USD 163
USD 118
  • Breakfast included
Villa Premiere Boutique Hotel & Romantic Getaway(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
USD 260
USD 209
Bookit.com
Playa Los Arcos Hotel Beach Resort & Spa(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
USD 108
USD 90
  • Pool
Sheraton Buganvilias Resort & Convention Center(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
USD 432
USD 137
Hotels.com
USD 296
USD 280
Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
USD 195
USD 177
  • Pool
Grand Miramar All Luxury Suites & Residences(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
USD 184
USD 139
Official Hotel
Las Palmas by the Sea(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
USD 210
USD 730
USD 500
Official Hotel
2,264 results
All reviewspirate shipkids poolkids clubfrench restaurantkids paradisekids drinksbunk bedsclub nitrobeach vendorssnack barmain poolaqua parka la carte restaurantszip linehot dogsfamily vacationgreat family resort
Reviewed 3 April 2017

I've never written a review before but I felt obligated to do so for this family vacation. I just wanted to say how incredibly helpful and friendly the staff was at this hotel. Their service was great and made our vacation so enjoyable. Our rooms were simple...but who goes to Mexico to stay in their rooms! The entertainment staff and bartenders at the Nitro were the best part. Thank you for all the memories! We would recommend the Pirates of the Bay excursion, ziplining and City Tour.

1  Thank caitlinlarose21
Crown Paradise A, Social Media Ambassador at Crown Paradise Club Puerto Vallarta, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2017

Dear Caitlin,

We would like first of all to thank you for your most appreciated review of Crown Paradise Club in Puerto Vallarta.

Our aim is to provide an outstanding service for our guests, so your words confirming our success are very important to us.

We will definitely extend your praise to our dedicated colleagues as we do have a remarkable team here and appreciate you pointing this out in your review.

It is nice to know that you hold us in fond memories and we hope that you visit us again soon.

Reviewed 31 March 2017

My husband and I along with our two children (11 and 7) traveled to the Crown Paradise Club Puerto Vallarta over March Break 2017. My reviews tend to be a bit long but broken in to sections so you can read what you are interested in.

Flight – We traveled with Air Canada Vacations from Montreal. It was quite a bit cheaper than going out of Ottawa and worth the drive. The flight was good, no issues. The package we had included food on the flight so that was kind of a nice added bonus.

Airport – This is always the fun part. I know as Canadians we hate to be rude but a firm no thank you goes a long way when making your way through to find your bus. We were of course approached by those wanting to take our luggage and we just said no and they backed off. We were then asked which airline and we told them Air Canada. We were ushered to a counter where we were given a shot of tequila and the sales pitch started. As soon as we realized they had nothing to do with Air Canada we quickly excused ourselves and waved off anyone else who approached us until we found our bus outside. It would have been helpful to have the rep in the airport to direct us. We made it though.

Check in – We arrived around 12:30 local time so our room was not ready. We were instructed to leave our luggage and they would watch it and we could go enjoy the resort. We went back a bit before 3 to see if our room was ready and it still wasn’t. It took almost another 45 minutes to actually get our room cards. This may not bother some people but I like to get in to my room and unpacked and I really don’t feel settled until I can do that.

Rooms – We elected to go with a garden/pool view room as opposed to the family room. I had read reviews about how they back on to the street and after arriving and seeing where those rooms would be I was glad I chose this. The king bed would have been nice and the kids likely would have enjoyed the bunk beds but I liked the room we had with the two doubles. We were on the second floor and we over looked the kids pool/splash play area. It was great because we could see the kids from the balcony. I was a bit worried about the noise but once the patio door was shut it was amazingly quiet. The room was spacious and clean. It had quite a bit of room for clothing and had a mini fridge. It came stocked with beer, water and soda/pop. There was never an issue with getting more of any of it. The beds themselves were quite comfortable. The only issue I had was that the water was never hot. Most of my showers were warm but a couple were luke warm at best. At the end of the day it was not enough to ruin my vacation by any stretch and the water pressure itself was good.

Resort – I will say first impressions are not accurate for this resort. When we pulled up to the resort my first reaction was what did I book in to. The lobby is quite plain and really nothing to write home about. When we move beyond that to the rest of the resort I was quite happy. Overall it is compact which is kind of nice. You don’t need to go far for what you need. It is clean and while it does not have sprawling lawns and gardens it was clean and I liked the look of it. We were on the Club side which is the family side. There is also the Golden which is the adults only. The resorts were right next to each other but we didn’t venture on to the Golden side. The public areas were kept clean and well maintained.

Pools – There were three pools on our side of the resort. We generally hung out at the main activities pool that was closest to the beach. There was another that was more sheltered by buildings but I actually liked the breeze coming from the ocean. The kids also liked the activities that went on there during the day. The activities crew did a pretty good job with getting people involved with fun games. Our daughter especially was up for anything that was going on. The final pool was the kids pool. This was really great and my son loved it. He would go between that and the activities pool all day and literally fell in to bed at night.

