All reviews standard suite outdoor kitchen front desk si senor restaurant downstairs romantic zone table with chairs basic hotel jr suite walking distance to everything location is great rooftop terrace playa los muertos convenience store an older hotel sound of the waves restaurants and bars
Reviewed 16 September 2018

This an older hotel, but it is clean and comfortable. We had a balcony overlooking the beach. It is close to good restaurants and bars and the board walk. Staff where friendly and attentive, though English was a struggle for them.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Evan B
Reviewed 6 September 2018 via mobile

Once again, we are very happy with Hotel Emperador. This is our “go to” place in Puerto Vallarta: excellent staff, clean, comfy and accommodating. Easy walks to restaurants and groceries. Kitchenette is invaluable. Great views from our balcony of the bay and muelle.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ichabod40
Reviewed 29 August 2018 via mobile

This is an older hotel right in the middle of Playa Los Muertos. Besides the great location the hotel's wonderful staff is attentive and very helpful. Yes, the hotel needs some work but everything was clean and working properly. The oceanview rooms are worth the cost.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank JorgeZD70
Reviewed 28 August 2018

Prime location and cheaply priced during the off-season. Nice room with balcony. Elevator sometimes did not work and the jacuzzi on the deck did not work. The place needs some good maintenance and then it will be a much nicer place to stay. Also very difficult to find parking nearby. Crowded area around hotel.

Stayed: August 2018
Reviewed 27 August 2018

So many people wrote such junk about the Emperador I would have cancelled except that some of my very classy friends stay there so I knew it was cool. You have to stay ocean side. It is paradise. The oceanside suites are not your USA five star but they are delightful. Right on the beach, the pounding of the waves is heaven. The roomy balcony is the kitchen and dining room. I was never more happy to wash dishes than I was on that balcony, the ocean breezes all around me. I never felt like drinking out. Friends came for sunset drinks. Such a beautiful spot.
I am like the princess and the pea and yet he king-sized bed was super comfortable and the bed art by the chambermaids is so creative. I couldn't hear my neighbours because of the sound of the waves. I didn't want to sleep, the view was so lovely 24 hours a day.
My flight was delayed by 12 hours and yet the super charming front desk clerk Ian kept my requested spot. I was so afraid I would lose my lofty perch but all was well. How nice to arrive exhausted and to find all you dreamed of!
Emperador I wish I could afford you for a month!!! Loved my stay:)

Stayed: April 2018