“lovely place to hang”

A Page in the Sun
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Reviewed 3 February 2018

I visited Page in the Sun every morning after Zumba class in the park! Delicious coffee, good breakfast, and the cinnamon buns ar reputed to be the best in all PV! I never had one because they were always sold out by the time I got there. I also "purchased" a number of books, and resold them after reading them. very cool idea. Friend of mine takes Spanish classes there too!

1  Thank DebD222

Reviewed 3 February 2018

There is a serious lack of coffee shops in Zona Romantica. For this reason, and the very cute outdoor seating and love seats inside, I WANT to like a Page in the Sun. But sadly, I can't say I really enjoy anything at Page and the Sun.

As a cafe one might think quality coffee would be front and center. There is coffee, but I have found it to either be bland or burnt, unless you get it so hot it is undrinkable. The food also falls consistently flat, from the muffins to the plates everything is under seasoned and lacking anything special.

I love the idea behind this cafe because I love to read and I love coffee - seems like a win, win. Even when I go for mediocre coffee, enjoying the atmosphere is a toss up. Sometimes it is charming and comfortable. Other times there are masses of chain smokers posted at the seats outside who don't even consider that disgusting smoke is wafting throughout the cafe.

Servers here are hit or miss. I have had my drink order messed up a couple times, and the poor servers and baristas looked totally overwhelmed. Other times everything I order is correct and the servers are friendly.

Overall, this is my desperation coffee shop. I come here because I live close by, but I go knowing the coffee and food I get will be little better than the swill at Oxxo.

1  Thank Derrick M
apageinthesuncafe, Gerente at A Page in the Sun, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2018

Hello Derrick,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We’re sorry we didn't fulfill your expectations. We have taken notes of all the aspects we can improve now and into the future, so rest assured we are committed to improving our processes and services to offer the best experience and products possible. We are currently analyzing how we can solve the second-hand smoke issue so our clientele - smokers and non-smokers - can enjoy their time at A Page in the Sun. We expect to make changes soon.
We will also work with our staff to make sure they always provide the expected level of service to our regular and new customers; we see our collaborators as an important part of the APITS experience and will provide them with the tools and support they need to offer an impeccable service.
We hope to see you again to provide the experience you expect and deserve.

Reviewed 30 January 2018

Great location right beside the main park bordering the romantic zone. Large in ventory of books where yo can get credit for read ones get anew one and get half credit when you return. They make good coffee too

1  Thank rssrob
Reviewed 26 January 2018

English book stores are very hard to find, and this one is pretty much the only option in PV. With that said, they have a large variety of fiction used books, mostly paperback. The lighting in the store is not so good, so sometimes it is hard to see the titles further back in the store. They serve great cakes and fresh squeezed juices and sandwiches as well. Great location, good selection of older used books, and nice snacks. The staff are very nice but not too helpful.

1  Thank Yvonne R
Reviewed 25 December 2017

This is truly a treasure just off the Malecon in Zona Romantica. The serve a great green juice. The coffee and treats are great, as are the salads and sandwiches. And best of all they allow the use of their wifi and you can sit and read to your heart's content.. I love this place. The staff is wonderful.

1  Thank BC_Cardinal