4,213 results
All reviews kids club climbing wall rifle shooting lobby bar italian restaurant bunk beds nightly shows hot dogs family resort garden view a la carte restaurants all inclusives musty smell marina area great family vacation ocean front french fries
Reviewed 23 June 2015

Our room was spacious. Staff were fantastic. My two boys age 5 & 9 especially loved the turn down service because chocolates were left next to their stuffed animals nightly. Nancy who is the Director of the kids club was creative with the daily activities. Her staff, did an amazing job entertaining all age groups. This was our first vacation with a kids club and they made us feel totally comfortable. Our boys wanted to go to the club daily. The flintstone characters cane out for the kids to greet. Breakfast with Dino was a hit! Restaurant staff was attentive. The main restaurant was buffet and there was something for everyone. The evening show were great. Take bug spray. This was our second trip to this property. We chose it primarily for the kids club.

Room Tip: Beach view room are much better than garden view.
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
Guest E, Gerente at Melia Puerto Vallarta All Inclusive, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2015

We do sincerely appreciate your preference in choosing ourselves on this occasion to enjoy your vacation here with us.
Your comments are very important to us and we do really appreciate the time you have taken to share this with our team along with your experiences.
We hope to see you back here soon in Puerto Vallarta. On behalf of all of the team here at the hotel, my warmest regards.

Reviewed 21 June 2015 via mobile

I wasn't sure what to expect, I read all the reviews and was a little nervous even though there were many great reviews as well.
We got in late there were people waiting at the entrance who took our bags and took them the room when we asked. The staff was amazing! So nice, helpful, and personal. One of the wait staff (Juan) asked my name and said hello every time he saw me.
Richardo who is the manager of the people who tell you about the resort was absolutely wonderful! He also asked my name and ever time he saw me said Hi.

The cleaning staff was great!
The pool wait staff was great, especially Angel.
I was there over my birthday, I got cake 3 separate times that day.. and it was amazing.

For the kids... The activities group was awesome! So funny and worked well with not only children but adults as well..

The evening activities were so wonderful. They work so hard and you can tell.

I can't say enough good things about this resort and thw people that run it!

I can't wait to visit again.

Thank you Melia staff for making my vacation wonderful and my birthday special!

Brigida

Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
4  Thank Brigida G

We appreciate your comments, especially those in which stand out the quality of service of our employees; it is an honor for us to serve you

Reviewed 19 June 2015

As a club member of Melia, my experience from my initial interaction with my contact at the resort was warm, friendly, and professional. I felt confident and at ease when planning the final details of my trip with her. Krizia Banuet was responsive and provided all the helpful information making sure I had an enjoyable time and stay at the resort. It was nice to hear the excitement in her voice which also resonated in her emails that made this trip something to look forward to even more!

The only issue we experienced was the communication with the staff at the spa - misunderstanding with the duration of our massages. We were able to resolve it immediately during our stay with Krizia. Another added helpful individual was Armando, seated at the concierge station every evening. His friendly and warm demeanor, as well as suggestions of places off the resort were wonderful tips in encouraging us to venture out (even if we were feeling some of the affects of the hurricane)!

Overall, the resort was very nice. The pool was great as well as being very close to the beach. We took advantage of relaxing on the bali beds which was another nice added feature. Unfortunately there were only 2 of the 4 restaurants open when we visited, which could be because it was low season (early June). The housekeeping staff and cleanliness was perfect. And the wait staff was very friendly and full of energy! I look forward to visiting again in the near future!

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with friends
4  Thank Mel R

Meliá Vacation Club Puerto Vallarta would like to thank you for your comments. They are very important for us and you can be assured that these suggestions will be taken into consideration.

Your comments allow us to improve the service offered to our guests and to avoid that similar situations are repeated in the future.

