“Amazing Location. Budget Friendly. Love the...”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Peichels
Fort Saskatchewan, Canada
“Amazing Location. Budget Friendly. Love the Rooftop Pool!”
Reviewed 30 April 2018 for a stay in March 2018

The condo was in a great central location! So many restaurants, and shops all within a four block radius. The condo was large and clean, very Mexican authentic decor. Cleaning service daily. Large kitchen, everything you will need. Beach/Pool towels in the chest in the master bedroom. Lots of closet space and very large washrooms. Comfortable sofa and chairs. Large Dining Room.
Beds were typical Mexican beds, not plush, but not bad. The bedroom air conditioning units worked well to keep the condo cool. Loved that there was Netflix to watch a movie in the evening. The owners were wonderful to rent from. They responded very quickly when we emailed them. The pool on the rooftop is fantastic! Lots of chairs, and the washrooms were very clean!
The security guards/consierge at the front was very helpful. Do not hesitate to ask them anything! They know what a cab should cost to just about anywhere!
The enclosed patio area has a nice table and chairs and was nice to have an outdoor space attached to the condo. However, this is where my personal negatives come in. As the condos are Non-Smoking, guests and owners have to leave the building to smoke. Not everyone goes for a walk, and some were smoking right on the sidewalk outside our outdoor area. We had to go inside the condo several times as the cigarette smoke smell was so strong. The side street on the Master bedroom/enclosed patios side is a pretty busy street. There are a few vendor stands, and the parking area was always full. At night we were woken to loud vehicles, loud music from vehicles, and dogs barking. I think this is just because the unit is on the ground floor. If you are a not a light sleeper you will be fine, but if you are a light sleeper, this side of the unit is not for you. The other inside bedroom was much quieter. My only other recommendation is to ensure that ALL of your food is kept in containers or in the fridge. As to be expected with a ground floor unit, we had a mouse in the condo that got into a few coffee pouches and chocolates that we had left on the counter.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
8 May 2018
Thanks for the nice review! As for the mouse, this is the first time we’ve had a mouse in 20 years! You should have let us know! I was there right after you and we caught it the first day and closed up the hole. The administration office thinks they’re coming out because of all the construction that’s been going on nearby and are going to keep on top of it. :)
choiralto...
Sammamish, Washington
“Fun with friends in PV!”
Reviewed 21 April 2018 for a stay in April 2018
person found this review helpful

Enjoyed a comfortable stay on the first floor of an authentic PV style beach front condo building. I appreciated the 24 hour security attended front desk allowing me inside and outside. My view on the veranda faced another condos beautiful palm tree grove and door to beach walk time is about one minute! It was incredibly easy to work with Leslie to arrange my accommodations and my time in PV this April was so fun! Trip 2 was as wonderful as my first time staying at her condo!

ngaudet
Newmarket
“Vista del Sol”
Reviewed 20 March 2018 for a stay in March 2018
person found this review helpful

The site is great, near the beach. The roof top pool is salt water and warm with a fantastic view of the bay. Tha appartement is spacious, 2 large bedrooms and 2 bathrooms.
The only drawbacks: the appartment is near the front entrance in front of the elevator so noisy. People arrive and chat. The apartment needs a bit of upgrading, kitchen and bathrooms.

gayle6769
Victoria, Canada
“Great Location Right on the Beach”
Reviewed 31 January 2018 for a stay in January 2018
person found this review helpful

We stayed at Vista del Sol in Leslie and Michael's unit for a week and it was great. Right on the beach in the heart of Old Town. The condo is on the first floor so no need to take the elevator. Our balcony faced the side street and not a great view but it was still nice to sit out there in the fresh air. The unit itself is very large with a fully stocked kitchen, nice dining room and living room area. Loved the two oversized living room chairs, they were so comfy. The bedrooms were both large with king size beds. The master bedroom had a huge tiled tub in the bathroom which I loved. I think the only complaint we had was the master bedroom air conditioner. The bedroom got warm at night so we needed the air on and it was noisy and kind of annoying. But the A/C unit is older so if a new one could be installed it would be a lot quieter. Nice pool up on the roof too which we only got to use once since we were out and about in PV most days.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Hatfield...
Aberdeen, Washington
“Wonderful Staff and Condo! Beach?.....meh”
Reviewed 16 November 2017 for a stay in October 2017
person found this review helpful

We've been going to Puerto Vallarta for about 30 years. This was our first time at the Vista Del Sol.