Kids Club and Activities – We didn’t use the kids club at all so can’t really comment on that. There always seemed to be activities going on at the main pool whether it was a belly flop contest, poolside bingo or whatever else the activities team dreamed up, whatever it was everyone enjoyed it and had fun. There was a zipline that my daughter loved. It started at 9 AM and was open until about 10:30 or so. Each kid could go down it twice per day. A couple of evenings we went to where the teen club was. They had music playing and you could sign up for time on various things such as a ping pong table, foosball table, air hockey or pool. They also had a movie that played in a little theater each night.

Evening entertainment – We only made it to one show, the fire show on the beach. It was really good. The show were not on until 8:30 each night and our kids were pretty exhausted by that time of night. To go to the shows you had to go down the road just a bit to the Nitro night club and we just couldn’t be bothered. I am sure the shows were great if the fire show was any indication.

Beach – The beach was nice. It was not at all rocky. We didn’t really hang out at the beach at all. We would go there to go in the ocean and then back to our spot at the pool. The water was clear and had very little seaweed and like I said not at all rocky in the water or on the shore.

A la Carte Restaurants – We tried all of the a la carte restaurants at the resort. It was kind of a pain to get the reservations. You could call starting at 8 or 9 AM. You had to call an extension and try to get through to make a reservation. Once you were through you could book for the current night as well as the next night. The first night we booked at the French restaurant our reservation wasn’t until 8:30, this was too late for our kids and our son fell asleep at the table. Lesson learned. We managed to get 6:30 and 7:00 reservations for other nights. We really enjoyed the French restaurant and actually ate there twice. We tried the Japanese once and while I really liked the sushi and salad bar the main meals were just OK. The Italian was family style so they brought you everything on the menu. It was nice because you could try everything and they would bring you more of whatever you liked. My son especially got a kick out of watching them mix the spaghetti carbonara in a big parmesan wheel. I would recommend trying each of the a la carte restaurants here.

Buffet – This was overall good. Each morning they had an egg station which had made to order omelettes and eggs. Some days there was a waffle station and there was a smoothie bar each morning as well. At lunch there was always a catch of the day fish and a taco or fajita bar. The fish tacos were my favourite but there were others that were pretty good too. We ate supper at the buffet a couple times as well. My son really like the kids buffet area though I had to force him to the “adult” buffet for some veggies. It was cute though that they had their own little buffet that was at their height. It also had ice cream at lunch and dinner and at breakfast the kids loved the churros and donuts you could dip in cinnamon sugar. Overall the food quality was good. As with a lot of resorts it did get a bit repetitive but we were always able to find something tasty to eat.

Snack Bar/Beach Grill – We only grabbed a burger at the grill one afternoon but it was good and had all of the condiments you would need. It is right next to the snack bar which the kids frequented mostly every day. It had pizza, nacho chips with queso and a bean sauce, salad, some kind of puffed chip thing and some other muchies. It was great to have it there for a mid-afternoon or even late snack.

Off resort – We took a taxi in to Puerto Vallarta a couple of afternoons. It should run you about $70 pesos so ask before you get in to the car. It was nice to wander along the boardwalk and stop in some shops. We also did an afternoon excursion with Unique ATV tours. I have done a separate review on this adventure, don’t worry it was very positive and fun.

Overall we really enjoyed our vacation to Puerto Vallarta and to this resort. The kids loved it and I would highly recommend it for families with kids.

11  Thank RyleyNS
Crown Paradise A, Social Media Ambassador at Crown Paradise Club Puerto Vallarta, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2017

Dear Ryley,

Thank you a lot for choosing Crown Paradise Club Puerto Vallarta and sharing your detailled feedback here on Tripadvisor.

We are very happy to read that you had a great holiday with us and that we have been able to meet your expectations.

It would be a real pleasure for us to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 31 March 2017

First, don't expect 5 star, but if you're looking for a clean and nice all inclusive near the heart of Puerto Vallarta, definitely consider this resort. Food average to good with a selection for even the pickiest of eater. Bartenders work extremely hard for their money, although the resort could hire a few more to keep the booze flowing. Bed not the best, but comfortable, even for my wife with a bad back. Shower water could use a few degrees warmer. The selling point is the beach. Awesome beach. Could use a little security from all the people trying to sell their stuff. Next highlight, location to the harbor, Walmart, and the short 15 minute bus or cab ride to the city. Reading all these reviews had me worried, but I really enjoyed my stay here and plan to return soon. Hope they keep it up.

Dear Firemedics,

Thank you for taking time and posting this very positive comment here in Tripadvisor.

We are delighted to read that you gave us the opportunity to host you and truly enjoyed your stay at our resort Crown Paradise Club Puerto Vallarta despite of some reviews.

We always do our best to make the stay of our clients as enjoyable as possible and are happy to read that we could meet your expectations.

Please do not hesitate to contact us for any arrangement you wish to be done for your next visit. It will be a pleasure to assist you.

Reviewed 30 March 2017

Let me start out with, this really isn't anything against the resort in general. The cons I mention below are just what I experienced while there. I thought this one would be like the Cancun one but it wasn't. :(

The resort it's self is beautiful. It was clean and well kept up. Our room was huge. The shower head though wouldn't move at all which made it awkward and it came out really strong, which hurt at times.

