“Chef Tasting”
Review of Cafe des Artistes

Cafe des Artistes
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe des Artistes is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 1,163 Restaurants in Puerto Vallarta
Price range: USD 25 - USD 60
Cuisines: International
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Between Josefa Ortiz de Dominguez and Leona Vicario
Description: Place in and old house at downtown Puerto Vallarta, Café des Artistes, with 27 years of experience, offers exclusiveness, elegance and comfort in outstanding natural surroundings, that are adorn by the exquisite menu; carefully created under the direction of the acclaimed Chef Thierry Blouet. “At Café des Artistes, every dish is an art-masterpiece, and every art masterpiece feeds the spirit” -Mexican writer Carlos Fuentes-
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Loved the restaurant and the ambience. There were 8 of us last night for dinner. We ate outside on an incredibly lush terraced patio which had water features and wonderful chirping noises from the various birds flying around. Most of us partook in the “chef tasting” menu which were smaller versions of the full size menu options. The chef tasting menu consisted of 6 courses. You had the option of wine pairing if you so desired. There was nothing I didn’t like and definitely did not go hungry. I didn’t have the gross feeling from over eating either. It’s not an inexpensive restaurant but its totally worth it. The service was incredible. They were very attentive without hovering! We will definitely go back and encourage others to experience it too!

Cafe_des_Artistes, Public Relations Manager at Cafe des Artistes, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2018

Thank you for your kind review and rating. We are happy to know you had a memorable dining experience at our beautiful garden. Thank you for recommending our 6 course Chef's Tasting menu. Come visit us on your next trip to Puerto Vallarta.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,500)

Reviewed 4 April 2018

I visited Cafe de Artistes with my kids and grandkids in late March. We had eight very nice meals. The place is a bit of a wonder - feels like your eating in the middle of the jungle under a waterfall.

Thank you for visiting! We had a great time serving your group! We are glad you had a meaningful dining experience, come back soon!

Reviewed 4 April 2018

I always come here, year after year, and have never been disappointed, until this year. Usually the waiter tells you everything that is on your plate - and I like that - I want to know everything I am eating as the plating is always delightful. But this time the plates were slapped down with no explanation whatsoever. When I took some bread from the basket (always lovely breads provided) I found a long black hair in the basket - so I discreetly called over the waiter and told him. He promptly took away the basket - but never brought another one back, and I received no apology whatsoever...he didn't even look like it mattered! The food was very good, but not over the moon amazing like usual. Considering our meal cost us over $400 I was so disappointed. I just cannot give them a good review this time. It seems to me like maybe management and chef has changed??? This experience was just not the usual fantastic amazing dinner. Not sure I will return.

Dear guest, on behalf of Chef Thierry, I'd like to offer you a since apology for the inconvenience of your last experience. Satisfying our guests needs and expectations are our main priority, the feedback our guests provide are always taken in consideration, we will work hard to prevent this kind of situations from happening again. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you again and ameliorate your dining experience, please contact us directly on your next reservation and mention this review.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

We walked up to Cafe des Artistes and it was very plain on the outside...and then we walked inside and went "Wow!" The inside was beautiful! And then they took us to our table outside in the garden area and it was amazing! Loved it! The food was wonderful! And the service was impeccable. Our servers, Alexis and Luis Enrique were attentive and made our experience extra special. A very nice wine list and a great menu! We were celebrating our anniversary and would definitely recommend Cafe des Artistes for a special occasion!

Thank you for celebrating your wedding anniversary at Cafe des Artistes. We are thrilled to know you had a wonderful dining experience at our beautiful Garden. We look forward to your next visit! Come back soon!

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Plan ahead on this restaurant....booked it 2 months in advance. You’ll see when you walk in why. Book the garden room, setting is stunning. We sat on the roof patio under a tree that had to of been 300-400 years old, very cool. Atmosphere is a 10. We were lucky enough to be served by Giovanni, and his crew. Great attitude, fun and the food was fabulous. Did the Chefs Choice and it’s a 6 course meal that will leave you satisfied. This has special occasion written all over it....cheers!

Thank you for your recommendation and review. We are glad to know you enjoyed of our magical garden siting, our "Chef's Tasting" 6 course menu and of our great and characteristic service, come back soon to the house of the gourmet tradition of Puerto Vallarta.