All reviews abandoned hotel mexican families walking distance to the malecon close to downtown adult pool all inclusive deal bus stop mexican hotel whale watching hamburger bedroom suite time share presentation lobby bar mexican food beach vendors a great vacation pool side
Reviewed 31 March 2018

Yes they are working next door but it just blends in unless you get focussed on it and let it get to you. It was not that bad at all. The place is nice and perfect for down to earth folks like ourselves. If you are high maintenance traveller this may not be for you so dig deeper into your wallet and meet up with Barbie and Ken somewhere else. This hotel is right near a grocery store and the bus route so location is great. The hotel is very clean and the food is great and has some very good dishes and some "what the heck it that dishes" to try. The food was always hot in the steamers and kept to temperature. The staff was always willing to help right from arrival. A big shout out to Bertha and Andrea at the front desk for their help with well anything, Naive the omelet Chef who made perfect fresh cooked eggs ect with a very welcoming smile, Ernesto and Samuel waiters who are very attentive and work hard and Flourentino the food services manager who is on constant watch to make sure your dinning experience is top notch. The rest of the staff along with those mentioned made our stay perfect at this property.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
7  Thank j s
Hotel_Costa_Club_, Atención a Clientes at Costa Club Punta Arena, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

We appreciate the time given to share your unforgettable experience at Hotel Costa Club Punta Arena. For all our staff mentioned, it is very pleasing to confirm that the service provided was to your satisfaction.

Receive cordial greetings, we wait for you again.

Reviewed 25 March 2018

First of all, even though I was aware that construction is underway, and sound of jack hammmer goes on from 9 to about 4 daily, I was assured that construction was only next door, not at this hotel....Lies!!! Stayed in new building, first floor directly above buffet restaurant, and construction is going on right in and around that building. Constant daily sound of hammering. Then, at night, BLARING television coming from security room downstairs....had to sleep with earplugs. Not impressed.
Food was good, and plentiful. Fresh papayas, watermelons, salads, fish, all nicely prepared . Not sure what kind of meat is used for hamburgers down at snack-bar though. Not sure it’s beef....
Resort is clean, beach chairs available, and staff overall very attentive.
Short 15 minute walk to downtown, or you can take a bus right outside of resort.Big grocery store just one block over. Overall, you get what you pay for, ok, if you don’t mind constant construction noise during the day.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank skygirlCalgary

Thank you very much for your comments. In Hotel Costa Club Punta Arena, category 3 stars, our commitment is to provide an excellent service and facilities for which, the renovations have been continuous throughout the year. However, the remodelings are only scheduled during daytime work hours.

We wish to have the privilege of serving you again and be once again witness to our constant improvements. Best regards.

Reviewed 23 March 2018

My first trip to Mexico was with a bit of scepticism, being I usually go to Cuba (Where I sort of know what to expect).
But I managed to get a Last Minute all inclusive deal with Air Canada Vacations (at a Cuba type price).
From the minute I got to Puerto Vallarta, I was a bit overwhelmed with all of it. But the minute I walked into the grounds of The Costa Club, I knew I had found a sanctuary.
The resort has a couple of dozen 3 & 4 Story, charming Spanish style stucco & terra cotta villas & a 6 Story Hotel tower. The lay out of the resort is sort of like a quaint little village.
The Mexican owner takes enormous pride in his resort & it shows!, The staff is always available, landscaping, cleaning, painting, repairing, cooking, whatever it takes.
The place is spotless. The food is fairly good & varied.
The Hotel itself is on the edge of the Old City, between the Mega Store & The Sheraton, but seems like an isolated Oasis, far removed from everything.

