All reviewspiece of paradisebeachfront restaurantclose to the airportperfect escapevirgin beachinfinity plunge poola short taxi ridethe penthouseoctopusprivate beachmaresalmaunitsmariesergioodordisconnected
Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

While in Zihuatanejo, We went to the beachfront restaurant with the kids. My 11 year old confessed it was the best hamburger of this entire

We also had the daily special: mahi mahi and chili riano that was spectacular.

The staff was top notch

The beach was also amazing we had it to ourselves

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Claudia A, Experience Team at Marea Beachfront Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2018

Chris, I'm glad you and your family had a great trip to Zihuatanejo. I'm happy to hear your soon and you liked our food, I will let Chef Alan and his team know about it.

Next time you're in Zihuatanejo make sure to come to Marea to say hi, we would love to see you again!

Thank you for the nice review and compliments.

Reviewed 7 March 2018

The staff, the grounds, the rooms....oh and the view, make Marea a beautiful vacation destination. The isolated location is part of the draw and those that want the city vibe can certainly be "centro Zihua" in 17 minutes. Units available vary in size, we had a 2 bed/2 bath -Unit A4, great views, the afternoon breeze kept temps in check. We spent the previous 2 weeks around La Rope, Madera and we appreciated the natural a/c. Great food from the imaginative chefs and service with a smile from every single encounter with all staff. One in particular, Sergio.....we have known him since 2008, so glad he has chosen to move on and do what he does best, interact. Again, thanks Jason, Rosenda and all your staff

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank fishseattle
Claudia A, Experience Team at Marea Beachfront Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2018

We are always happy to read our guests feedback about their stay with us and it is very rewarding to the team to know that they have delivered the best hospitality. We are happy to hear you enjoyed the gorgeous view and your room.
Thank you for taking the time to write this lovely review.

We do hope you will return very soon so that again you may enjoy our resort and our hospitality!

Reviewed 5 March 2018

From the moment you check in you are welcomed like you are family. This is a very small, 25 villa resort (Will begin expanding in April 2018) along an almost deserted beach. If you want to unwind and leave any & all troubles behind, this is the place. Our villa in the E bldg was the closest to the beach, with a spectacular view of waves & sunset. Although the restaurant is small, the food is some of the best we've ever had while traveling. The cooks are creative and the dinner was very gourmet. Above all the beauty & charm of Marea is the wonderful staff. Andreas, Jason, Marie, Mauricio, Jesus and the rest go above & beyond to make your stay memorable. We look forward to coming to visit again in the near future. Thank you for making our honeymoon so wonderful!

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Claudia A, Experience Team at Marea Beachfront Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2018

It is a delight to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us during your recent visit to our resort to celebrate your honeymoon and enjoyed your villa, the view, and the food! Also, We are truly proud to know that it was the professional and dedicated team we have whom had perfected your experience with the impeccable service they deliver. Thank you for extending your compliments to our team with special mention to Andres, Jason, Marie, Mauricio and Jesus.

Hope to warmly welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 4 March 2018

While it is hard to describe the vibe and the experience adequately, I will do my best. First of all, everything about this vacation and these villas was incredible, relaxing, beautiful and ranks as one of the best vacations ever. My husband and I travel multiple times a year to Mexico and this is hands down the best place we have ever experienced and we really enjoy nice places. The service is phenomenal. Sergio, was super, personable, and just an all around great guy. Don't get me wrong, everyone of the staff at Marea is the best of the best. By the end of the first day the staff all know your name, where you are from and they become family. I have never experienced such a sense of community on a vacation. This is not the place to go for wild parties, this is where you go to relax, unwind, and simply be. The beach was incredible, we walked for miles every day and rarely ran into more than 2 people on our journey. The balcony, plunge pool and the infinity pools are all refreshing and fun. This is paradise and we will be back. I want to share this incredible experience with all of my friends and family, yet there is a big part of me that wants to keep this little gem all to myself!

Room Tip: 2nd or 3rd floor Villas have incredible views
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you Stacey for taking the time to share your experience with us.

Your feedback is very valuable to us and encourage us to continue working diligently to ensure that our guests live the best experience. We're so happy that you found it to be "Paradise Found" and most enjoyed the service, your room and the pool.

You are a Marean now, you are part of our family and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 20 February 2018

I have a stressful life, most of us do and sometimes it's hard to unwind. With that said, I am writing this review to say how easy it was to relax and rest. It's so peaceful and beautiful, dolphins playing along the shore. I live in So Cal so seeing dolphins was not that new to me but seeing them playing along the shore really should describe the atmosphere of this remote and peaceful fishing village. We also saw so many whales which we thought was super cool but the staff just shrugged because to them it was an everyday occurrence. Speaking of the staff, they were great. Jesus, Marie and Mauricio at the front were always very accomodating and patient especially when I was booking our fishing trip and many town visits. Then there was Jesus and Pedro in the restaurant and bar, those guys made my trip so much better not just because of the daily happy hour with 2 for 1 drinks :) but they were fun and personable and made me feel a part of their familia. I loved the food here, at the restaurant and especially the chili relleno, wow, just wow for all the meals we had here. I did go into town, which I recommend either to Zihuas Las Ropas or Las Gatas beaches for some on the beach $20 massages or the shore restaurants but then also into town for some street food and music. Such a lively night seen too. The other option is heading 10 minutes down to Barra De Potosi, super cheap drinks ($1 beers) and really affordable food but it's all cash only. The ocean is warmer there too. Over all, I had a very restful and relaxing week. I highly recommend. Not sure if I will bring my four kids here but I will be back for myself.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Claudia A, Experience Team at Marea Beachfront Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2018

Thank you Helen so much for sharing such a positive review about your recent stay with us.

We are delighted to read you enjoyed your stay and particularly your compliments about the quality of our food and service. I will share your comments with Jesus, Mauricio and Pedro so that they also can feel that the great work we do every day generates satisfaction and well-being in our guests.

Thank you again for these comments. The entire team is looking forward to welcome you again in the near future.