All reviews continental breakfast small pool the rooftop pool area great breeze the location is perfect living space last minute trip beds were comfortable entire stay enjoyed my stay small hotel ocean view room suite tv pv refrigerator vent
Reviewed 8 May 2018 via mobile

We stayed for 8 nights in March and liked this place. It was kind of a last minute trip and I was unsure about this property as it had some mixed reviews but we were pleasantly surprised.

The location was perfect! We were on the 5th floor facing the park, beach was to our right and our view was really nice. Two chairs there to sit and enjoy the view and city happenings.

Our room although very dated was clean and comfortable. Noise that others had complained of was never an issue for us. Excellent A/C too which was important. Free breakfast wasn’t much but the lady that prepares does an excellent job and takes such pride in her little area.

We had some friends come for a few nights during our stay and they had an inside room which was nice but no view.

The staff and front desk people were awesome, very nice and helpful.

Overall we had a great stay here. It is dated and could use some serious updating in the rooms we saw but for the price we paid it was perfect, comfortable and clean. Ocean view room, perfect location within walking distance to most everything and great staff..... we would definitely stay here again.

Thanks Hotel Eloisa!

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank WillowsWay
Reviewed 23 April 2018

The service is EXCELLENT from the moment I park to the time I sit in their cozy lobby for some sweet cakes and coffee or just pain juice. What makes the experience memorable is the kind of caring all the staff have for their customers. I feel so well taken cared of whenever am here and they just are as concerned with my needs as they are sincere with their smiles :) Thank you to all the staff who made our stays consistently great! Especially to Ms. Cherry Flores tonight for going out of her way to help me with my urgent need. Keep up the great service! Thank you!

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank isabelacodilla
Reviewed 22 April 2018

I am a 65 year old Canadian woman, who was kidnapped from The Eloisa Hotel, aided and abetted by hotel management July 31,2017, in conjunction with the employees from the bookstore A PAGE IN THE SUN, located next to it.

This was a psyops operation, everyone pretended nothing was happening.

I was extracted, handcuffed, put in the open back of a security truck and driven through PV to a prison cells.

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
8  Thank mykita2018
Reviewed 17 April 2018

Sometimes one can overlook the absence of quality if there is some charm to a small hotel. This hotel is in a great location, but some of the rooms are dismally worn. My first night here was horrible in room 409. Both air vents were hanging out of the walls (I could hear bits of conversations from the occupants of the rooms on either sides of mine, as these vents separates individual bathrooms), and the shower stall floor was too shallow to keep water from spilling over onto the rest of the bathroom floor. With no bath mats provided, one ends up trailing water into the rest of the room. Worst if you should try to avoid stepping in water and wear sandals to the bathroom, you leave tracks of wet dirt all over the floor.. As for the furniture in the room, much of it looked like items left over from a garage sale. Perhaps the only thing good about this room is the air conditioner, which only makes you realize how nice it would be if the hotel had provided you with a blanket. Upon complaining to the front desk about my dissatisfaction with the room, I was moved to a room on the other side, facing the town square. This second room was an improvement on the first, still one had to content with water on the floor as the bathroom lay out is the same, and again no bath mats. And no blankets either. Economical travelers like myself looking for a deal should not be given shabby rooms because of room rates. We are not looking for Ritz Carlton accommodations with a two star hotel rates.. We simply expect comfort, and some amount of quality.

Date of stay: April 2018
2  Thank James Andrew C
Reviewed 31 March 2018

We stayed at the Eloisa Hotel for a few days while we were looking for a condo. Ordinarily, we would have stayed at the Emperador or Tropicanna on the beach but there
was no availability. We found that the room we were in was a bit small but comfortable enough. We booked it last minute and the next time we would book a room with a balcony or a suite. We knew the location was great if you like being close to the "action" ( bars, restaurants, shops, etc.)and very close to the beach in Old Town. We found the continental breakfast that was included was quite good and we really enjoyed the view from the rooftop pool area. Overall, we felt the value we received at the Eloisa was very good.

Room tip: choose one that has a balcony and that faces the park out front of the hotel
Date of stay: February 2018