USD 209
USD 133
  • Breakfast included
Villa Premiere Boutique Hotel & Romantic Getaway(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
USD 310
USD 241
Bookit.com
Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
USD 195
USD 177
  • Pool
Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
USD 189
USD 172
Hotels.com
  • Beachfront
Grand Miramar All Luxury Suites & Residences(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
USD 214
USD 163
Official Hotel
Playa Los Arcos Hotel Beach Resort & Spa(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 22/07
USD 230
USD 144
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Sheraton Buganvilias Resort & Convention Center(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
USD 405
Hotel Mousai(Puerto Vallarta)
USD 499
USD 403
3,941 results
All reviewsla riberaandrea restaurantaqua barroom servicebedroom suiteguest servicescasino nighttime sharemexican fiestabeautiful resortwater aerobicsall inclusive packagecity tourour waiterpool sideping pongclose to the airport
Reviewed 5 April 2018

Very expensive. I felt we paid for everything we received. There were no deals using our RCI coupons from Worldmark. It was a wonderful stay. We felt like royalty but we will look elsewhere should we decide on an all inclusive again.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with RCI
2  Thank beans642018
Luis A, Director General at Velas Vallarta, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Thank you for reserving with us at Velas Vallarta and for sharing your comments and observations on the experience.

I am glad that you found this to be a wonderful stay and that my staff, and the general ambiance, made you feel like royalty. Granted, Velas Vallarta is a cut above the rest in practically all aspects; suites, tropical gardens, high-end cuisine, genuine service, etc. But in the long run, one truly does receive what they pay for. There are, of course, more economical alternatives on the market, but many place surcharges on the services and amenities that we already have included. So I hope we can have the honor of hosting you again at some point in the future, treating you like the royalty that you truly deserve.

Thank you again, and best regards to you and your lovely family in beautiful British Columbia. Take care.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

Stayed at the one room suite. Excellent size and service, great view.
Buffet is not as ample as in other all inclusive, but was good.
Breakfast is the best, with freshly made quesadillas every day and an omelette station. Our families loved the crepes station.
Service is outstanding thorough the property.
Everyone is helpful and friendly. Marcelino at the beach and Antonio at the buffet are hard to beat in good service and friendliness. Property is well kept. Beach and ocean are very clean. Worth the price.

Room Tip: Higher floors have a superb view
2  Thank Carla m

Thank you, Carla, for bringing your family to Velas Vallarta and allowing my staff to cater to their vacation needs with our upscale style of all-inclusive living.

I mentioned all-inclusive "living" because residing in a suite, as opposed to two rooms, allows a family to spend even more quality time together. Whether it's waking up to pre-ordered, room service breakfast or simply relaxing and admiring the Pacific sunsets from the comfort of your balcony.

I am pleased that you found many aspects of our culinary fare to be to your great liking. It is true that our buffet options are not limitless per se. However, our focus is to provide you, and all our valued guests, outstanding quality in each item that we present, and not substitute high-end ingredients and preparation, for mass volume. And of course, our all-inclusive package also features la carte options throughout the entire day, in all of our venues.

Carla, it is my hope that the great experiences that you enjoyed on this occasion, encourage you to return and rediscover, together with your loved ones, the real meaning of a Family Vacation. On behalf of our Velas family to yours, I wish you an excellent summer season in Chicago, Illinois. Thank you!

Reviewed 3 April 2018

We just spent Spring break there with 2 other families. The grounds were impeccable....very well maintained and gorgeous. We especially liked the beach, lots of sand, chairs, and very clean. The service was great. Everyone there goes out of there way to ensure you are happy. We were not very impressed with the rooms. Granted we had a high floor and beautiful ocean view which was amazing, the room itself needs updating. Also the couch that pulls out into a bed for the kids is extremely uncomfortable. They did bring us a rolling twin bed which was very helpful. There are only 3 restaurants. 2 take reservations (which fill up by 8am) and the other is a buffet. We had the opportunity to experience them all and the food is just "okay". We normally get really excited about breakfast and their buffet was disappointing.

Room Tip: Best view is high floor, room right off the elevator (however that also makes it loud)
2  Thank TCM70
Luis A, Director General at Velas Vallarta, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

It was an honor for us to host your group of three families here with us at Velas Vallarta, and we are genuinely pleased that you consider our property to be beautiful.

Velas Vallarta, with its 28 years of true hospitality is perhaps one of the most reliable operations in the region. Our oversized suites help to make the family experience a beautiful one, 24-hours a day. And although they are not as modern as some of the new buildings that have been constructed lately, we do overcompensate with outstanding service and hospitality along with some of the most picturesque gardens, pools, and beach in Puerto Vallarta. And with our newly acquired Executive Chef, we do expect to be able to satisfy better the many different tastes and expectations that our guests bring us each month.

