“Great Time in Puerto Vallarta”

Hotel Posada de Roger
Ranked #18 of 124 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Eaton, Ohio
“Great Time in Puerto Vallarta”
Reviewed 11 February 2012

We stayed at the Hotel Posada de Roger for the month of January, 2012. It is a quaint, traditional Mexican hotel, which is very neat and clean. The hotel in centrally located near fantastic restaurants like Fredy's Tucan, the Margarita Grill, Joe Jack's Fish Shack, and several others. The beach is just a short walk away. We met lots of fantastic folks from Canada and the U.S. who have been staying at this hotel for 20 or more years. Those folks, along with the friendly hotel staff, helped to make this trip our best ever!!!!

Dave & Janice S

Room Tip: My husband had recently had back surgery, so they found us a room on the 1st floor so he didn't...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank David S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (236)
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 23 January 2012

My husband and I made this reservation though Booking Buddy, linked to theTrip Advisor web page. We even had a conformation number saying we were booked for 3 days. I printed it out and brought this page with the details to "Posada de Roger".
The lady at Posada de Roger's office told us we had no reservation and they had no rooms available! She wasn't very kind in talking to us or offering another hotel. I had to ask what about my taxi I just paid for from the airport. where can I go? Then I remembered another B&B hotel "Casa Isabel" and asked her if she would please call for me. Disturbed she did so.
Casa Isabel took us right in.
Before I left to go to the other hotel, I asked a different young lady, if I could see the rooms, she had a better attitude and was nice enough to show us 3 different rooms, These rooms all were crowed togeather, worn, and noisy.
But I had no way of knowing if there were any other hotels better than this, at this time. Only the reviews I read on Trip Advisor.
I made a mistake and gave my credit card number for any cancellation for Sunday and was promised that it would not be used until I signed in. The plan was that they would call me to let me know. Instead they called me to tell me they charged my card for Saturday.
I do not like anything about this place ! Ethics are impossible!
For a fraction more you can do much, much, much better!!!! In more friendly honest and Quieter B&B's & Hotels.

Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
7 Thank sparklegrammy
posadaroger, Front Office Manager at Hotel Posada de Roger, responded to this review, 29 January 2012
We apologize and we invite you to be a guest in our Hotel, as you didnt have the oportunity to stay here.
We are sorry about your experience with your reservation at Hotel Posada de Roger, the first time you tried to reserve we couldn´t confirm the reservation because the information you have sent through the travel agency was incomplete; we contacted the travel agency, explained them about the missing information, they should have contacted you, we didnt have your contact information, and they did.
Once you were here we explained you the situation and helped you to find another accomodation as we didn´t have rooms availables for the night , then you decided to reserved directly thru us for different date, the reservation was confirmed at our desk, with the information you provided us, but you didnt come so we proceded with our cancelation policy, this policy is show when you reserved, and you sign "agree":
Please try our service and give us the chance to change your opinion about us, sorry for the incovenience.
Maple Ridge, Canada
Reviewed 21 January 2012

We stayed at the Roger Dec. 3rd til the 17th 2011. We were a little nervous when we booked since we had only stayed at all inclusive hotels in the past. As soon as we arrived we knew we had booked the right hotel. If you want a clean and friendly hotel in the heart of old town the Roger is the place to stay. Would definately stay there again. We stayed in room #201 and only one small complaint. The shower head needs to be moved closer to the wall so it's not directly over your head.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Rincon de Guayabitos, Mexico
Reviewed 20 January 2012

We have stayed here 4 times now in the last several years and each time we have been treated like family by the staff. Beginning with the group of front desk people right through the cleaning staff each one was helpful, curteous and went out of their way to make our stay enjoyable. We tell everyone that if you want to stay in the Romantica area of Puerto Vallarta you can rest assured that you will be well taken care of at the Posada Roger!

Room Tip: There is no elevator so anyone with mobility issues may want to mention that as there are rooms on t...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Vernon, Canada
Reviewed 16 January 2012

Once again I stayed at this lovely hotel in Old Town in Puerto Vallarta. Upon arrival, after booking in November, I was overwhelmingly pleased that the owner had provided every extra that I had requested for my stay. If you are wanting a casual, super clean, friendly and accommodating hotel, stay at the Posada Roger. You won't regret it.

• Stayed January 2012