“The BEST Coffee in Puerto Vallarta”
Review of Cafe Ore Verde

Cafe Ore Verde
Description: Coffee roaster for over 20 years - using locally sourced beans from surrounding hills - providing freshly roasted beans and ground (to your specifications) by the kilo and serving espresso drinks to your liking.
Reviewed 10 March 2017

Cafe Oro Verde is a hidden gem in the hustle and bustle of Puerto Vallarta! I'm from Seattle and consider myself a coffee snob so when someone told me about the "best coffee in Puerto Vallarta" I had to check it out. This coffee is so fresh and pure, it's roasted directly in the back and hand poured in the front. Truly farm to table! I've never had better coffee in my life. Also - the Mocha was DIVINE!

Reviewed 8 March 2017

Took a little bit of time, but found this unbelievable coffee shop, thanks to TripAdvisor. I was lucky to sit down with the owner, Wen, who speaks very good English, share a cup of coffee and treat, and talk about a myriad of subjects. What a super nice guy and GREAT FRESH COFFEE ! I purchased several pounds for myself and friends to bring home. I love my coffee, and this is so goooood ! If you visit PVR, this is a must place to find. Keep your eyes open, as it is just a very small storefront, but you must find it !

Reviewed 6 March 2017

I went into a non-descript cafe along a less-beaten path on Puerto Vallarta's Colombia St, Cafe Oro Verde. There, owner and coffee roaster Wenceslao made up my double cafe latte and proceeded to discuss music, singing, an artists life, and also produced two hand made south American guitars, singing and playing both in what amounted to a casual mini concert. I joined in , with cafe, and my quick stop turned into 1.5 hours of local culture and true delight. He sells roast by the kilo and this is a good place to search out for coffee culture.

Reviewed 3 March 2017

This cafe has been run by Wences Aguirre for the past 20 years or so- in one location or another around PV. Wen roasts his own coffee and sells it in bulk or by the cup- either way it is the best coffee you will find in the area- or maybe anywhere. This is enough to get you to find the cafe, but as much as the coffee, it is essential to meet Wen and get to know him. He is a remarkable man and one you will want to know and count as a friend.
Go to Cafe Oro Verde- NOW!

1  Thank yummyrib
Reviewed 27 January 2017

While not easy to find, this place is worth the effort. The owner knows everything about coffee, roasting it right there. A very interesting fellow. We drink decaf, which is a problem. Mostly it is processed using chemicals and inferior beans. The ideal is a gentle water process. This year, Oro Verde had water-processed decaf, so we bought a kilo to take home with us (course ground for cold brewing, dark roast). He doesn’t ship coffee due to the expense to the customer. You’ve got to come here and get it yourself. I wasn’t real pleased with the type of chocolate in my mocha (too much sugar), so I would stick to others brews. I can only give four stars because five require a better location and more upscale seating area. However, the coffee itself is fully five stars and it's a wonderful, funky experience.