Thank you for selecting Velas Vallarta to host your small group of close families. We hope that for our overall price point, you consider a return in the future and allow us to make you feel at home, once again, with our warm hospitality, tropical ambiance, and new menus. Until then, we wish you and all members of your group a wonderful summer up in Gilberts, Illinois. Take care.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

Our family stayed at Velas Vallarta for 3 days after moving over from a nearby resort where we stayed for a week. Velas Vallarta has the most beautiful tropical gardens, with fish ponds and within that lush gardens are three beautiful swimming pools, with a lazy river linking up two of them. This hotel has pool side food service in addition to drinks, the staff are the best, most friendly and efficient of any resort I have visited. We were also upgraded at check in to a one bedroom apartment. Thank you! The bed was a California King with comforters, excellent AC, a full kitchen stocked with snack foods/beverages and a pull out bed in the living room. We had a large balcony with comfortable deck furniture over looking the gardens/pools/ocean from the 3rd floor. The room was quiet and I had my best sleep on the trip here. We spoke to others who just loved to hang around their room because it was so comfortable. The PV airport is nearby and you only hear planes during the day. We made reservations at Andreas restaurant and the food/service was very good. The service from staff is really exceptional at this resort all round. We enjoyed the restaurant at the beach which didn't require reservations ahead of time. They had live music, I was very impressed with the lady who was singing during dinner. The beach has fewer vendors than others and the way the resort is set up, it felt more peaceful and less intrusive. I loved the main lobby of the hotel, it reminded me of a Grand Central Station with big arches. The crepe station with fresh fruit and toppings open from 8 to 8 was a big hit with my kids age 10 & 12, as well as ourselves. Entertainment was a Live Mariachi band, Mexican Dancers and balancing act was super. Poolside food/beverage service was great, service was fast and attentive, I didn't even need to ask for drinks when Ivan would bring me another one. My kids liked the pizza, fries and burgers at the poolside plus the ice cream/pastry bar near the beach entrance. I liked the Marina/Golf course location of this resort, I like to jog in the morning before its too hot and the streets are pleasant to run on in this area or on the marina. This was a true paradise, we look forward to coming back. Highly recommend this resort.

Room Tip: Higher floors have a better view over the gardens of the ocean
1  Thank Morten B

Thank you so much, Morten, for reserving with us those extra three nights, and sampling the Velas Vallarta brand of upscale, all-inclusive vacations.

There really is not much more that I can add to your already in-depth review only to say that you were in the unique position to compare two resorts. And I am delighted that you came away from the entire holiday highly satisfied and with great suntans to show for it.

On behalf of the 700 Velas Vallarta staff members, I thank you for sharing your personal experience with us, and we look forward to making your next stay a 10-night luxury experience. Thank you and best regards to all our friends in Surrey, British Columbia. Take care.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Absolutely beautiful property! Did the all inclusive through RCI. All staff I saw and encountered really work hard and seem to actually enjoy their jobs. So many to name personally, but a few is, server at Andrea restaurant, Victor who clearly loves what he does, Alvaro and Ringo, server from the beach, and Brenda and Beatiz at the concierge. The restaurant, Andrea has a bit better food than the one on beach but you must make reservations for dinner day of and make them early! I would set my alarm for 7:30 am to make them. That is earliest to do so. The other restaurant on the beach is beautiful setting and food isn't bad...just not as good. One of the things I wish they had was a bar you could sit at in the evening to have a cocktail. There is not a one! You can sit in the very large, very noisy lobby and have one. Wasn't a pleasant atmosphere to me. Never went. Drinks were mixed fair with no complaints there. The "shows" are a bit lame with the exception of "Fiesta Night" every Sunday. This seems to be an ideal resort for families with children. I had a young adult son with me and as much as we did enjoy this resort we found ourselves leaving it and exploring elsewhere often. The biggest, (and this is a big one to me) complaint I have is the availability of lounge chairs and canopies at the beach. (the pool as well from what I saw but never wanted to sit there...to many kids :0). Even though there are laminated flyers sitting on tables and chairs stating you cannot reserve for more than 90 min, selfish people do so and do it early! I got up one morning at 6:30 just to make sure I got a spot and about 8/10 were covered with towels! I sat there and observed more than half of them did not show up for hours! This was super annoying to me. I feel the staff could control this by enforcing. Maybe they (staff) were being tipped (which is very probable to hold), which I would have totally done but did not want to assume that and accuse anyone. Overall...I enjoyed. 4 stars was given only for the fact of lack of control on beach chairs. Otherwise would recommend for sure. One more thing....reading a review here about safe...that is quite concerning to me. We however had chosen not to have our room serviced at all for the week. Oh and speaking of room... it was beautiful. We had a deluxe one -bedroom.

Room Tip: I wouldn't know what to say here.
1  Thank l0l0916

Thank you very much for selecting Velas Vallarta as the vacation setting for your family´s March Break holiday.

I am glad that you found many aspects of your stay to be to your great liking such as the fine efforts of Brenda, Beatriz, Victor, Alvaro, and Ringo. Their knowledge along with the professionalism as they carry out their duties are truly exemplary and well-known to me.

I must thank you for your observations and feelings on the always-present phenomenon of the reservation of pool loungers. We have pool concierges who do their best to manage the pool and beach areas, much to everyone´s satisfaction. We have also recently invested heavily in pool furniture, and we now have a place for everybody to relax and have fun during the vacation. You may not be in the same, exact spot each day, but we do have an abundance of beautiful areas in and around the pools to accommodate all families.

I hope that the great memories of this vacation entice you to return with us in the future, and as a hotelier with 40 years experience, I will recommend that you do use, in all your travels, electronic safety deposit boxes. They are virtually foolproof and are very helpful to keep essential documents and valuables secure and in one place. Thank you again for your comments, and all the best to you and your family in all your future travels. Take care.