3,584 results
All reviews preferred club carnival buffet healing hands entertainment team swim up bar kids club coco cafe explorers club barefoot grill french restaurant dress code preferred building ocean view turn down service unlimited vacation club kids pool beautiful resort
Reviewed 6 October 2015

I love to travel and this is the first hotel that has made me want to write a review on here. Mexico was my 42nd country visited and the place I chose to spend my 30th birthday. We (party of 10) chose Puerto Vallarta to relax as the last destination of our trip and spent weeks researching resorts as none of us had ever been there before.

We arrived at dusk and were wowed by the view straight away. The property and its views are breathtaking, Throughout the week I was constantly stopping to take yet another photo. The rooms were wonderful - we were in a Preferred Club Suite with Jacuzzi on the balcony on the fifth floor. It was immaculate and the amenities were more than we could ask for.

Although the resort was magnificent, I would never normally gush about accommodation as I am doing with Now Amber. The reason for it are the people - the employees truly made our stay magical.

My birthday was half way through our stay and my friends advised the staff at the restaurant we ate for dinner and I received a cake at the end with my name drawn on it and everyone had champagne. We all booked spa services (truly amazing!) on the day and without asking the staff brought me another cake with happy birthday and my name on it. The most special part of the day however had to be my birthday breakfast at Carnival restaurant.

My friends, without me knowing, asked the resort if they could set up the table with balloons and streamers for my birthday - the staff apparently told them that they would do it. When I arrived, my friends were waiting outside the restaurant and had me walk in first. I was greeted with the incredible restaurant staff taking photos, and singing Happy Birthday! The table was decorated with balloons and streamers and a pinata. I of course received another Happy Birthday cake with my name on it as well! Martin, Carnival's Restaurant Manager and his team - Omar, Pedro, Anahi, Maria, Roberto and all the others were fantastic on the day but also every other day - friendly, helpful and caring. We were so sad to say goodbye to them all on the last day - I even shed a tear after all the hugs!

I also want to thank the Entertainment staff at Now Amber who always said hi, had a chat and got us involved in activities (water volleyball, water aerobics and zumba). Days by the pool wouldn't have been the same Octavio, Humberto, Mara, Alejandro and Axel. A special mention to Octavio for getting us involved in all the activities mentioned above and always stopping to chat with us, especially going out of his way on the last day to say goodbye.

But it wasn't just these staff members who made the stay perfect, everyone from the waiters in the restaurants, bars and by the pool to the check in staff and the preferred club staff were friendly and helpful.

I wouldn't hesitate staying at Now Amber again or recommending it to anyone who is going. There are so many places in this world to see and it's not often I choose to return to a place I have already been to but the staff at Now Amber have already got me planning another Mexican adventure.

Maria

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
3  Thank Maria K
Cesar V, Social Media Coordinator e-Concierge at Now Amber Puerto Vallarta, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2015

Dear Maria k

Many thanks for taking the time to leave your kind words and wonderfull comments about Now Amber Puerto Vallarta.
We were delighted that you’ve enjoyed all the details we take pride in offering our guests. As are our regular practice, we’ve been happy to share your lovely remarks to our team who take so much pride in ensuring that all of our guests only receive the very best in service. Our F&B staff will be so happy to read your marvelous lines of them as the entertainment satff. Thank you so much
We look forward to have the pleasure of having you back home in the near future.

Cordially,

Reviewed 6 October 2015

I have yet to make the trip to Now Amber, therefore, this review is not for the resort itself, rather, it is focused on the incompetent booking process that NOW Amber utilizes (and all NOW resorts, I believe). While I was led to believe I was booking directly with NOW, their reservations team has farmed out my reservation to a third party booking system which has, surprise surprise, gone down 3 days before my departure. I need to make a change to my reservation due to a family illness, and rather than a simple call to address the change (again, which I expected given I was told I was booking with the hotel directly), I must now WAIT until this third party company's system is back running. Meanwhile, as we all know with each passing minute change fees only increase! I have not even stepped foot on the plane to my "vacation" and already I am annoyed, stressed, disappointed and will never visit a NOW resort EVER AGAIN, regardless how my experience turns out. It's a shame that something so simple as customer service is not taken seriously by this company.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
6  Thank ItsTheLittleThings6
Cesar V, Social Media Coordinator & eConcierge at Now Amber Puerto Vallarta, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2015