Regards

Reviewed 19 June 2015

I have stayed at many all inclusive hotels, even the Melia in DR. This one rates smaller and older than what I expected. There were not very many food options due to the size of the hotel, also there is NO lifeguard at the pool or beach which is odd because all the other resorts even the Melia in the DR had lifeguards. Despite the limited food options, the size, the age (it needs to be upgraded). I am compelled to say the shows were outstanding, my family was there seven nights and we saw all seven shows. The performers are talented and passionate, furthermore you would see them practicing all day to perfect their performances. There was a variety of shows that ranged from hip hop type to ballet. If you are not going for gourmet food and beaches, but an economical all around experience with kids I would recommend this hotel. It is reasonable and average in every sense of the word expect for the nightly shows offered. I was there with two kids and my husband, it was nice but I would have opted for a different resort had I known there were no lifeguards and how limited the food was.
I will say the service is outstanding. From the restaurant staff to the service around the hotel was wonderful. We always tip since we know it is a part of their income, and that helps too!

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Christiane A
Reviewed 9 June 2015

I thought I would do a review for this hotel as I hadn't seen anyone from the UK do one for this hotel. We stayed for 7 nights from 30/05 - 06/06.
There were 4 of us in our group and booked the holiday through Thomson's as all inclusive with a sea view room.
Flew from Gatwick on the Dreamliner 787 to Puerto Vallarta, which took just under 12 hours. One thing to note that they don't instruct you to do when leaving the plane is once you get your luggage keep walking straight through the doors until you reach outside. This is because that is where the Thomson reps are as they are not allowed inside where there are lots of people trying to speak to you about timeshares and taxis etc.

So once we got into our private taxi transfer it only took roughly 5 minutes to get to the hotel. The driver spoke good English and gave us a few places to visit on our trip.

Straight over to reception. No welcome drink which a lot of other hotels I have stayed at give you when arriving. First thing they say is we have upgraded you. By this they mean a full facing sea view rather than a side facing sea view. Got offered a ground floor which we declined so ended up on the 8th floor. The guy at reception then points us over at another desk in the lobby area where its the concierge and says they will give you a map of the hotel.

So over we go to speak to this woman who has a list of people set to stay at the hotel but our names were not on there. This is basically because she is trying to sell a meeting to you with some offers so that you can go to the timeshare and find out about buying a condo. They don't understand that when most people from the UK go on holiday they book a package holiday. So she started off by showing us the map of the hotel and pointing out what restaurants you can eat at and what times etc. By this point I just wanted to get to the room and get out of the clothes id been travelling in. Then she started going on about this tour you can go on from Tequila to the old town and it would be free for you to go on. Then she goes on about a special May deal that ends tomorrow so are we interested. So we didn't know where this was going at this point. Then she goes tomorrow at breakfast you can go at 9am. I was like no I may want to go at 7am if I wake up early due to not getting used to the time difference. In the end it gets agreed at 8:30am to go for breakfast. Then we have to pay a deposit of 20 pesos. Finally able to leave and go to our room to see what it was like.

Upon entering the room it looked really nice and the view was perfect. We even had slippers and dressing gowns hanging up in the wardrobe. One thing was that there was only 6 hangers. But plenty of drawers to put other bits and pieces in. The mini bar had 2 beers and 3 soft drinks with about 6 mini bottles of water. There was also a kettle but not tea bags or coffee (Didn't use it but I guess you'd just ask at reception for these). The bed was huge and you could have easily fit 3 people in there. I found the mattress quite hard but the others in the group said it was fine. Television had about 90 channels but only about 6 or 7 were English speaking. We encountered 1 problem with the room when 1 night the toilet would not flush so we told reception before we went to dinner and by the time we returned it had been fixed by maintenance. The maid did a really good job all week.

There is a buffet restaurant which you use for Breakfast in the mornings from 7-11am and then is there again in the evening from 6pm. The breakfasts were the best meal there as you could get all different fresh juices, cereals, fruit and then the hot foods where it varied abit each day with different eggs and sausages and Mexican dishes. There was also a pancake and waffle area which were being made freshly for you and a omelette station where you put in a pot what you want in your omelette and then pass it to the woman to cook for you. Only later on in the week did we find out she could do fried eggs for you and also she stores all the bacon if you require some bacon too as you have to ask for it. Why they don't put it out with the other food like the sausages I don't know. You can also have bread or toast too.
Lunch you can eat at two different places. One is the snack bar by the pool where it has burgers, hot dogs, chicken nuggets and chips which you go up and help yourself to from 12pm-6pm. You can take this away on a disposable plate and eat around the pool. the other place is the La Palapa which is the other side of the pool near the beach which is another buffet style. Here they have fresh pasta and pizza being made though she did put too much cheese on all them she made. Then there would always be burgers, a big load of salad and fruit, then youd get some kind of cooked meat and fish. There was always a big selection of food available. If you require ice cream you also have to ask for this as its not out on display to help yourself.
Then dinner time the buffet would have themed nights every night. My favourite was the Monday night TexMex theme where the Ribs were amazing. They would always have about 4 meats with Pork, chicken, beef and then either steak or chicken fajitas. A few fish options. It would just have different sauces to make it different each night.
The waiters were fab and would be taking your plates away as soon as you had finished eating and youd get asked if you wanted another drink. It was fairly quite so maybe they aren't as attentive when it gets packed but the service was impeccable.

