“Romantic Christmas Day Dinner”
Review of Cafe des Artistes

Cafe des Artistes
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe des Artistes is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 1,163 Restaurants in Puerto Vallarta
Price range: USD 25 - USD 60
Cuisines: International
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Between Josefa Ortiz de Dominguez and Leona Vicario
Description: Place in and old house at downtown Puerto Vallarta, Café des Artistes, with 27 years of experience, offers exclusiveness, elegance and comfort in outstanding natural surroundings, that are adorn by the exquisite menu; carefully created under the direction of the acclaimed Chef Thierry Blouet. “At Café des Artistes, every dish is an art-masterpiece, and every art masterpiece feeds the spirit” -Mexican writer Carlos Fuentes-
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Perhaps one of the best known dining experiences in PV be sure to ask for the garden terrace during the season from November through April while it is still cool and comfortable. This lushl jungle landscaped multilevel eating area only enhances the five star food that comes out of the kitchen from the fabulous Michelin Top rated and awarded chef. Each and every delicious plate is a work of art! PRICEY by PV standards - dinner for 2 with a bottle of wine and tax and tip is $150+ But CRAZY CHEAP by USA STANDARDS due to 18 pesos to the US dollar and sooo worth the culonary experience !

Cafe_des_Artistes, Public Relations Manager at Cafe des Artistes, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2018

Thank you very much for your kind review and rating. We are proud to represent the gourmet tradition of Puerto Vallarta for over 27 years, and add to that the great location and beautiful and different sittings Cafe des Artists has to offer. Come back soon!

Write a ReviewReviews (4,500)

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We celebrated our 30th anniversary in an upscale restaurant. Although we had asked for the garden like other reviews good luck. We we situated in an area where no one was and the restaurant was 20 percent full at 8pm. Our waiter was very nice and attentive and looked after us throughout the evening. Our apps were very good and entrees spot on and very tasty. My lamb was nicely cooked although much less food than what I am used too. My wife's meal was very good as well. Dessert presentation was very nice and all in all a nice night out.

Thank you for celebrating your 30th wedding anniversary with us. We are glad to know you had a memorable dining experience and that you enjoyed of our characteristic service and great food. Come back for more unforgettable dining experiences at the house of the gourmet tradition of Puerto Vallarta.

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Loved the restaurant and the ambience. There were 8 of us last night for dinner. We ate outside on an incredibly lush terraced patio which had water features and wonderful chirping noises from the various birds flying around. Most of us partook in the “chef tasting” menu which were smaller versions of the full size menu options. The chef tasting menu consisted of 6 courses. You had the option of wine pairing if you so desired. There was nothing I didn’t like and definitely did not go hungry. I didn’t have the gross feeling from over eating either. It’s not an inexpensive restaurant but its totally worth it. The service was incredible. They were very attentive without hovering! We will definitely go back and encourage others to experience it too!

Thank you for your kind review and rating. We are happy to know you had a memorable dining experience at our beautiful garden. Thank you for recommending our 6 course Chef's Tasting menu. Come visit us on your next trip to Puerto Vallarta.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

I visited Cafe de Artistes with my kids and grandkids in late March. We had eight very nice meals. The place is a bit of a wonder - feels like your eating in the middle of the jungle under a waterfall.

Thank you for visiting! We had a great time serving your group! We are glad you had a meaningful dining experience, come back soon!

Reviewed 4 April 2018

I always come here, year after year, and have never been disappointed, until this year. Usually the waiter tells you everything that is on your plate - and I like that - I want to know everything I am eating as the plating is always delightful. But this time the plates were slapped down with no explanation whatsoever. When I took some bread from the basket (always lovely breads provided) I found a long black hair in the basket - so I discreetly called over the waiter and told him. He promptly took away the basket - but never brought another one back, and I received no apology whatsoever...he didn't even look like it mattered! The food was very good, but not over the moon amazing like usual. Considering our meal cost us over $400 I was so disappointed. I just cannot give them a good review this time. It seems to me like maybe management and chef has changed??? This experience was just not the usual fantastic amazing dinner. Not sure I will return.

Dear guest, on behalf of Chef Thierry, I'd like to offer you a since apology for the inconvenience of your last experience. Satisfying our guests needs and expectations are our main priority, the feedback our guests provide are always taken in consideration, we will work hard to prevent this kind of situations from happening again. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you again and ameliorate your dining experience, please contact us directly on your next reservation and mention this review.