“An interesting experience, not for amateurs”
Review of Vallarta Under Sea

Vallarta Under Sea
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We are a group of Professional divers who wants to share their most loved passion of the underwater world with all the people who visit Puerto Vallarta. We would like to introduce more new divers to the ocean and let them know how important is to all of us to take care about the natural resources and how to enjoy them with out damage.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 29 October 2017

An experienced diver, my companion was completing his Open Water training. The basic water skills finished, he then was taken on his first training dive, with myself accompanying. i was curious to see the trainer, Hector, take a camera with him. I became concerned when he then became like a kid with a new toy, spending all his time with his eyes glued to the lens, rather than reassuring, guiding and monitoring his trainee. Shadowing them, I took over when hector had vanished into the gloom, indicating that we would be buddies. I was able to show him a number of interesting features, including a stone fish.
On the next training dive, the trainee was handed an empty cylinder to use! Luckily he spotted it and it was replaced.
I was extremely disappointed that more effort was not made by the trainer to engage with the trainee under the water, to introduce him to the delights to be seen. There was very little done as a dive plan. One one occasion I had to ask who was diving with whom. We weren't given any advice on what to look out for, or what not to touch.

2  Thank tiggerfish2017
in 5 reviews
"marine life"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed 7 August 2017

We took part in 2 days of 2 tank dives. Los Arcos and Mariettas Island. Hector took great care of us, and my son enjoyed his first few dives past 40' depth. We swam through tunnels, saw several eel and plenty of fish. It was a success all the way around.

Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

My husband and I decided we wanted to go to the hidden beach and the adventures company did not have open tours yet this time of year ( thank God). We were running about 30 min late due to traffic and the tour waited for us!! Which was amazing!! On the ride out the island we saw groups of dolphins and stopped to watch it was a small group of 7 plus 3 staff members perfect group. When we arrived at the isaldn we were not able to get in because it is a national park and a sanctuary for birds so he rangers only let a certain amount of people in per day we knew this was a risk going in so we were not upset at all. We did some snorkeling and the staff was great about keeping us in a group and showing us beautiful sea life. We went to another little beach and saw some caves which was also really beautiful. Because it was such a small boat I got sea sick but thankfully the lead tour guide, Tadeo Chang had a remedy of pouring ice cold water on the back of my neck. Sickness went away in seconds. This staff member is amazing and so kind, I hope his boss reads this and knows that we specifically got his name and are doing the review because of his outstanding service!! He spoke both English and Spanish fluently and was very accommodating. I would not recommend using any other company besides this one. We loved our trip with them!!

Reviewed 24 June 2017

We did not trust the websites in Vallarta, so we located Luis Rivera, a world renowned dive-master in Guadalajara (member of NSS-DS Speleological Society-Diving Section PADI/NAUI). Rivera recommended Vallarta Undersea without hesitation; and explained that Undersea had the best and most capable operation for serious divers. So we booked at Undersea and traveled to Vallarta.
My husband and I just dived Marietas and El Morro and both dives were extraordinary. Lots of fish, octopus, rays and turtles. El Morro is more technical and farther away from the Marina than Marietas, but the cave system is breathtaking and worth the trip. Marietas is excellent and a fairly easy dive that is a world-class dive. Our Dive-Master, Hector was superb. He speaks perfect English and he is very knowledgeable. Most importantly, he is thorough and very aware of divers' safety as well as conservation of these great sites.
Our family has been diving for many years and we have dived in US, Caribbean, Australia, Africa and South Asia, and Undersea is one of the best and more professional operators that we have encountered.
We also saw a group of snorkelers that Undersea had taken to Marietas and they all commented that their experience with Undersea was excellent as well.
Good job Undersea! Hopefully we will return to Vallarta to do more diving with you.

1  Thank mbk_10
See more reviews
Reviewed 24 June 2017 via mobile

We went here on a recommendation, and poked our head in a couple other dive shops before booking. This place was the only one that was well staffed, with guys cleaning and checking equipment which was a good sign. As relatively novice divers (open water only with a dozen dives), my son and I rely a bit on the shop for recommendations. The shop had a gaggle of snorkelers come in after we arrived, they got priority and we kinda got ignored until the divemaster, Hector showed up. Hector was very good. He was calm and professional. The dive spots were relatively close together, but different and the visibility was pretty good. Downside was my BCD leaked a little which cut bottom time and on the second dive, they didn't swap my son's tank out (and we didn't catch it)so we went in and his tank was 1/3 full. He caught it soon enough that Hector was able to share his tank for the rest of the dive. It's kind of our luck. There were two other very experienced divers with us, who were return customers, and had no issues. Overall, I will dive with them again and it was a good experience. Did convince me i need to invest in some of my own gear.