Ill preface this by saying that in the past I've stayed at 4 or 5 star hotels in Mexico and that I adjusted my expectations for this hotel as I knew it would not be like what I was used to.
We got to the hotel around 2pm after a long day of travel. We were immediately greeted by the bell boys as well as a gentleman taking drink orders. We got to the front desk and they were friendly and got us checked in. We were about to go to our room but were bombarded by what I will assume we're time share people. We finally got passed them and one of the bell boys brought our bags to our room.
So our room.... Well if you've looked up reviews, you've probably seen pictures of how they look but the pictures unfortunately donte provide the whole story. The air conditioner didn't really work. The light fixture above the table was smoking. The beds were hard as a rock. The pillows were hard as rocks. The toilet is cramped and hard to get at. The toilet continuously ran. The bathroom was gross and not cleaned. All these things we found out in the first 15 mins we were there.
At this point we decided to go get some air and try the food. The food was, edible I guess. I'm not a person that needs or eats gourmet food or has high expectations of Quality so I was completely shocked at how bad this was. We all nibbled on some chicken and bread and gAve up.
We left and went to the beach and pool area to see what it was like. Pools seemed ok and the beach left little to be desired. Lots of vendors walking around harassing people. I understand that they are there to make a dollar but I'm here on vacation and don't want to be harassed.
After all of this, we went back to our room and made the decision to contact Apple vacations and change resorts. We knew couldn't be happy at this resort. We had to pay extra but we were fine with that to get something we'd be happy and relaxed at
I'd recommend this resort to someone who is looking for a cheap family place to stay that has zero expectations. If you've stayed at 4 star or better resorts, I'd steer clear as you'll have a hard time enjoying yourself. I'd rate this a 2.5 star at best and I think that's being generous.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A MODERN FAMILY-FRIENDLY ENVIRONMENT The ambiance here at the Crown Paradise Club Puerto Vallarta, All Inclusive Resort is one of casual family fun. Our oceanfront resort was designed with myriad places to have fun and relax with an aquapark with 9 slides a pirate ship and a castle, big jacuzzi with swim up bar for adults, 3 a la carte restaurants and more... All the fun for big and small! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Wotif.com, Expedia APAC, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, lastminute.com.au, Agoda, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Crown Paradise Club Puerto Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crown Paradise Club Puerto Vallarta Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Crown Paradise Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Playa De Oro