My issue was the beach. Some guests just didn't really care about it and used the beach as their personal ashtrays. It was so gross. They would smoke anywhere while on the beach, no cares for the other guests as they were blowing smoke around. Plates of food would be left on tables and the birds would be picking at it constantly because there wasn't enough staff to clear them. There was a good chance you would step on a chicken bone.

Also the vendors ignored the white rope and would come right up to you while you were on your chair. They would even come up while you were sitting on the resort by the beach. Every couple minutes was a new vendor. Telling them no all the time made us avoid the beach.

The buffet variety wasn't the greatest. What they did have was good though at times. I would eat from the children's section because the food was a lot better there.

The staff though, I give them all 5 stars. Each and every staff member was amazing and so friendly, so kind and helpful. I wish I had got their names so I could post them here.

I will admit I don't care for Puerto Vallarta so I most likely will not be back. I will though go back to the Crown Paradise in Cancun again. That resort was prime for sure.

Room Tip: If you are without kids, stay in the section where the rooms are numbered. A, B, C. The adult pool is closer to that part.
1  Thank CAgrl78

Dear CAgrl,

Thank you very much for your detailed comments about your stay with us in Crown Paradise Club Puerto Vallarta.

We are very sorry that we did not meet your expectations entirely, although we always try, and most of our clients are happy with our service and facilities, as you can read in many previous comments.

In regards of the beach, we try to raise awareness placing special areas for our smoker guests; however, we understand that are not enough, that is why daily our gardeners do clean the beach with the machine. About the vendors, we have shared your review to our Chief Security to bolster with his team the access through the white rope to vendors.

We appreciate that the service from our staff have earned 5 stars, they work hard to provide their best effort and our guests have their better experience during their visit among us.

We will be very happy welcoming you bak in anear future.

Reviewed 30 March 2017

We stayed in room 216 and had a view of the kids pirate ship pool. What we noticed first is it is a busy place lots of people lots of noise lots of kids. I thought the food was OK and always found something to eat at the buffet the deserts were always good and the smoothies were good at breakfast and there was always bacon everyday. as for the al a carte you have to book which didn't take to much time every time I got through I was informed that it was booked up and the next day was available so I took it, we went to all three ala carte with the French being the best something didn't agree with me after eating at the Japanese don't know what it was possibly the seafood so the next day the toilet was my best friend. The French was very slow and took two hours to eat there the dress code is not to strictly enforced I saw people in just t shirts I took three dress shirts one for each restaurant we did enjoy eating at all three. As for the room I can only give it a 2.5 stars the furniture and stuff was very dated the shower was only luke warm at best the curtain going to the balcony was very grubby and had a hole in it the door to the balcony did not lock and the toilet was not working which I fixed myself The beds were OK and so were the pillows and they came in everyday to clean the room so we searched for the room service lady and gave her a tip of appreciation they also restock the fridge everyday as part of the all inclusive. Our son loved the drinks and was always at the bar getting another drink as for the resort the beach is great the pools are really nice and the pool water is a perfect temperature always some fun activities to do in and around the pool. On the beach there is an army of beach Venders I counted 14 at one time and they are unrelenting I already new about them but was prepared but on day we laid on the chairs under the shades and every five minutes or less another vender will approach you we didn't engage them but some people do. The ocean was fun and the waves were fun to play in some days bigger waves than others everyday we was there the weather was fantastic sunny nice and warm not overly hot. The resort is a fifteen minute walk to Walmart and 15 minutes downtown on the bus 7.5 pesos each my wife accidentally left her purse in the washroom at the Malacon even though well over half an hour had elapsed before we had realized and gone back dreading the worst her bag was still there with expensive camera and cell phone still in place so thanks to the guy at the washroom who got it for us and kept it safe all in all we had a good time with some minor issues one being my feet can't blame the resort on that my flip flops rubbed my feet and they became sore I bought more from the Walamart but not much better so I suffered a bit with sore feet but managed to avoid any major sunburn by applying lotion The best part of the trip for me was the entertainment we went every night to the club Nitro across the street and really enjoyed the shows they were well done So overall yes would stay again room 2.5 stars resort a solid 3 stars but I would say Value for money was had.

1  Thank astalavistababy

Dear Astalavistababy,

Thank you a lot for sharing your detailled opinion here about Crown Paradise Club.

Please be assured that your observations have been taken in the highest consideration and shared with our team ahead of each department. Our Purchases department along with our Housekeeping Manager is working to get the best price for courtains with best quality. Our Maintenance Engineer worked with his team installing a water bump that feeds to those rooms that have been reported with few heated water. We are so glad that the Specialty restaurants were liked you, we passed your feedback about the slow service in Sans Soucis and also about the ingredients used in Fujiyama. Worth mentioning that, our chefs work with high standards implemented by the company and audited periodically by Government departments getting always the best results.

We hope to welcome you back in a near future.