This is a FAMILY RESORT, although there is a separate Pool & sunbathing area that is Adult Only.
There were numerous Mexican Families at the resort, but, I have never met such polite & well behaved children !, Mexican parents seem to adore their children & lavish attention & time on them.
The ONLY Bad Behaviour was displayed by a bunch of Menopausal Cougars, from Western Canada, who couldn't seem to control their alcohol consumption or their few remaining Hormones.
There is construction going on at 2 Beach Front Towers, but it's easy to ignore, besides, it's near the Snack Bar, by the Beach. I would go there to feed the friendliest wild Iguana's imaginable !!!, It seems like the iguana family has been on an all inclusive holiday for many years !
For me, this was a Great Vacation, but as beautiful as Puerto Vallarta is, it's Not a real bargain paradise The city is surrounded by beautiful lush green mountains, The Beaches are good, but can't compete with the beauty of some Caribbean destinations.
In the end, The Costa Club can be a beautiful holiday, if the price is right.
NO Regrets.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
5  Thank CubaCrazyPaul

Thank you very much for describing your unforgettable stay at Hotel Costa Club Punta Arena, it is very pleasant to know that your vacation in Puerto Vallarta became magical inside our facilities, next to Mexican families and enjoying the warm service provided by our Staff.

We wish to have the privilege of having you again with us. Have a good day!

Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

I have been going to Costa Club resort for about 9 years and have enjoyed it every time. This year was different because I went alone. I went January16 to Febrary 9. I had one of the New rooms and it was so comfortable and quiet I had the best sleep ever. The resort is small and you get to know the employees and even the managers. The new restaurant is great with a new menu, I think there is something for everyone food wise. I love breakfast in the forum the cooks knows what you like and how you like it. The waiters especially Pablo are wonderful,as soon as he sees me coming he has my coffee on the table and toast to. The lunch buffet is good, but if you want something different there is the beach snack bar. I enjoyed dinner in the buffet because everything is good and fresh. The location is perfect because you can walk everywhere. The grounds are kept in perfect shape so lush and green with lots of colourful colours. I recommend this resort for anyone looking for value for your money because the prices are great. I have met so many people from all across Canada and the USA that also makes my trip so memorable. There is a bit of noise from the construction but that is unavoidable, they are making many changes and upgrading to make the resort more beautiful. So I will be heading back again next year to my favorite spo

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends

Thank you very much for your appreciable and excellent comment. For all the staff of Hotel Costa Club Punta Arena it is always a pleasure to welcome you in this your second home. It has been a real privilege to have your presence throughout these 9 consecutive years and we wish to have the fortune to continue serving you for many more years.

Our best wishes, always.

Reviewed 18 March 2018

This is a budget property at the lower end of the scale for all inclusive resorts in Puerto Vallarta but, having said that, the value for the price I paid on a one week package with Air Canada Vacations could not be complained about. I had an enjoyable stay in tower 12 in one of the remodeled rooms above the restaurant. The room was large with new bathroom, basic fixtures and fittings and a balcony overlooking the pool area. Housekeeping was excellent and overall cleanliness throughout the resort was notable. All staff were very attentive specially when tipped. Food at the restaurant was surprisingly good and of course typically Mexican. At the snack bar however the burgers were gruesome and food handling hygiene looked to be questionable.

I really enjoyed the location in walking distance to the Malecon and the downtown area. The beach in front of the resort is bit rockier than those to the north but nothing too bothersome and anyway it it just a short stroll along the beach to less rocky areas.

The biggest negative for me was the unfinished high rise concrete structure towering over the resort pool area and blocking most of the ocean view. It took away from the whole setting of the Costa Club. Not their fault of course and nothing they can do about it. With regard to the jack hammering going on it was fairly intermittent when I was there and therefore not overly annoying.

Overall I found the resort to be quite acceptable and I would not hesitate to go again, at the right price of course.

Room tip: Tower 12 has the newer remodeled rooms and overlooks the pool. I was in 1205.
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank Arthur Donald F

Hotel Costa Club Punta Arena thanks you for the time taken to describe your experience with us. We wish that your next stay will very soon and discover the new areas of improvement offered to all our guests, which we assure you will make your holidays even better.

Best regards. Come back soon!