Dear ItsTheLittleThings6,

We appreciate you have reach us through this mean to let us know about your current situation. We regret to know that you are now experiencing a family illness, we wish the soon recovery of your family member soon. Please trust that your experience at our resort for you and your family will be as pleasant as you’ve imagined when you first book. As we will do our best to provide you a memorable experience.

Our Reservations department will gladly assist you, please reach us at reservations.sevpv@secretsresorts.com or dial our resort number directly +52 322 226 2900 ext. 7930 so our Reservation’s Manager can help you personally.

We look forward to hear from you soon, and also hosting you and your family at your home away from home.

Sunny regards,

Reviewed 5 October 2015

We have just returned a week ago after a two week stay. We were welcomed with a cold flannel , and a cocktail. We stayed on the Now side . 10th floor room 2062 . Beautiful view over the bay . All rooms appear to have a sea view. The lobby bar is a great place to sit of an evening. All the bar staff are excellent , but one particular lady 'Rosa' made our holiday. The management need to recognise how hard their staff all work to make us feel welcome. We travelled with Thomson/first choice. The rep Agrita , I must admit managed to mess up our 3for 2 trips up . Then wasn't available when I tried to speak with her. That was nothing to do with the hotel. Found her pretty useless. All the restaurants were first class. Because of low season they did shut the carnival buffet at night which a lot of people were moaning about . We still managed to find sufficient excellent food .
It was great to get up at leisure and not have to fight for a sun lounger every day , we had a choice of up to twenty each. Pool bar was adequate , swimming pool was like getting in a bath every day.
The entertainment staff were all excellent and a good laugh. Pool waiters were all very attentive. We had a great stay and would not hesitate to return. For us personally would definitely go at the same time of year. Every day was in the 90's . A big Hi to Rosa

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Debbie K
Reviewed 4 October 2015 via mobile

We love the facilities, they have a lot of fun activities for adults and kids as well, food is delicious, they have a superb restaurant crew, i would like to make a special mention to david from castaways for his excellent service. The only setback is that the waiters at the pool are extremely slow

Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Lynn L
Reviewed 4 October 2015

We stayed at the Now Amber Resort in September. We were celebrating a birthday and were greeted with a banner on the door, balloons, and champagne for two :) There was plenty of variety in terms of food if you do not have kids and choose to visit the restaurants on the Secrets side. The French restaurant was very beautiful and the food was great! The breakfast buffet had good food, and the waiting service and omelette/pancake chefs were pleasant and brightened our mornings. The only suggestion I have regarding food is for more selection at lunch (However, it was low season so this may be why the selection wasn't more plentiful. We still enjoyed the food at Castaways for lunch and room service). Coco cafe was really nice for speciality coffees, sandwiches or a light pastry.

Wifi service was good throughout the resort.

The most impressive part of the resort was all of the staff, who were all excellent! Everyone was very friendly and were happy to assist us during our stay. Enrique of the entertainment team was particularly wonderful. When we requested to watch the Sunday NFL football games, he was very helpful in setting it all up. It was great to watch the games on the projector at Desires with food and drink in hand.

The pools and pool service were excellent. All of the servers by the pool are very nice and attentive. The only recommendation I would make is to have more/louder music playing by the pools. It was really nice not to have to check towels in and out. We were happy that we did not have to wear wrist bands or make reservations at the a la carte restaurants which some resorts require. We also really enjoyed the massage treatments at the resort spa.

We were on a high level with beautiful views of the ocean and pool area.

Overall, this was a beautiful resort, with staff who really go above and beyond to make your vacation relaxing and special.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple