trip next year, over the holidays though, not the rainy season :)

Liked best: Love Zihua! Great people
Liked least: Humidity :)
Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 35-49
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
26 Oct 2015
Thank you Mindi for taking the time to write a review. And you forgot to say that you narrowly missed Hurricane Patricia by having your flight out grounded. What an adventure traveling with a 13 month old, is eh? We were so happy that we had so much toddler stuff available for you: portacrib and child 'barrier' for the terrace. I hope that made things a bit easier. We also adore lYnda: we are so lucky to have her.You were terrific guests. Thank you so much for staying with us and please do return next year.
Janzoon
Oakland, California
“You will never want to leave!”
Reviewed 24 July 2015 for a stay in July 2015

From the moment you enter this Casa you will feel right at home - so much so that you will never want to leave. You will find yourself mentally exploring all options to extend your stay. The Casa is beautifully furnished and offers a full kitchen, king sized beds, and lovely, relaxing waterfall showers. The owner is gracious and helpful, the rental manager goes out of her way to make you feel comfortable, and the other staff is helpful and efficient. Located a short walk from La Ropa beach, this Casa allows you the freedom to explore yet is so comfortable you won't want to leave it at all.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: That the owners was so easy to work with and the rental manager was so helpful.
Liked least: That our stay was too short.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 50-64
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing