“Attentive and friendly staff”
Review of La Sirena Gorda

La Sirena Gorda
Ranked #23 of 246 Restaurants in Zihuatanejo
Price range: USD 0 - USD 20
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We came here with high expectations based on reviews we’ve read. Unfortunately we were disappointed. We were here for breakfast but maybe other items are better. We ordered eggs with tortilla chips which sounded similar to chilaquiles. It wasn’t. It was still good, but not what we were hoping for. We asked for their French toast with cream cheese and blackberries, but they didn’t have it. So we ordered the banana pecan pancakes. Now these were surprisingly delicious.

It’s a cute restaurant with a very attentive and friendly staff. Temper expectations or maybe try a meal other than breakfast.

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed 18 February 2018

The statue of the 'big' mermaid lured us into here for a cold drink and snack. The atmosphere is nice and there is lots of mermaid artwork to admire. Staff were very friendly and the fish tacos so tasty!

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 9 January 2018

When I saw the name of this place, I knew I had to eat there. I adore the fat mermaid art throughout, and I only wish the store would have been open so I could have brought some mermaids home.

We started with some shrimp aguachile, which was heavy on lime and light on chiles. They did not have any lobster or red snapper that day. Pastor pescador tacos were super dry. I had shrimp and steak tacos, which mostly just tasted like fish. Unremarkable.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 6 January 2018

We go at least two-three times during our two weeks in the Z. Location is fun- right by fish boats and pier..

Date of visit: January 2018
1  Thank nomadVancouver
Reviewed 28 December 2017 via mobile

Pastor Fish tacos here are a classic. Not to miss. I tried the Sirena tacos (fish fillet with beans) and they were really tasty, as well as the smoked fish tacos. Some orders come with 2 or 3 tacos, but you may order single portions so that you can try different styles (or share with the rest of your party)
Relaxed place for dinner near the fisherman’s beach.

Date of visit: December 2017