We stayed in a downstairs unit. The unit was charming, two king suites basically so the 4 of us had our privacy while still sharing a unit, meals, and the experience of PV.

The positives:
You can't beat the price. For a bit more than $800, 4 adults stayed on the beach in Mexico, in a beautiful old world charming, clean spacious Condo with Netflix and games and books and everything you could want. Air conditioning in the bedrooms worked great. Not so much air in the rest of the house but who stays inside in Mexico?

Daily maid service from a lovely lady named Jaquie who I wish we could take home with us.
A guarded door was attended all day and night to let us in and out of the facilities.They also call taxi for you, and give a bit of advice on where to go and do this or that. We got perhaps better advice from other folks in the pool. It seems there are a lot of people who come to his location year after year, and they were a wealth of suggestions for restaurants etc.
The pool was actually wonderful . The roof has a view of the city and the beach if you peek over the safety wall. Bathrooms and shower up by the pool were always spotless and there are plenty of chairs. Sometimes we were the only one's up there.
We spent a great deal of time in the pool as opposed to the beach, with our make your own margaritas.
Plenty of dishes and supplies to make a delicious breakfast. We struggled to find a grocery store but eventually we took a taxi to Walmart (apparently there were stores much closer but we didn't know. Stocked up like crazy and were able to eat/drink like celebrities.
View.... as she told us before we booked, this isn't a unit to book for the view. Higher units have better views and some are more updated.
We however liked the old world charm. Deep bathtub, hand held shower. AND TWO full baths...again privacy!
Owners: Matter of fact and quickly responsive to any requests or questions. Easy financial transaction. Shockingly no damage deposit.
Near ALLLLLL KINDDDDDS OF DELICIOUSSSSSSS restaurants! Seafood, street tacos, guac, lobster, steak, what's your poison? Because there is everything and I mean everything in walking distance. We ate everything from tacos for a very few pesos to lobster for a lot more. ASK people. They'll give you the good the bad and the ugly for where to eat, drink, etc.
We had massages in our room, for a ridiculous price of 500 pesos.
Walked down the Malecon and had fish assistance for a pedicure for a bit of nothing.
Easy to take the blue bus to the glass factory or shopping downtown at the upscale department store where prices on Macy's quality stuff is ridiculous. (less than $100 US for my new Coach glasses) at Lans (sp).
Wonderful barber a few blocks away (in air conditioned space) took an hour for what was a spa-like experience for our naked headed friend's head and face shave.
Pharmacia within walking.
And of course there are OXXO stores on every corner just about. (i'd buy your coffee elsewhere though).

The less exciting parts:
I won't say this was our best trip. I really enjoyed experimenting with the different restaurants and so forth and I'd stay in a condo again but....

Normally I love the vendors at the resorts. These on the Malecon seemed a bit more aggressive and a lot of offers of "weed" and "pipes'. Maybe they see more people and don't remember you as well because they didn't seem to respond to my usual "hey on Wednesday I'm buying what I need, today I'm just enjoying the sun".
The beach though pretty to look at ...was NOT a place I could easily swim. We got pretty cut up right there in front of the Condo, so my dream of heading out to swim in the ocean every morning was squashed. You can swim down the beach though. That's about a five min walk. The fellas enjoyed jumping off the bridge into the water down that way too. But the beach is one of my favorite things about PV, so I really felt disappointed about not being able to bob in the waves with my floaty cup. Especially since the beach is literally right out your door.

Thankfully the pool was close and so ...we spent a lot of time there.

I would recommend this to a friend who needs a budget friendly getaway that doesn't appear to be the bargain it is. But I'd be really clear about the sharp rocks and serious waves that pull ya off balance.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing