“Good A/C and Great Coffee”
Review of Big Kahuna

Big Kahuna
Description: In the old town section of Puerto Vallarta. Saw comments on this place in the forum. Best Latte and best smoothies EVER.
Reviewed 26 September 2016

This is a nice little place a block from from the beach with good deserts and really nice coffee, and in September, good A/C. Carolina has a great smile and attitude! Thanks!

Reviewed 13 August 2016

A very small coffee/dessert shop that makes a really nice coffee. They have nice and tasty baked goods and do sandwiches and smoothies.

Reviewed 6 July 2016

We live near this delightful corner cafe. It is our favorite evening stop for coffee and great cheesecakes. Also the apple pie is yummy. You can sit outside and people watch.
Inside the chairs are comfy and handy restroom. The staff is welcoming and provides great service. Add this to your PV Romantic Zone spots to relax.

Reviewed 21 June 2016

Though not as popular as some of the other coffeehouses in a three-block range, The Big Kahuna has moved to the top of my list for late-night coffee. I tried it first in June 2013, and though I liked the coffee, I was not happy with a (long-gone) employee there.
After ignoring this place for the next several trips, this June I thought I would give it another try. I was traveling with a group of people, and one of them is definitely a fan of "coffee and dessert after dinner," and this place was very close to where we had dinner, so I thought "why not?"
Glad we did. The coffee was excellent. The piece of pie I shared was very very tasty. I later went back and bought a bag of their coffee to bring back to the States.
Even though it doesn't get the evening crowds of a couple of other coffee places right down the street on Olas Altas, I believe their offerings are of better quality.
Note: Table service ends at 10:30 pm, but to-go orders can be had until 11:00 pm.

Reviewed 31 March 2016

We stopped by the Big Kahuna for a cup of coffee and stayed to visit with local characters and enjoy a piece of delicious cake.