“Great little place!”
Review of Big Kahuna

Big Kahuna
Description: In the old town section of Puerto Vallarta. Saw comments on this place in the forum. Best Latte and best smoothies EVER.
Reviewed 21 June 2016

Though not as popular as some of the other coffeehouses in a three-block range, The Big Kahuna has moved to the top of my list for late-night coffee. I tried it first in June 2013, and though I liked the coffee, I was not happy with a (long-gone) employee there.
After ignoring this place for the next several trips, this June I thought I would give it another try. I was traveling with a group of people, and one of them is definitely a fan of "coffee and dessert after dinner," and this place was very close to where we had dinner, so I thought "why not?"
Glad we did. The coffee was excellent. The piece of pie I shared was very very tasty. I later went back and bought a bag of their coffee to bring back to the States.
Even though it doesn't get the evening crowds of a couple of other coffee places right down the street on Olas Altas, I believe their offerings are of better quality.
Note: Table service ends at 10:30 pm, but to-go orders can be had until 11:00 pm.

Date of visit: June 2016

Reviewed 31 March 2016

We stopped by the Big Kahuna for a cup of coffee and stayed to visit with local characters and enjoy a piece of delicious cake.

Date of visit: March 2016
Reviewed 26 February 2016

I stop by the Big Kahuna almost every late morning for a mocha frap to sip on while reading by the pool. Always friendly and affordable and simply delicious fraps!

Date of visit: March 2015
Reviewed 14 December 2015

I am not a coffee drinker, but I did watch my wife consume two or three cups of coffee each day for the 11 days we were in Puerto Vallarta. She claims this is the best coffee in Puerto Vallarta and maybe the world.

Date of visit: December 2015
Reviewed 5 December 2015

They have great coffee and all sorts of cakes, muffins, bagels etc.
I relay like their lattes but the iced coffees are great as well.

Date of visit: August 2015