We just returned from Melia Puerto Vallarta for our second year in a row during spring break for my children. We have three kids- ages 11, 9, and 5. We have been to multiple all-inclusive resorts including Club Med and Iberostar. This is the best family value vacation and the easiest to visit. It is a 5 minute cab ride from the airport! but you don't hear any planes during your stay. It is also a 10 minute and inexpensive cab ride (we took the bus one way) to downtown PV. There is a lovely Marina across the street with restaraunts and stores.
What makes Melia great for my family is that it offers a special family package for a great price with one room to accommodate all of our children comfortably so we don't have to get two rooms like other hotels. The family concierge, Corina, helped us both years with special accommodations for my child's food and breathing allergies. We were able to email our needs in advance and always received a prompt response. Corina is so helpful and friendly and a very hard worker. My kids received special gifts when we arrived, in addition to milk and fresh baked cookies every evening. The kids club has many activities and optional drop in at your convenience.
The entertainment is amazing- the dancers are also acrobats and amazingly talented, seemingly professional. The Circus Show and Illusion Show cannot be missed, but all others are also spectacular.
Each year we met very nice families from America, Canada, and Mexico, and our kids played with them throughout the trip. The food is representative of many other all-inclusives, and though it is average, we always found something to enjoy at every meal. My kids were able to eat at different times than us if they wanted, as there is always food being served somewhere. The drinks are also great- many choices, great bar and pool service, very flavorful. I mostly drank mojitos but my husband enjoyed the "dirty monkeys."
The pool is large and zero grade in different parts, so all of my kids swam in it for hours each day, but be careful because the tiles at the bottom are coming loose and many people including my daughter got cut from the edges. Although the ocean is rough for the little ones, my husband and older children had a great time at the beach which is sized perfectly for the amount of users, and the view overlooking the mountains and ocean cannot be replicated. I so enjoyed having lunch every day looking at such a beautiful view. The staff works very hard and is always smiling and willing to help. They really seem to enjoy working at Melia. After a few days, the waiters and activities people recognize you and you feel like you have been there forever. The rooms were always cleaned extremely well.
Do read all of the reviews carefully because if you are expecting plush, you will be disappointed. If you want to avoid timeshare pressure, just say no from the beginning. If you need something, just ask. I am picky, but my family is not. Melia is the perfect compromise. We will likely return for a third year in 2013.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking Marina Vallarta, one of the most exclusive and quiet areas of Puerto Vallarta, a four star luxury hotel just 5 minutes from the airport or 10 minutes from downtown. Just a short walk from the 18 hole, par 71 Marina Vallarta golf course. 318 rooms in a vast tropical sanctuary on the beautiful bay of Banderas, ideal for a family vacation. Gazebos facing the ocean, the place is perfect for photographing perfect sunsets over Puerto Vallarta. Nightly themed dance shows live, from traditional retro style dances to traditional ones performed by the hotel's own dancers. Where is Puerto Vallarta? Located on the beautiful Pacific coast of Mexico, with an international airport and a seaport, it is one of the most popular tourist destinations. Romantic ocean views ready for your special occasions. Experience the best Mexican experience from the moment you enter Melia Puerto Vallarta. This all-inclusive, 4-star luxury resort offers its guests a variety of dining options and perfect leisure activities, whether for a romantic getaway, a family holiday or a corporate meeting. The property has a timeless tropical charm, thanks to the large open spaces and spacious, peaceful ecological gardens (full of iguanas, ducks, coy, birds) and wide sea views. The hotel has been designed by architects Oriol Bohigas and Joseph Martorell, authors of other projects such as the Olympic Village and the Olympic Port of Barcelona. The ingenious climate-focused design allows you to enjoy Puerto Vallarta's climate all year round. Are you traveling with children? Melia Puerto Vallarta All Inclusive is a family-friendly hotel offering babysitting services with trained and certified professionals. Children's activities include crafts, billiards, table tennis, table football, arcade machines and more. Attention: FREE TOBACCO SMOKE-FREE HOTEL IN CLOSED AREAS: Melia Puerto Vallarta is concerned about the environment and as part of its Sustainable Tourism program, offers its guests and associates a smoke-free environment in all our rooms, theater, Lobby, restaurants, elevators, hallways of rooms and in some open areas delimited by the Hotel. This strictly non-smoking room is charged a room cleaning fee of $ 200.00 USD for guests who violate the "smoke-free" policy. For all visitors who smoke, hotel puts at your disposal assigned areas in the pool area, motor lobby and public beach. Ask for the map with the designated smoking areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Evoline ltd, Booking.com, Melia Hotels APAC, lastminute.com.au, Wotif.com, Expedia APAC, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Hotelopia, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Melia Puerto Vallarta All Inclusive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Puerto Vallarta All Inclusive Beach Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Sol Melia Puerto Vallarta