See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 4 September 2018 via mobile

I read a lot of negative reviews after booking, to the point that I was regretting before arriving, but I was surprised.
Yes, the hotel is old and it would be nice if they renewed it, but at the end it served its purpose.
Everything in my room was working properly (a/c, fan, shower, tv, etc), the space it’s big and the bed was ok.
I think the best of the hotel it’s the 7th floor terrace view, really nice!
The beach club was also nice. Again, not as fancy as other places, but it was all I needed.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 August 2018

I don;t think I have ever stayed in a hotel as bad as this one. The owners, from what I heard, not gay at all, and obviously they couldn't careless to have it fixed. Build with cheaply ,the place is filthy, noise and the service sucks.... The only good thing about this dive is the location, right at the gay beach.... There are other options around and lots of airbnb to choose from. They certainly take advantage of the gay community.

Room Tip: choose another hotel
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank eloysolano
Reviewed 16 August 2018 via mobile

Visited peurto vallarta and had to go to the infamous blue chairs. We are a dtraight couple and was made to feel welcome. We sat on the beach and had drinks and a foot massage. Definitely a place known for the LGBTQ community but welcomed us and treated us nice.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 August 2018

To start, the receptionist (the gay one) was the most horrible person to deal with, very bad attitude, unfriendly,RUDE PERSON, i do not understand how the owners keep this nasty person in reception!! I booked a King room with sea view and they give me a blocked view, then they gave me a second room floor 4 but the room was super OLD and bad maintain , then they send us to the floor 15th, in one of the back corners also very old and dirty room, I asked very calm and relax to this nasty person in reception where are the beautiful rooms they advertised on the web page and he very sarcastic said to me: well i don't know where you saw those rooms....this is what we have. We arrived on Tuesday and the hotel was empty so he could make an effort in giving us something more like we payed for , but he was just not gonna bother any more in showing us more rooms.We payed over $12000 mexican pesos for a horrible old room for 5 days, the hotel is very old, rooms are very bad and old..after 2 days we decided to leave to an amazing Gay resort next door. I DO NOT RECOMMEND YOU TO COME TO BLUE CHAIRS AT ALL,...DO NOT WAIST YOUR TIME AND MONEY HERE...THEY DO NOT KNOW HOW TO TREAT INTERNATIONAL COSTUMERS.

Room Tip: it does not matter what you book, they will give you what ever they want!
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Roger M
Reviewed 28 July 2018 via mobile

I've never stayed at the hotel, but the beach club is the best.

With less than 10x the space of Ritmos (aka Green Chairs) and Almar's beach club, the food, service, community, & atmosphere is 10x better. You meet friendly ppl from all over the we world who want to just have a laugh, some sun, and drinks and get to know you. The food and drinks are reasonably priced and very good.

We've made so many friends and had dinner and party plans with guys from all over the world and invites for visits meeting at Blue Chairs Beach Club. No one will speak to you at Ritmos unless it's to complain to you that you awoke them from their coma.i hope they all brought their NDRs with them to Ritmos.

Ritmos "green chairs" is where to go to lie in a coma with the fossils and have horrible food and service. The servers are very busy smoking weed and will come by once an hour.

Almar Resorts, Mantamar Beach Club, is very nice and expensive. Lots of "Thirty-Thousandaires" that are way too good for you. Plus, you get the added excitement of them trying to get you to go on their time share tour every 30mins. I really dont want to spend over $100 a day for lunch and a couple drinks on the beach. I'd rather eat the leather fajitas at green chairs than endure that on vacation.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple