Open today: 8:00 am - 6:00 pm
Review Highlights
Diving trip (after a Hurricane!)

Took a Dive trip out to the Maririetas Islands with this tour company. We were in PV during the... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
hoosierguy50
Berne, Indiana
Labor Day Dive at Los Arcos - Professional, Flexible, and Safe

A great pair of dives with Margarita over Labor Day weekend. Easy check-in and gear match up... read more

Reviewed 10 September 2018
Steven S
San Francisco, California, United States

All reviews dive master los arcos marietas islands puffer fish snorkeling group novice divers advanced certification night dive excellent diving pre dive dive plan dive spots diving experience rock formations open water wet suits manta ray
Reviewed 24 June 2017

We did not trust the websites in Vallarta, so we located Luis Rivera, a world renowned dive-master in Guadalajara (member of NSS-DS Speleological Society-Diving Section PADI/NAUI). Rivera recommended Vallarta Undersea without hesitation; and explained that Undersea had the best and most capable operation for serious divers. So we booked at Undersea and traveled to Vallarta.
My husband and I just dived Marietas and El Morro and both dives were extraordinary. Lots of fish, octopus, rays and turtles. El Morro is more technical and farther away from the Marina than Marietas, but the cave system is breathtaking and worth the trip. Marietas is excellent and a fairly easy dive that is a world-class dive. Our Dive-Master, Hector was superb. He speaks perfect English and he is very knowledgeable. Most importantly, he is thorough and very aware of divers' safety as well as conservation of these great sites.
Our family has been diving for many years and we have dived in US, Caribbean, Australia, Africa and South Asia, and Undersea is one of the best and more professional operators that we have encountered.
We also saw a group of snorkelers that Undersea had taken to Marietas and they all commented that their experience with Undersea was excellent as well.
Good job Undersea! Hopefully we will return to Vallarta to do more diving with you.

Date of experience: June 2017
2  Thank mbk_10
Reviewed 24 June 2017 via mobile

We went here on a recommendation, and poked our head in a couple other dive shops before booking. This place was the only one that was well staffed, with guys cleaning and checking equipment which was a good sign. As relatively novice divers (open water only with a dozen dives), my son and I rely a bit on the shop for recommendations. The shop had a gaggle of snorkelers come in after we arrived, they got priority and we kinda got ignored until the divemaster, Hector showed up. Hector was very good. He was calm and professional. The dive spots were relatively close together, but different and the visibility was pretty good. Downside was my BCD leaked a little which cut bottom time and on the second dive, they didn't swap my son's tank out (and we didn't catch it)so we went in and his tank was 1/3 full. He caught it soon enough that Hector was able to share his tank for the rest of the dive. It's kind of our luck. There were two other very experienced divers with us, who were return customers, and had no issues. Overall, I will dive with them again and it was a good experience. Did convince me i need to invest in some of my own gear.

Date of experience: June 2017
Reviewed 5 May 2017

We put a deposit of $149 down for a two tank dive in January(four months before our dive). In February we contacted the shop to cancel as we realized our ship would not keep the same time as the shop and we would not arrive in time for the dives. The shop said no problem,just arrive as early as we could. I called the shop again on March 31 telling them the earliest we could arrive would be 9:30am. No problem I was told again. So when we arrived on April 4 at 9:15 we were told the dive boat couldn't wait for the both of us and left at 9. And no we could not get our $149 returned. RIDICULOUS! DO NOT BOOK WITH THIS SHOP. Especially if you will be arriving via cruise ship.

Date of experience: April 2017
1  Thank Chris H
Reviewed 29 March 2017

This was my second dive with Vallarta Undersea, the first one was last year. Very well run dive shop, except the air compressor broke so a family of 4 had to reschedule their dive. The ship had a group of 4 snorkelers with a guide, myself, and another dive instructor (Gustavo), because of the small dive group we were able to do more underwater sightseeing and go to other areas for the dive. I would highly recommend Vallarta Undersea because of the small group sizes. Also on the boat ride back the captain allowed us to plug a phone into the stereo system so we could jam out passing the yachts out at sea.

Date of experience: March 2017
1  Thank Isiahmeyers
Reviewed 11 March 2017 via mobile

Did my open water certification with hector tom and Ortega they were helpful knowledgeable and made me feel comfortable thru all phases of the course would highly recommend them if you want to learn to scuba

Date of experience: March 2017