“Best Fish Ceviche!”

Ranked #37 of 328 Restaurants in Zihuatanejo
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 16 November 2016

We walked down Playa La Ropa last night, and dined at El Manglar. The margs were very good, always a good sign. Dined on the Fish Ceviche (Lime), the best we've tasted in a long time. Calmari very tasty and then their special salad. A very friendly place with good service. Definitely will be going there again before we head north. By the way we did see a croc on the way out.......I thought it was a piece of wood! Yikes!

There are newer reviews for El Manglar

Reviewed 29 September 2016

My husband had the fish roll and I had the octopus, we were so pleased with our meals that we went back 3 nights later!!

Reviewed 14 September 2016

We walked down La Ropa Beach and decided to eat a bit of lunch at El Manglar. While we did not see any crocodiles in the preserve in which the restaurant is located) while on the premises, but the food and its presentation were subperb. We had delicious tititas and blackened tuna and were impressed far beyond the very ordinary setting. The service was well-received and we loved the outing as the food was great, the ambiance was simply a beachfront lunch, and the cost was minimal. We look forward to returning to El Manglar (Crocodile)

Reviewed 30 August 2016

We had a meal at El Manglar and it was the best of our entire trip. Our service was probably the best I've ever experienced too, anywhere! Our waiter was Martin and ranks up there with Four Seasons in his excellence! Wonderful English too! My husband had tuna, I had shrimp. We enjoyed guac for an appetizer and I can't wait to return. We sat in an area where you can spot crocodiles and that was beyond amazing. You are in no way in any danger, please know that. There were a couple of baby cranes and I am still worried about them. Their nest was right over the crocs! Hopefully next trip to Zihua they will be there, and well.

Reviewed 22 July 2016

Based on Tripadvisor reviews we went of a mission to find this place...and its not all that difficult to find; essentially south end of the beach, almost at the end, look for the sign and little bride, and you're there. We were there late afternoon and it was peaceful, quiet, and with the breeze off the ocean very relaxing. Not crocs, but we watch a bunch of iguanas climbing around in the trees. Oh the food? Great seafood, my wife had the spiced tuna and couldn't stop talking about how great it was. I had the mahi-mahi and it was delicious....appetizers, cocktails, and main dishes, don't recall the total but do recall thinking now this is a bargain. Well worth the time to find Me Manglar.