The beach was ok, nothing special. I didn't actually go into the sea as I prefer the pool but looked really nice and calm early in the morning and got a tiny bit rougher later on in the day.
The pool was huge!! Plenty of room to swim around in. Didn't have a problem with getting sunbeds. We would get down about 9:30am and you could choose any area of the pool you wanted. Had seen reports that people were reserving sunbeds at 5am but didn't see any of this. The swim up bar opened at 11am and the waiter in the pool area started soon after. He would not let you go very long without a drink. He was exceptional! An absolute star of the hotel and deserves the tips he gets.
There is music played and the entertainment team keep you going all day with fun and games ranging from beach volleyball, to water polo to archery and shooting.
The only problem with the pool area is that the amount of birds flying around trying to get food. As people are allowed to take the food away from the snack bar they then either feed the seagulls and pigeons or they take it themselves off the left over plates left lying around. Then they fly over the pool sometimes dropping their crap in it and sometimes swimming in it themselves. Not exactly hygienic is it.
The lobby bar is open in the evenings and the guys working behind there are really good and give you popcorn or nuts with your drinks. Only slight downfall is if you like cerveza you only get it in a tiny glass so its gone in 2 sips.
Free wifi is available in the lobby area which is pretty humid and id recommend you have bug spray on you as got bitten there on a few occasions but nowhere else.
We had to check out on our last day at 12pm but we asked the night before and got extended to 1pm. So at half 12 we got asked why are we still in the room? they shouldn't have allowed us apparently but hey ho we got a free hour extra there. But then you weren't allowed to have lunch as you hadn't paid for it. We were supposed to get picked up at 2:20pm but by 3pm no sign. So we got a taxi and found a Thomson rep who got another guy other who then paid him so we didn't pay.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone with children as they would love the hotel with the big pool and the kids club. The kids club theme is the Flintstones. I don't know if they change that at all but I didn't even know they showed Flintstones on TV anymore, so the children of today might not even know who they are.

We ventured out on a few occasions. Went off to the harbour across the road which is a 5 minute walk and had a drink in the sports bar. As its off season quite a lot is now closed and was very quiet. Id also suggest going to one of the massage places here rather than at the hotel as its a lot cheaper.
Got a taxi to the Liverpool Mall which cost 60 pesos so you can look around the shops there and grab a couple of bargains in the sales. There are also restaurants in there so if you fancy a dominos, pizza hut, burger king or mcdonalds then that's your place. There is also a Wallmart next door where you can get some bits and pieces to take back home which is a lot cheaper than the UK.
We went into the old town on one occasion and walked along the Malecon until we decided to stop on the beach for some drinks and carried on until sunset which was really nice. We then went to eat at Pi Pi's This was recommended to us by the taxi driver and by our rep. Maybe they are all related etc I don't know but we tried it and boy do I recommend this place. the food was amazing and the portion size was enourmous!! if you left here hungry then there is something wrong with you!!! Very good value for money and excellent service too.

Overall it was a nice relaxing break away from work for a week. It has 4 stars but Id say its only worth a 3

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
9  Thank Dan M
Guest E, Gerente at Melia Puerto Vallarta All Inclusive, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2015

Thank you for your comments, they are very important for us and you can be assured that these suggestions will be taken into consideration.

Your comments are very valuables for us and you can be sure that they have been taken into account.

We look forward to being able to welcome you back in the near future.

Kind regards,